Why this idea Ronda is so better than Nunes in the ground if...

dontlaugh

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Nunes has better grappling than Holm ?

Also look at this guy's logic lmao, Nunes is shit on the ground cause she gets up when taken down :

cats.jpg
This guy is probably a dumb casual but still, why everyone thinks Ronda is unbeatable on the ground and all she has to do is get 1 single takedown and she wins it ?

Seriously, Nunes can't be that easy to submit as much as they're wishing, if Holm who probably has less grappling credentials than Nunes could sprawl Ronda, why Nunes wouldn't ?

It seems most Ronda fans don't really have much confidence in her stand up and are also afraid of a K.O. but still, i doubt it would be that easy to submit Nunes, even if Ronda has the best armbar ever.

Last edited:
Ronda has that one trick that is basically game over. How many of her opponents actually escaped an armbar when she's locked it in? She has so many set ups and ways to finish armbars like her fight with Cat.

Because she drops male Heavyweight champs with body shots bro...oh wait wrong thread

She trains with Edmond.
Of course she is a grappling goddess

The gable grip usually is followed by a trip to the moon and an armbar. Thats why.

she's not a god but she is an Olympic medalist in grappling. Not a Honda fan but that has to say something. Cormier gets credit for just being on the Olympic team, Honda actually left with a medal in her sport. That said, Nunes by KO RD 1.

She's more of a grappling god than Nunes is a striking god. I say this as a fan of both, who believes Nunes could possibly be the best striker in WMMA. But Ronda is pretty much the definitive best grappler in WMMA and maybe levels above the next best (see Tate, Cupcake).

She's more of a grappling god than Nunes is a striking god. I say this as a fan of both, who believes Nunes could possibly be the best striker in WMMA.
joanna_jedrzejczyk_belts1.jpg

Because she's never yet faced anyone that can defend a hip throw (other than Holly Holm (and McMann) who made it look easy by keeping her hips lower than Ronda's whenever they clinched). She's definitely a one trick pony. Great at judo but nothing much else. If Amanda can defend one or two takedowns Ronda is fucked.

Her shots against Holly were more shots of desperation, she'd took some damage and wasn't getting anywhere with her striking, her shots were telegraphed and Holly is very strong as well, I don't like Ronda but if you're getting to knock her ground game you're an idiot. She's probably the best in the game.

You have watched some of her fights right

I forgot sherdog just reads the title.

ADD's strong around here.

Let me fix it.

Technically better maybe, but nowhere near as dangerous. Nunes is like the Rumble to JJ's... uh, Barboza.
Dangerous means she hits hard, and she throws hard because she overextends herself alot on her punches. She just wings em as hard as she can and throws herself off balance.

Nunes' grappling isn't terrible at all, but her cardio tends to be terrible, and grappling drains a lot of energy. That being said Ronda merks in a ground battle at any point in the fight imo

Back