Elections Why no complaints about Harris' obvious lie?

I'm not following this thread or this story but snopes is straight up propaganda. Take this from the minister of propaganda relations.
I reference snopes because that's the link in the OP.

The OP even quotes from the snopes article while stating the complete opposite of what it is saying.

my point and interpretation is that school were already integrated - not at their magic number of 40%, but they were integrated none the less.

And Harris didn't say she was part of the second class of busing, but the second class to integrate the school.
It's not about a magic number. By 68 they had clearly worked it out such that a large number of kids were being transported to the school such that white and black kids were sharing classes, and in 63 they obviously hadn't.

I'll admit that I misread you earlier, but that's because it's absurd to me that you'd argue 2.5% represents integration of black kids at the school. Like, I'd think it's obvious why people would view that number as suggesting the opposite is true, which is clearly what Snopes is saying.

I mean, in statistics a value less than 5% is considered unusual. Depending on how you want to quibble over this, I can argue that it was mathematically unusual to find a black kid at that school in 1963, and that statement certainly contradicts the idea that the school was integrated.

Last edited:
Its weird that all these righties are getting upset about someone lying...

Trump does it and it's no big deal. Anyone want to explain this to me?

Hopefully Harris doesn't win. She's still in third place behind Sanders and Warren. Sanders is still in second place but not by much.

She is definitely near the top of my list right now. Imagine her prosecuting Trump on a debate stage? All eloquent and class while Trump sits with his head down like a 13 year who just got busted for sneaking out of the house. She is 20 iq points higher than him and it would be hilarious to watch him flounder all around.

Integrated.
dapd10n-3e2ce7ff-9821-4a55-843f-611be803e7d3.png

She is definitely near the top of my list right now. Imagine her prosecuting Trump on a debate stage? All eloquent and class while Trump sits with his head down like a 13 year who just got busted for sneaking out of the house. She is 20 iq points higher than him and it would be hilarious to watch him flounder all around.
Hillary beat him in the debates too. Didnt matter.

She gets the same treatment that Michelle got and if you insult them you're called a racist sexist

Apparently her area of California was in the middle somewhere, not fully legally segregated but obviously not integrated. It was segregated enough due to housing discrimination that they had to bus students from different neighborhoods in order to have an interracial school.
By the definition of "segregated" you're using, most US school districts in 2019 are segregated. It's pretty important to distinguish between de facto and de jure segregation.

A professional prosecutor did not distinguish between de jure/de facto segregation in a race-based attack on an anti-segregationist who is beating her badly in the polls and has a lock on the voters she needs. She painted herself as someone who would not have been able to attend a white school if not for busing, even though she came from a privileged background. She criticized the anti-segregationist for opposing a policy that she does not even support, and there is no evidence she ever supported it.

She implied strongly that Brown v BOE was somehow connected to her school's "integration" experience in a state that never had de jure segregation! We have to call a spade a spade here. It was an irresponsible attack whose success depended on deceiving the audience into believing that both Biden's and Harris's backgrounds were something they weren't.

Harris doesn't have any name recognition, and she isn't polished enough to get the obama treatment and rise like a shooting star.

One of these days people will admit that it is unlikely that the human gaffe machine named Biden has staying power, and no one else has name recognition other than Bernie and Warren.

I will say it again. The only real threat here to Bernie and Warren is mayor Pete.
I highly doubt Buttigieg can become a real challenge to Bernie and Warren. As polished as he is at platitudes, he isn't even at 5% in the poll averages.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e..._democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html

Seems like Biden, Bernie, Warren and Harris for now. I don't think that Biden can keep it up through the primaries either. Notice how he's reverted to his strategy of being quiet again as to not put his foot in his mouth. The next few debates will hopefully sink him for good.

It's not about a magic number. By 68 they had clearly worked it out such that a large number of kids were being transported to the school such that white and black kids were sharing classes, and in 63 they obviously hadn't.

I'll admit that I misread you earlier, but that's because it's absurd to me that you'd argue 2.5% represents integration of black kids at the school. Like, I'd think it's obvious why people would view that number as suggesting the opposite is true, which is clearly what Snopes is saying.

I mean, in statistics a value less than 5% is considered unusual. Depending on how you want to quibble over this, I can argue that it was mathematically unusual to find a black kid at that school in 1963, and that statement certainly contradicts the idea that the school was integrated.

