Why Rousey is likely to retire undefeated

Also, eess boolsheet. Cyborg will nullify much of Rousey's grappling by being stronger.

Rousey competed against girls bigger than her all of her Judo career. Some of which would dwarf Cyborg (Edith Bosch comes to mind). Also, Judo is not about muscle-raping someone.

Rousey competed against girls bigger than her all of her Judo career. Also, Judo is not about about being stronger (although as with anything, it helps).

I spent time training in Judo, and yes, strength makes a big difference. Even the 70 year old coach had iron grips and very strong legs and hips. I am 220 lbs and he could easily scoop me up on his back/hip while making pointers about correct technique.

Having an active competitor grab my sleeve was sometimes scary because I could do fuck all even if they were like 170lbs.

Pretending guys like Riner and Illiadis don't dominate due to strength and athleticism is naive. They are technically sound too, but again, strength for sure helps.

The problem with this logic is that you're an idiot. /shrug

The only person Rousey hates is Miesha Tate. She behaves just fine when she isn't involved, and that's because Tate has spent more than two years being a complete bitch to Rousey.

Before Tate was gifted her wholly undeserved spot on TUF, Rousey had had plenty of nie things to say about Zingano, and had also offered to give Zingano her choice of training times in the gym so Zingano could spend more time with her kid.

You goobers get distracted by how the TUF producers craft the show, and hilariously overreact to Rousey not wanting to play nice with a chick who has continually tried to bait her for two years, been a bad sport, and is one of the fakest personalities in MMA. But it means those TUF guys deserve their paychecks, because you've swallowed it hook, line and sinker, and are now just flopping on the end of their line.

Why would the UFC want to make their cash cow look bad on TUF? Maybe she really is just a bit of a dick.

Wrong. Carmouche could have been close to submitting her but her not setting it up was her downfall. Look at how her male clone Uriah Faber won against Menjivar that same night. She didn't have the position locked down well at all in addition to her just snatching a neck crank which is difficult to pull off.

Carmouche is a clone of Faber? What kind of fantasy worls are you living in? They have nothing in common

I spent time training in Judo, and yes, strength makes a big difference. Even the 70 year old coach had iron grips and very strong legs and hips. I am 220 lbs and he could easily scoop me up on his back/hip while making pointers about correct technique.

Having an active competitor grab my sleeve was sometimes scary because I could do fuck all even if they were like 170lbs.

Pretending guys like Riner and Illiadis don't dominate due to strength and athleticism is naive. They are technically sound too, but again, strength for sure helps.

I'm not sure the point you are trying to make with the first two comments by saying a 70 year old coach handled you easily when you were 200 lbs, or that you as a much heavier competitor couldn't handle someone much lighter (isn't that the point I was making?). As for Illiadis and Riner, you're talking about strength among similarly skilled Judo practitioners. Cyborg and Rousey are not similarly skilled in Judo. Technique, in that instance, just as in the instances in your personal experience, then becomes paramount.

Last edited:
Lol at comparing Ronda to Jones.

Rousey is the Cody McKenzie of WMMA.

McKenzie went 11-0 with 9 first round submissions to start his career using the same submission.

Then he stepped up in competition and started fighting world class fighters and proved to be passable, at best.

Rousey is Condy McKenzie fighting in a world where world class fighters don't exist.

I agree that she might retire undefeated and keep hitting the same first round sub (like Cody), but comparisons to Jones are uncalled for and ridiculous.

I have no problem with WMMA and am happy to see it in the UFC - it's entertaining and worthy of support- I hope it will grow. The only annoying part is people who refuse to call a spade a spade.

Lol at comparing Ronda to Jones.

Rousey is the Cody McKenzie of WMMA.

McKenzie went 11-0 with 9 first round submissions to start his career using the same submission.

Then he stepped up in competition and started fighting world class fighters and proved to be passable, at best.

Yeah, because Cody McKenzie dropping guillotines on people is totally the same as Rousey taking down and submitting people in MMA, just like she did on her way to an Olympic medal. Totally a fair comparison of skill and execution.

