Why this idea Ronda is so better than Nunes in the ground if...

Cormier gets credit for just being on the Olympic team, Honda actually left with a medal in her sport. That said, Nunes by KO RD 1.
Wtf does that mean? He gets credit because hes a fucking Beast of a wrestler who was the Captain of the American Olympic team. In not even gonna try to explain how fucking badass that is cause you probably just flat out don't get it.

Now tell me, any of thse subbed in the first have a better ground game than Nunes ?

Yes.

-Sarah D'Alelio: Subbed in 25 seconds, got a 30-26 on Nunes by outgrappling her.
-Miesha Tate: Subbed in the first, better ground game than Nunes (able to actually do damage from bottom)
-Liz Carmouche: Subbed in the first. Her ground and pound is as good as Amanda and she is harder to take down.
-Davis: Subbed in the first. Better ground game than Nunes (this is where she defeated her)
-Zingano: same as Davis.

Nunes doesn't do much when she is put on her back and this is where Ronda finishes everyone. I want Amanda to win and I think she can, but she'd be stupid to go to the ground or try to clinch with Rousey

Bet Nunes' camp was also good.

But i'll not dive much into it, it's WMMA. These girls get emotionally affected and it fucks up whatever they know or trained to do. For all we know could be a sub in the first for Nunes or a KO win for Ronda.
Eh, Nunes is gonna gas like she always does, she's gonna land a few bombs and then throw a lazy straight, which Ronda will eat and then turn into an instant armbar.

Looks as shit as Ronda's striking

Ronda's striking is better than Nunes's ground game. Ronda got outstruck by a 17 time boxing champion. It was to be expected. Nunes got taken down and beaten into a coma by 2 women Ronda finished on the ground in under 30 seconds. Also, let's not forget tiny Valentina took Nunes down as well and had side control for several minutes. Nunes's ground game is beginner level compared to Ronda's.

And Holly still needed Ronda to be at her worse physically and mentally going into the fight. Nunes won't be getting that advantage.
Yeah, someone who was talking about suicide months ago isn't going to feel pressured for a return in the main event where everyone is counting or her win to hype the shit out of her again...

How the fuck was that Ronda's worse physically and mentally ? undefeated and looking unstoppable, a scuffle in the weight in that SHE STARTED would be enough to get her at her worse mentally ?

So all Nunes has to do is get Ronda mad ? Or her "worse" comes out as soon as she's sprawled or takes a good punch ?

I just dont rate a guy on just power,trying to Manhoef his way through the fight. At the elite level that guy usuallly has his short comings exposed.
Rumble is accurate too though as is Nunes, you're just looking for "better" looking technique but those technicians who are supposed to be better have been "exposed" or troubled more standing than they have.

Woodley might even be a "better" MMA striker than WB, he would prob lose badly in pure striking but I mean...

joanna_jedrzejczyk_belts1.jpg

valentina-shevchenko-04.jpg

Ya'll know the minute that Holly v Ronda was announced, Jack/Wink hired a judo guy to be part of the team, and the entirety of J/W Gym went into prepping Holly.

Nunes has... ATT?
I'm sure everyone in that gym already knew how to defend a Judo trip.

Yeah, someone who was talking about suicide months ago isn't going to feel pressured for a return in the main event where everyone is counting or her win to hype the shit out of her again...

How the fuck was that Ronda's worse physically and mentally ? undefeated and looking unstoppable, a scuffle in the weight in that SHE STARTED would be enough to get her at her worse mentally ?

So all Nunes has to do is get Ronda mad ? Or her "worse" comes out as soon as she's sprawled or takes a good punch ?

Worse as in worn out from taking on too many commitments to the point it was effecting her training and preparation. Holly was her 3rd title defense that year and the fight was moved up 2 months from where it was originally scheduled in January of 2016. She was talking about taking a long break leading up to the fight because she was exhausted. So yea, she was at her worse. Ronda did all the promoting for the fight as well, while Holly say back and had the luxury of concentrating on her game plan.

Ronda's striking is better than Nunes's ground game. Ronda got outstruck by a 17 time boxing champion. It was to be expected. Nunes got taken down and beaten into a coma by 2 women Ronda finished on the ground in under 30 seconds. Also, let's not forget tiny Valentina took Nunes down as well and had side control for several minutes. Nunes's ground game is beginner level compared to Ronda's.
Valentina is a master of sports in judo

I'm sure everyone in that gym already knew how to defend a Judo trip.
It wasn't the Judo trip she had to worry about. They did game plan for specific throws, not trips, used commonly by Rousey.

Yes.

-Sarah D'Alelio: Subbed in 25 seconds, got a 30-26 on Nunes by outgrappling her.
-Miesha Tate: Subbed in the first, better ground game than Nunes (able to actually do damage from bottom)
-Liz Carmouche: Subbed in the first. Her ground and pound is as good as Amanda and she is harder to take down.
-Davis: Subbed in the first. Better ground game than Nunes (this is where she defeated her)
-Zingano: same as Davis.

Nunes doesn't do much when she is put on her back and this is where Ronda finishes everyone. I want Amanda to win and I think she can, but she'd be stupid to go to the ground or try to clinch with Rousey

If Holm adapted and found a way to not be taken down, why Nunes which is a better grappler than her wouldn't ?

Basically Ronda is god against other grapplers, but against someone with almost 0 grappling crendentials, it all sucks all of a sudden ?

And Nunes has shown improvement on every area recently, meanwhile Ronda was away and has her "emotional side" affectd to easily. I don't see how is it impossible taks for Nunes to not go to the ground or just avoid being subbed.

I mean what are the chances that by now most figure out Ronda's game and how to avoid it ? especially after she got dismantled by Holm which isn't a BJJ or Grappling god herself ?

she's not a god but she is an Olympic medalist in grappling. Not a Honda fan but that has to say something. Cormier gets credit for just being on the Olympic team, Honda actually left with a medal in her sport. That said, Nunes by KO RD 1.

And Cormier competed in a division filled with the greatest wrestlers to ever live on the planet earth.

Ronda's division was not on that level.

Ah i get it. Holm's striking lowered Ronda's grappling skills as each punch connected.

All Amanda needs is to connect a good punch before being taken down so Ronda loses all her judo ability.

Nunes has T/KO 9 finishes. I'm pretty sure her striking is MORE than enough to deal with Rousey's and i really doubt this

\/
{<RR}

Can only be beaten by a Boxing champ with as much or more credentials than Holm.

Rumble is accurate too though as is Nunes, you're just looking for "better" looking technique but those technicians who are supposed to be better have been "exposed" or troubled more standing than they have.

Woodley might even be a "better" MMA striker than WB, he would prob lose badly in pure striking but I mean...
Fedor beat Mirko in the standup,but i still dont think he is a better striker than mirko overall

Valentina is a master of sports in judo

I know. Valentina is a black belt in judo. Master of sports probably refers to being a national champion in Russia.

How this went from Ronda and Nunes to Anthony Johnson i will never know

Back