The issue is that schools were either segregated or integrated - ie blacks weren't denied access to "white"(?) schools.

If I happen to live in an area that has a 2% minority population, you don't get to claim my schools are segregated.

Why is TS lying about what she claimed. It wasn't a blanket claim about integration, it was specifically about the federal busing program which biden opposed.

She was the 2nd class to be BUSED to school for integration purposes.

There weren't any legally segregated schools in CA by the mid 1960's but there was massive segregation due to where people lived. Still is.

The issue is that schools were either segregated or integrated - ie blacks weren't denied access to "white"(?) schools.

If I happen to live in an area that has a 2% minority population, you don't get to claim my schools are segregated.
That's certainly how your trying to paint it, but I don't agree. What's the point of striking down separate but equal only to have schools be integrated in name only? At best it pays lip service to the idea without actually putting it into practice.

Bottom line, she was in the second class to experience an atmosphere where black and white students had to sit and learn side by side to one another. I find that to be clearly more important than whether or not the population is all or nothing when it comes to white students.

By your logic, we should all be okay with referring to Elizabeth Warren as a Native American. I mean, she either is or she isn't, right?

For those in the dark, Kamala Harris (born in '64) scored major points by telling a personal story of being in only the second integrated class at her elementary school.

Snopes (lol, I know) tried to claim this as true, but inadvertently proved she lied:
  1. According to data published by the school district, in 1963Negro” students comprised only 2.5% percent of the student body at Thousand Oaks Elementary School, while “Caucasian” students comprised 95.1% of the student body. Due to the district’s integration efforts, by 1969 those figures had shifted to 40.2% and 53.4%, respectively.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kamala-harris-berkeley-busing/

There are published public records, so why isnt she being called out on this? And considering Romney; and to a smaller degree Trump being called out durring debates, should she be?

I think your complaint with what she said is largely semantics, she was mostly accurate with her statement. I was born in the same year as her and she and I were actually classmates in elementary school so we were part of the same bussing program. We were one of the first years to participate in the mandatory bussing program. Although the schools were integrated prior to this there was very little diversity.

I'm not a fan of Qumala, but has her claim actually been disproven?

IMO, if she was actually bussed at any point in her public education, then her claim is true. Whether she was technically part of the first or second class, or fourth or fifth grade, is immaterial.

She would definitely be the best debater of the current crop of Democratic candidates. That said, I think she will make Trump look great. I'd love to see her on that stage.

That's certainly how your trying to paint it, but I don't agree. What's the point of striking down separate but equal only to have schools be integrated in name only? At best it pays lip service to the idea without actually putting it into practice.

Bottom line, she was in the second class to experience an atmosphere where black and white students had to sit and learn side by side to one another. I find that to be clearly more important than whether or not the population is all or nothing when it comes to white students.

By your logic, we should all be okay with referring to Elizabeth Warren as a Native American. I mean, she either is or she isn't, right?

No; black and white kids sat side by side and learned together in her elementary school before she was ever born.

And WTF, my great great grandmother is NA and I'd never consider myself, much less Warren to be NA.

I'm not a fan of Qumala, but has her claim actually been disproven?

IMO, if she was actually bussed at any point in her public education, then her claim is true. Whether she was technically part of the first or second class, or fourth or fifth grade, is immaterial.
  • She implied strongly that Brown v BOE was somehow connected to her school's "integration" experience in a state that never had de jure segregation.
  • She criticized Biden (an anti-segregationist) for opposing a policy (federal busing) that she does not even support, and there is no evidence she ever supported it.
  • She gave the impression that she would not have been able to attend a good-quality, mostly white school if not for busing, even though she came from a privileged background with much higher household income than the average white family.
It was an irresponsible attack whose success depended on deceiving the audience into believing that both Biden's and Harris's backgrounds were something they weren't.

I think your complaint with what she said is largely semantics, she was mostly accurate with her statement. I was born in the same year as her and she and I were actually classmates in elementary school so we were part of the same bussing program. We were one of the first years to participate in the mandatory bussing program. Although the schools were integrated prior to this there was very little diversity.

I can appreciate that, but she made it sound like she was 1 of the kids from Mississippi integrating school. I just found it very disingenuous

Back