Elections Why no complaints about Harris' obvious lie?

They're all about as factual in their recounting of early life as Brendan Schaub's stories in his comedy special. Elizabeth Warren's an Indian with racist grandparents, Kamala remembers smoking weed and listening to tupac years before his first album came out, Trump clawed his way to the top, Pete buttiguge's cracker ass dad was told to "go back where he came from", Hillary was named after Edmund Hillary yet was born several years before he climbed Mt. Everest, Ben Carson tried to murder a guy in the ghetto, Sandy Ocasio is Jenny from the block even though she grew up in westchester, Ronda Rousey "lived in her car" because she slept there once on a camping trip, Venus and Serena grew up in Compton coached by their dad, but really at Rick Macci academy in Boca, George Bush is a good 'ol farm boy from Texas. For some reason, they all have to pretend to be a pity case before they can get any respect.

Last edited:
Her public school was integrated in 1968 as part of the full integration of those public schools, and she began busing to school in 1969. That means her claim has enough factual elements that she's being truthful. I do find her comment misleading, because it misled me into thinking that none of her area had integrated schools at the time. It was also off the cuff in a heated debate moment, and some allowance should be given for that. Overall I'd say she was misleading, but her point in the debate was in no way effected- that Biden's opposition to busing enforcement could have effected her personally. I also don't like the point itself, because it was a bit of a cheap shot. There's no way I'm pegging her as a liar on this one, though. We'll see how she does with future claims.

Northern schools were not segregated by laws like Jim Crow but they were segregated by policies like redlining.

So "white" schools had few black students like you said.
So...the same as today. So why did Harris imply that she would have supported busing in CA back then if she doesn't support busing now?

Why did she mention Brown v BOE in her answer if her state never had legal segregation of public schools?

The school was segregated as a result of housing segregation. After WW2, the blacks were sectioned off in specific low income areas with poor conditions.

https://www.berkeleyside.com/2018/09/20/redlining-the-history-of-berkeleys-segregated-neighborhoods

In 1968, a huge resolution was passed in order to “fully integrate” the schools by bussing students from these areas to the white area and vice versa. That is what the school system referred to as full integration. 1968 is the year they officially called themselves integrated, and they celebrated 50 years of integration in 2018. Harris began school one year after that bussing program started.

then schools weren't segregated and Cali is ignorant of what integrated means.

I'd assumed they weren't busing in like 10 kids, but I guess I might be wrong. Their interpretation of that point is very different from yours.

my point and interpretation is that school were already integrated - not at their magic number of 40%, but they were integrated none the less.

And Harris didn't say she was part of the second class of busing, but the second class to integrate the school.

They're all about as factual in their recounting of early life as Brendan Schaub's stories in his comedy special. Elizabeth Warren's and Indian with racist grandparents, Kamala remembers smoking weed and listening to tupac years before his first album came out, Trump clawed his way to the top, Pete buttiguge's cracker ass dad was told to "go back where he came from", Hillary was named after Edmund Hillary yet was born several years before he climbed Mt. Everest, Ben Carson tried to murder a guy in the ghetto, Sandy Ocasio is Jenny from the block even though she grew up in westchester, Ronda Rousey "lived in her car" because she slept there once on a camping trip, Venus and Serena grew up in Compton coached by their dad, but really at Rick Macci academy in Boca, George Bush is a good 'ol farm boy from Texas. For some reason, they all have to pretend to be a pity case before they can get any respect.
It's because we live in this world where having privilege is bad. Regardless of the source of it. If you are born to a middle-middle class (god forbid upper middle class) family then you are inherently privileged and any accomplishment you make is expected of you.

You hear this all the time on this board in different ways. They will say that someone who makes 1 million dollars from scratch is more impressive than someone that turned a 1 million dollar inheritance into 10 million. There is this constant need to assign virtue to those who lack privilege. If anything the virtue to a rich kid's success should be assigned to his parents for taking care of them and doing the right things in life not just blowing it all on vacations and cocaine. Instead that virtue just disappears into the ether.

For real though, it's hard to take people's criticism seriously when people are so desperate to discredit her that this is what they pick to make a thread about.

I don't care to discredit her, I find it funny that she can use a lie to climb the polls and the media allows her to do it - juxtaposed to Romney's "no, he said terrorism" and Trump's "no it wasn't".

Although its only fitting that it came against Mr. "I heard he drank his lunch" Biden.

then schools weren't segregated and Cali is ignorant of what integrated means.

I can see why you’d make that argument. When people hear the word they immediately think of full segregation and Jim Crow. Apparently her area of California was in the middle somewhere, not fully legally segregated but obviously not integrated. It was segregated enough due to housing discrimination that they had to bus students from different neighborhoods in order to have an interracial school.

But what she said was absolutely factually accurate and fully supported by every a piece of information available. It just did not mean exactly what some people may have thought it meant.

It's early.

Her bullshit pandering will eventually catch up with her. Her bump for a soundbite, did her no favors. Now she's gonna keep upping the ante. She's gonna fuck herself.
I agree with this. her base likes this and eats it up. But once people look into it and call her out she'll realize she's written checks she can't cash

I don't care to discredit her, I find it funny that she can use a lie to climb the polls and the media allows her to do it - juxtaposed to Romney's "no, he said terrorism" and Trump's "no it wasn't".

Although its only fitting that it came against Mr. "I heard he drank his lunch" Biden.
But it's not a lie, you just look stupid arguing semantics.

Serves little purpose to attack her on it this early on. No Democratic candidate is going to win on attacking her on the point. It would play in the general. Smartest thing for a Democratic candidate to do, is not engage on the issue at all. We will see.

Then why did the school celebrate 50 years of integration in 2018 instead of 2013?

They celebrated FULL integration.

Integrated means that white and black (probably Hispanic as well) attend the same school - for the 5th time 2%+ of the student populous was already black in 1963

I look for Biden to go deep in her these next debates....big willie style

Wait...did no one read the snopes link?

It says that she was telling the truth.

For those in the dark, Kamala Harris (born in '64) scored major points by telling a personal story of being in only the second integrated class at her elementary school.

Snopes (lol, I know) tried to claim this as true, but inadvertently proved she lied:
  1. According to data published by the school district, in 1963Negro” students comprised only 2.5% percent of the student body at Thousand Oaks Elementary School, while “Caucasian” students comprised 95.1% of the student body. Due to the district’s integration efforts, by 1969 those figures had shifted to 40.2% and 53.4%, respectively.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kamala-harris-berkeley-busing/

There are published public records, so why isnt she being called out on this? And considering Romney; and to a smaller degree Trump being called out durring debates, should she be?

All politicians lie...

She didn't lie

If she did lie she is still better than the alternative

Am I doing this right?

Hopefully Harris doesn't win. She's still in third place behind Sanders and Warren. Sanders is still in second place but not by much.

Wait...did no one read the snopes link?

It says that she was telling the truth.
I'm not following this thread or this story but snopes is straight up propaganda. Take this from the minister of propaganda relations.

Back