Why no love for the Horiguchi fight?

Considering the circumstances and how shallow the division he's in is. They're definitely going to look to set him up for a title shot in Japan.

I thought horiguchi looked awesome. He put together some very nice combinations and his speed was unreal.

Was excited for it but it was a bit forgettable IMO.

No one cares about tiny dudes jumping around all over the place.
This, and they landed 3 punch combos that didn't faze, each other 135 is too small for anything other than a horse jockey

That was the last of a string of fights were I thought "I will never watch FlyW again". Huge MM and Dodson fan and all but this jumping and bouncing around is hard to watch. It's not that there aren't enough finishes, they aren't even really hitting each other. At FlyW you can watch for minutes with almost not a single good shot landing but a lot of elusive movement.

The cage is just too big for sub 145 fighters. It stood out to me just how far away they were from each other, almost the whole fight was at 1,5-2x striking distance and because of that very few strikes actually landed.

The cage is just too big for sub 145 fighters. It stood out to me just how far away they were from each other, almost the whole fight was at 1,5-2x striking distance and because of that very few strikes actually landed.

It's just the guy's style, same as Machida, stay way out of range most of the time.

Horiguchi looked good and it may have been his best performance to date, but the fight in and of itself wasn't particularly exciting.

Of course it was far more exciting than Cerrone's fight, Jury didn't want to be there, he didn't fight.

I'd prefer to watch most Cerrone fights.

I literally fell asleep or maybe I was just tired, I've been going to bed late as hell lately.

Good fight. Not overly excitingbut good fight. Also, I like it that he is a happy, fired up young guy. It's a good change of pace in a sport where everybody is trying to be all badass and intimidating.

I enjoyed that fight. Watching Horiguchi close in fun.

I don't know why people here specualte the fans were booing. It was the only fight it seems that people were cheering or at least being quiet when the action died die.

Funny that a flyweight and lightweight match was better than most of the upper weight class fights.

there were like three punches thrown in the first few minutes of the fight. Once the crowd was out of it and started booing, I was bored also.

Plus, neither fighter went for the finish at any time during the fight...

I think you're forgetting the standing/flying arm triangle.

Pretty much, when I saw "the wild looking dude with the green hair" I remembered him vaguely, and by the time he made it to the cage, I remembered that I was gonna be bored. Minus the vertical love-scene part.
If he could've pulled that move off, I would've been truly impressed.

This, and they landed 3 punch combos that didn't faze, each other 135 is too small for anything other than a horse jockey

Idiots all over. Horiguchi's three previous UFC fights: two TKO's and a dominant decision with a knockdown. And they are 125.

Pretty much, if I'm being honest.

I appreciate technique and skill as much as the next guy, but in the fight game, I just can't get too excited over guys that could get crushed by some can just 2 or 3 weights up.

So you don't like LW, WW and MW either?

Yes, this was the most boring Horiguchi fight I've seen, but I think it has more to do with him being a counter striker and Gaudinot having nothing to offer to him. It was lopsided without getting to be a beatdown, because of the styles.

Idiots all over. Horiguchi's three previous UFC fights: two TKO's and a dominant decision with a knockdown. And they are 125.
...and that one decision looked like this:

horiguchimontaguecollapse.gif

Clearly no damage was done.

i really liked this fight,Horiguchi is really good. Its a strange thing to see little guys seemingly jump 20 feet foward and back as a feeling out process,but when horiguchi got going he was a beauty to watch,i havent enjoyed a fight at this weight as much as i enjoyed watching him,to be honest.

Back