Why the Fake Outrage at Holly Holm?!

What's with the term "fake outrage"? Why should something be fake just because it's moronic? Stop questioning people's motives and argue like an adult.

As for the topic: All current options are bad. This one is at least something we haven't seen before.

What's with the term "fake outrage"? Why should something be fake just because it's moronic? Stop questioning people's motives and argue like an adult.

As for the topic: All current options are bad. This one is at least something we haven't seen before.

You're right. I should change the thread title to Moronic Outrage.

That sig is so spot on.

Thread title makes me laugh.

Why fake rage??!?!

Holly got nothing for Ronda.

- We get boxing world champions in here – girls – and she drops all of them with body shots,” Tarverdyan said

Sherdog is nothing but fake outrage

someone said they were "emotionally restless" because of the condit/lawler matchup.

A fight they wanted to see of course but not right now nooooooooo

Mens MMA Super Striking
12-Daniel-Cormier-vs.-Frank-Mir-1.gif

23w6yr4.gif

06dtsnr1as9r.gif

Women's MMA Inferior Striking
tumblr_nl99c4JpO51u2ragso1_400.gif

Holly_Holm_vs._Allanna_Jones_2_medium.gif

giphy.gif

cherry picking, and you don't even do it right.

gif of JJ is just a finishing flurry.
Holm gif is ok but as it shows a cool set-up by Holm it also shows bad striking defense by her opponent.
Rousey gif is just brutal, not really much of a display of technique or anything, also just something at the end of the fight, kind of easy with Bethe's left arm like that.

JJ and Rousey are better than how you portray them here.

I'm fine with her being led to the slaughter, but it was extremely shitty of the UFC to announce to the world that Tate earned the shot....confirm it....then announce later they changed their minds(and I thought the Tate re-rematch was fucking comical to begin with).

It's basically this. Don't announce and pretty much guarantee someone a title shot and give it away to someone else. That's what people are flipping out about.

I like fresh matchups.

Holly was hyped big time but hasn't really impressed a great deal in her fights. It's almost as if people change their minds after they've been presented with evidence that contradicts their previous views.

In the beginning I don't think they were hyping Holly as much as you say. They showed her boxing record. Some Sherdog members did more hyping.

Only reason Holly is getting this fight is because the UFC knows she is not ready yet. They just want Ronda to get Hollys name out of the way.

Only reason Holly is getting this fight is because the UFC knows she is not ready yet. They just want Ronda to get Hollys name out of the way.

And because people were screaming they didn't want to see Tate 3.

I was fine with Tate 3 but Tate 3 seemed to upset a lot of people.

Holly has been in MMA for quite awhile, her first Pro MMA fight was March 4, 2011. Ronda's first Pro fight was March 27, 2011.

Holly isn't going to be getting much more ready.

The "Holly isn't ready yet" is a weak excuse. Holly started training MMA before Ronda, she has 9 fights, Ronda has 12, she would have had more but girls refused to fight her and the UFC hadn't signed her.

She is 33 years old. UFC wants Ronda vs Cyborg at UFC 200 so now is the perfect time for Holly.

Holly has been at the top of the combat sports scene for years with a zillion championships. She is a big girl. She doesn't need your coddling

Holm has a problem with the pressure and is not performing at her best

Dont you want a holm at her best fighting ronda ?

That would take maybe 2-3 more fights in the ufc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back