Why the Fake Outrage at Holly Holm?!

I just hate seeing the REAL #1 contender getting screwed. The same thing happened to Frankie Edgar and it pissed me off to no end there as well.

Miesha Tate has improved considerably. You can see it. You can literally see the fire in her eyes. She won four in a row and against some top talent. She was even promised the fight. It's disrespectful to her and I think it is disrespectful to the fans and the sport as well.

Holly is going to be 34 by then and has low-level grappling...easy one for Ronda

I don't think Holly Holm is ready whatsoever. She is supposedly a "great" boxer, yet Pennington and Marion stood with her with ease. I haven't seen anything impressive from her. She's not ready!!

Yes. She might be great. Hell she might even really be able to beat Ronda right now for all I know. However she hasn't proven herself in there yet. She hasn't earned a title fight. I don't say this to disrespect her. I say it because I believe there are other fighters like Tate who deserve it more.

nobody actually cares dude

Ronda gonna Ronda

She's far from ready for Ronda and hasn't beaten anyone to deserve it.

I like it if the alternative is another fight with Tate. Let Ronda steamroll someone new. Tate getting tooled for a third time sounds incredibly unexciting.

So an idiot makes a thread and that means the title shot makes sense?!?! If the idiotic thread had a poll where a vast majority of sherdoggers thought Holms would beat Rousey, I'd understand.

Because the stupid bastards whine about it no matter who she fights. They whined about it being Meisha, now they're whining about it being Holm. Who cares, Ronda is going to beat both of them

If the people that are outraged are anything like me, then their outrage is probably centered on simply having to watch Holm fight(anybody) at all.

Which is why this fight makes sense. Its going to be almost impossible for Holm to have a boring fight here. She going to get the fight taken to her right away.

I'm fine with her being led to the slaughter, but it was extremely shitty of the UFC to announce to the world that Tate earned the shot....confirm it....then announce later they changed their minds(and I thought the Tate re-rematch was fucking comical to begin with).

Nothing new. I don't know why people in 2015 still have not figured out that you must ignore any title implication talks before fights. They don't mean shit guys, at most they are suggestions and hints. Until a fight is signed its literally in our ear and out the next to me. I never get upset or annoyed with them.

Yes. She might be great. Hell she might even really be able to beat Ronda right now for all I know. However she hasn't proven herself in there yet. She hasn't earned a title fight. I don't say this to disrespect her. I say it because I believe there are other fighters like Tate who deserve it more.

Yea I know man . No disrespect from me at all. I just think she's in for her first "L"

Which is why this fight makes sense. Its going to be almost impossible for Holm to have a boring fight here. She going to get the fight taken to her right away.

Nothing new. I don't know why people in 2015 still have not figured out that you must ignore any title implication talks before fights. They don't mean shit guys, at most they are suggestions and hints. Until a fight is signed its literally in our ear and out the next to me. I never get upset or annoyed with them.

Oh I totally agree. I don't actually care that Tate got fucked over(because I thought that title shot was stupid to begin with) for Holm, I was just making the observation that it is/was shitty(though as you point out, not at all uncommon) of the UFC to do so.

Oh I totally agree. I don't actually care that Tate got fucked over(because I thought that title shot was stupid to begin with) for Holm, I was just making the observation that it is/was shitty(though as you point out, not at all uncommon) of the UFC to do so.

If both people and fighters ignore Zuffa brass and looked at it like say a weatherman's prediction then everyone would be better off.

Just your typical sherdoggery. Ronda-Tate 3 is announced and everyone complains saying it should be either Nunes or Holm, they don't care to see Meisha lose again. Now it's Ronda-Holm and everyone is crying it should be either Nunes or Tate. You can't make these people happy

People here shitting on Holms striking. Haha.

Actually, her stand up is great. Her footwork, distancing, legs kicks, punches are text book etc etc.

The problem is, and why she's been underwhelming, is that she seems tentative. Like she's tooooo scared of the take down or the possible knee to the face, and too patient.

If she had the Chris Cyborg aggression shed be destroying these girls. But she doesn't, so you're going to get underwhelming performances.

The interesting thing is, her patience and footwork might actually work for her against Ronda. Might. Just might.

Whereas Cyborg will probably get aggressive, too close, and pow! Grab, toss, arm-bar. Just probably.

Holm wrecks Ronda on the feet and gets wrecked on the ground. I don't see Holm avoiding the takedowns all fight eventually she gets subbed unless she can slowly beat Ronda down with legkicks

If both people and fighters ignore Zuffa brass and looked at it like say a weatherman's prediction then everyone would be better off.

Yup. No bout is confirmed in the UFC until they are standing in the cage across from one another.

I'm not outraged but I think they should have let her develop more..

She's getting thrown there as a sacrificial lamb imo

There was a thread earlier bumped that said the UFC is afraid to sign Holly Holm because she'll tool Ronda on the feet - http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/why-cyborg-holly-holm-not-ufc-real-reasons-2713249/

Now people are up in arms that Holly is getting a title shot?

What's with the Fake Outrage?

nobody actually cares dude

Ronda gonna Ronda

I'm absolutely sure that if we look through that stupid thread, we would see your stupid posts in there.

Back