Why no love for the Horiguchi fight?

Horiguchi made the other guys on the card look like slow Z-level athletes.

Because all the fights sucked in middle school and these guys are the same size.

Rather watch WMMA to be honest.

I would have liked to have gone to your middle school to see technical fights. all we go were shoving matches.

I'm only 5'7 and would probably fight at flyweight, but even I can't stand the flyweight division lol.

Just get rid of it, and whoever is good enough can fight at bantamweight.

I'm only 5'7 and would probably fight at flyweight, but even I can't stand the flyweight division lol.

Just get rid of it, and whoever is good enough can fight at bantamweight.

why because they are small?

Pretty much, if I'm being honest.

I appreciate technique and skill as much as the next guy, but in the fight game, I just can't get too excited over guys that could get crushed by some can just 2 or 3 weights up.

The work rate was really low early on and really one-sided later on. It wasn't exactly an easy fight to get excited for.

there were like three punches thrown in the first few minutes of the fight. Once the crowd was out of it and started booing, I was bored also.

Plus, neither fighter went for the finish at any time during the fight...

gaudinot tried some submissions

Some guys need to feel like they can be dominated by a fighter in order to enjoy the match. It's a creepy psychological thing. Homeslice doesn't fear the FLW because he thinks he can take them.

No worries TS. You'll get used to it. It was one of the best fights of the evening but wasted on the chattel here.

Bc of DC/Jones beef..

Anyway, I was so impressed by this guy, finally some decent Japanese in UFC, his Karate style is amazing to watch :)

It was a fun fight. Certainly better than Marquardt/Tavares, and a huge change of pace from Lombard/Burkman.

Most hoped Horiguchi would destroy Gaudinot, but it didn't happen, and it's hard to get excited for him vs DJ at this point.

I liked it. Could be biased because I'm a fan of Horiguchi.

It was way more exciting than the standard MMA striking Cerrone fight. Horiguchi was using feints to land multiple shots darting in and out. he even used a pretty wide variety of techniques. You definitely could tell there was a Karate component reminiscent of Machida.

A nice prospect for the UFC's japanese market. Maybe can help bring about an MMA resurgence in Japan.

It was nice but honestly no one wants to see that shit the way he was hyped leading up to last night. People thought he was the love child of Gomi and Kid Moto.

Where were the bombs that were supposed to be dropped? The dude they put Horiguchi in with last night was supposed to be fodder.

That was the last of a string of fights were I thought "I will never watch FlyW again". Huge MM and Dodson fan and all but this jumping and bouncing around is hard to watch. It's not that there aren't enough finishes, they aren't even really hitting each other. At FlyW you can watch for minutes with almost not a single good shot landing but a lot of elusive movement.

it was awful and boring. i watched it at a bar and even though lombard/burkman wasn't very good, there was at least a bit of atmosphere/excitement around because you knew something could happen at any minute.

when the little wee men came on the crowd just pretty much went to sleep. you could tell no one was interested. they danced around and hit each other for 3 rounds with zero damage to show for it.

the card never recovered after that

in b4 mr 100,000 posts tells us how sexually aroused he is by little men.

in the real world flyweights are killing the ufc

I'm among those that enjoyed this fight.

Horiguchi has a very nice style and is a very technical fighter + has power in the hands that nome FLWs have.

About the marketing thing, UFC will almost leave Asia in 2015 (their words, just 3 events) so dunno if they want still push just for his passoport, is more for his skills.

it was awful and boring. i watched it at a bar and even though lombard/burkman wasn't very good, there was at least a bit of atmosphere/excitement around because you knew something could happen at any minute.

when the little wee men came on the crowd just pretty much went to sleep. you could tell no one was interested. they danced around and hit each other for 3 rounds with zero damage to show for it.

the card never recovered after that

in b4 mr 100,000 posts tells us how sexually aroused he is by little men.

in the real world flyweights are killing the ufc

Horiguchi never had a bad fight in the UFC before this one.

Fight sucked and Horiguchi was underwhelming, dude was -700 and didn't look like a title contender.

cause half of this site are casuals, or just shit on lower weightclasses for no reason other than being a little bitch.

don't think he looked impressive at all

Back