Why UFC not pushing the poor immigrant angle with Cain anymore?

TS, I dont get your post. Maybe they dont push them as poor becuase they arent anymore.

If Cain loses, has to get Brown Pride tattoo removed Sons of Anarchy style

sonsofanarchy06_480_poster.jpg

Angle? Why the hell do fighters need a story anyway let their fights tell the story

op despite ur stupid thread i did not know that about jds and now (if true) i really really hope he wins

what a great uplifting story of a guy that came from nothing to be hw champ of the world

i think nicaraguans are the brownest of the different types of people south of san diego

It was a good contrast with "Viking Brock" to talk about having immigrant parents, ect.. but now his recent opponents are equally brown. and equally poor or even poorer

JDS: more brown - Brazilians are the brownest of all South Americans

JDS: more under privileged

Cain: Good family, parents own property

JDS: broken home, alcoholic dad left early. Mom breaking her back to support family

Cain: College grad

JDS: Dropped out of HS. Couldn't even get into the military because of broken tooth. Working as a busboy before MMA

As you can see JDS has this poor under dog thing locked down. So now they need to push Cain as a hungry hard working fighter (which JDS could arguably top him too)

wow JDS is a beast. That's what gives him the motivation to be great. :D

i think nicaraguans are the brownest of the different types of people south of san diego

Hmm... I don't know about that. Look at the average shade of the people walking on a beach in Brazil. The African component is so well mixed that everybody looks like dark Europeans but a lot of them are true and true "brown".

Cain is less brown but just as proud. I'm not knocking him for the proud part. Just knocking the UFC for pushing the ethnic angle.

He looks pretty white to me, he even has light hair. A have an Albanian friend who looks just like Dos Santos except he's much smaller and has darker hair.

Maybe he is Albanian then?

Albanian pride!

Indians like Russell Peters are more brown than either of these guys.

What more brown means lol
I thought brown was having native ancestry, like people in mexico. Most brazilians are either white or black or a mix of the two.

^ this, yeah thats always how I percieved it anyway..
But I am from across the pond so what do I know about the American continent really..

JDS is literally more brown than Cain. Look at their pics together. Cain is white compared to him.

Native (american, indian) / portuguese..
portuguese is by far the darkest ones in Europe they even have some subsaharan admixture.. very low but still.

Brown pride doesnt come from Europe...

JDS is obviously a lot less privileged than Cain is but that's not to say Cain and his family didn't work hard to have what they do now.

Back