Why this idea Ronda is so better than Nunes in the ground if...

Dangerous means she hits hard, and she throws hard because she overextends herself alot on her punches. She just wings em as hard as she can and throws herself off balance.
Yeah so she's still more dangerous. lol

Ya'll know the minute that Holly v Ronda was announced, Jack/Wink hired a judo guy to be part of the team, and the entirety of J/W Gym went into prepping Holly.

Nunes has... ATT?

Because she's never yet faced anyone that can defend a hip throw (other than Holly Holm (and McMann) who made it look easy by keeping her hips lower than Ronda's whenever they clinched). She's definitely a one trick pony. Great at judo but nothing much else. If Amanda can defend one or two takedowns Ronda is fucked.
Thank god somebody gets it

Because she's never yet faced anyone that can defend a hip throw (other than Holly Holm (and McMann) who made it look easy by keeping her hips lower than Ronda's whenever they clinched). She's definitely a one trick pony. Great at judo but nothing much else. If Amanda can defend one or two takedowns Ronda is fucked.
Agree 100%!

Nonsense question.

All significant work will/was done in clinch.

Not best striker in WMMA
Best doesn't necessarily mean most technical, it's subjective. Some think Rumble is best in MMMA, I might agree. ;)

Also, JJ isn't better than Shevchenko until proven otherwise lol.

For someone who doesn't spend a lot of time on the ground, she sure looks like shit when she does.

pnngwV2.gif

6mMLnB6.gif

Mbq2tsZ.png

hlCW0K7.gif

Ya'll know the minute that Holly v Ronda was announced, Jack/Wink hired a judo guy to be part of the team, and the entirety of J/W Gym went into prepping Holly.

Nunes has... ATT?
So basically, Ronda's main weapon is so dangerous that someone got ready for it IN ONE CAMP and it was enough to beat her ?

If her judo and ground game are so fucking unbeatable, they could bring a fucking Gold medalist, it wouldn't be enough.

Best doesn't necessarily mean most technical, it's subjective. Some think Rumble is best in MMMA, I might agree. ;)

Also, JJ isn't better than Shevchenko until proven otherwise lol.
I dont agree rumble is best in mma. I just think his physical agression and forward movement in the beggining is difficult to deal with. But like hendricks,if he dont get it early,he usually dont get it.

So basically, Ronda's main weapon is so dangerous that someone got ready for it IN ONE CAMP and it was enough to beat her ?

If her judo and ground game are so fucking unbeatable, they could bring a fucking Gold medalist, it wouldn't be enough.
It was the hardest camp of Holly's 13 year fighting career

Nunes has better grappling than Holm ?

Also look at this guy's logic lmao, Nunes is shit on the ground cause she gets up when taken down :

View attachment 183463
This guy is probably a dumb casual but still, why everyone thinks Ronda is unbeatable on the ground and all she has to do is get 1 single takedown and she wins it ?

Seriously, Nunes can't be that easy to submit as much as they're wishing, if Holm who probably has less grappling credentials than Nunes could sprawl Ronda, why Nunes wouldn't ?

It seems most Ronda fans don't really have much confidence in her stand up and are also afraid of a K.O. but still, i doubt it would be that easy to submit Nunes, even if Ronda has the best armbar ever.
Why do people think you sprawl against a grapple with primarily upper body takedowns? Holm didn't sprawl Rousey. She tucked her arm inside to avoid the over hook, and then kept distance between their hips to avoid the connection. When there was a connection, she kept low hips. This isn't the same as a sprawl.

I dont agree rumble is best in mma. I just think his physical agression and forward movement in the beggining is difficult to deal with. But like hendricks,if he dont get it early,he usually dont get it.
Nobody has been able to deal with him standing since moving to LHW though, DC beat him with grappling. Even Conor has been on the losing end standing before the sub, Cruz has been matched standing by TJ etc.

I guess we value different things, I rate the devastation of Rumble/Nunes over the pure technique of others. Most effectve=best

Nunes has... ATT?

And Holly still needed Ronda to be at her worse physically and mentally going into the fight. Nunes won't be getting that advantage.

It was the hardest camp of Holly's 13 year fighting career
Bet Nunes' camp was also good.

But i'll not dive much into it, it's WMMA. These girls get emotionally affected and it fucks up whatever they know or trained to do. For all we know could be a sub in the first for Nunes or a KO win for Ronda.

Nobody has been able to deal with him standing since moving to LHW though, DC beat him with grappling. Even Conor has been on the losing end standing before the sub, Cruz has been matched standing by TJ etc.

I guess we value different things, I rate the devastation of Rumble/Nunes over the pure technique of others. Most effectve=best

I just dont rate a guy on just power,trying to Manhoef his way through the fight. At the elite level that guy usuallly has his short comings exposed.

Back