You're forgetting that Rousey has also had nearly every opponent she has faced in full mount within seconds of the fight. She doesn't need to armbar opponents. She, in fact, didn't need to armbar Tate when she had her laying flat down on her stomach and covering her head while the ref was telling Tate to fight back. Rousey's talents are not just in submitting opponents, it's also in taking them down and acquiring dominant position. She easily could have won all of her fights so far by first round TKO in those positions.

Yeah, because Cody McKenzie dropping guillotines on people is totally the same as Rousey taking down and submitting people in MMA, just like she did on her way to an Olympic medal. Totally a fair comparison of skill and execution.

You're forgetting that Rousey has also had nearly every opponent she has faced in full mount within seconds of the fight. She doesn't need to armbar opponents. She, in fact, didn't need to armbar Tate when she had her laying flat down on her stomach and covering her head while the ref was telling Tate to fight back. Rousey's talents are not just in submitting opponents, it's also in taking them down and acquiring dominant position. She easily could have won all of her fights so far by first round TKO in those positions.

You're missing the point. I'm not saying she is winning fights because of her submission. I'm saying she's winning fights because the competition level in WMMA is far, far, far from world class.

Her last fight was against someone who has never beat anyone with a winning record. Her next fight is against someone who lost her last fight and who Rousey already beat in the first round.

She's in exceptionally shallow waters. It's not her fault, WMMA is in its infancy. But that's how it is. That's why you can't compare Jones and Rousey.

Enjoy watching Rousey fight. Appreciate what she's doing to put WMMA on the map and give it a huge chance to grow. Enjoy watching WMMA. But don't compare Rousey to Jones and don't think Rousey winning three more fights and retiring undefeated is some awe-inspiring accomplishment. That's absurd.

I know one thing. If she has two or lets say three more fights in her career and retires then, I dont wanna hear that she was the best women fighter has ever lived and was a legend end she retired undefeated with a ten fight winning streak, yeah, cause that 10 fights was all what she had. youve got 10 fights and then you wanna retire????? wooow what a warrior.

Lol, the Rousey/Jones comparison is being blown out of proportion. The only reason I mentioned it is because Jones, like Rousey, has an abrasive personality, which makes people want him to lose and create fictional scenarios where it will happen. Like Rousey. That's their similarity. The reasons for their respective dominations are wholly different.

I hold with Rousey being far more similar to Royce in many ways, in that she's simply ahead of her time. She will put WMMA on the map the same way Royce did for MMA, and if you don't like that comparison- too bad. They are exactly the same in their respective sports.

The whole point I was making isn't that she's some unbeatable machine (Royce hardly was either) but that she IS so far ahead of the curve, and that she's likely to retire in a few years, and it's highly unlikely WMMA will catch up in that time. People seem to have convinced themselves that she's been 'found out' when in reality she hasn't, and won't be. The fact anyone honestly thinks Zingano could beat her shows how deluded they are, Rousey would smoke her. Tate has a very, very outside chance but that's extremely unlikely, her grappling simply isn't good enough unless she happens to land in a completely dominant position when Rousey throws her, and manages to hold on to it. Even from a dominant position, Rousey has already demonstrated she has the skill and athleticism to fight her way out.

If Rousey beats McMann, she retires undefeated unless she carries on too long. And I think she's gonna last 4/5 more fights, 3 years, clean out every major challenger and retire to focus on a movie career. And she would retire a legend of WMMA just the same way Royce did, because she helped to put it on the map. Without her there wouldn't BE WMMA in the UFC.

Dead-body-meme-e1447600342113.jpg

Every time i see one of these threads get bumped I'm always happy to see that I wasn't involved...

She'll retire like Gina did, with one loss.

She'll eventually take a beating a decide to let that pretty face make money in movies.
But she looks like the fat kid from the Goonies

Most of this thread is from when ronda was 7-0 or 8-0. Think about it. That's nothing. She's 4-2 or 5-2 since then, while still ducking Cyborg.

oh dear lord...wall of text fail...

Back