Elections Why no complaints about Harris' obvious lie?

Why is TS lying about what she claimed. It wasn't a blanket claim about integration, it was specifically about the federal busing program which biden opposed.

She was the 2nd class to be BUSED to school for integration purposes.

There weren't any legally segregated schools in CA by the mid 1960's but there was massive segregation due to where people lived. Still is.

You want to show me what I lied about? :

- "And there was a little girl in California who was part of the second class to integrate her public schools and she was bused to school every day, and that little girl was me,"

-"I was part of the second class to integrate Berkeley California public schools almost two decades after Brown v. Board of Education."

And it's good form to tag someone you're calling a liar.

Btw even the Sacramento Bee wrote:

Harris was indeed among the second class of students at Thousand Oaks Elementary School to participate in a fully integrated busing program, but she was far from the first black child to attend that school. Worse for her debate claims, other schools in the Berkeley Unified School District had been fully integrated long before she went to that school.

She is definitely near the top of my list right now. Imagine her prosecuting Trump on a debate stage? All eloquent and class while Trump sits with his head down like a 13 year who just got busted for sneaking out of the house. She is 20 iq points higher than him and it would be hilarious to watch him flounder all around.
Kind of like hilary?

I can appreciate that, but she made it sound like she was 1 of the kids from Mississippi integrating school. I just found it very disingenuous

At the time it felt like a bigger deal than it sounds now. The mandatory bussing program that began in '68 was not universally appreciated. It meant that although you might live down the street from the school, you were required to be bussed to another school, often across town. So, instead of going to the school my mom, uncles and grandfather went to I was bussed to one miles away.

I never saw any protests while I was at school but I know plenty people complained about the program. When we reflect back on our school days my friends and I agree that it was largely an unsupervised social experiment. Try being around junior high age at a public school when the miniseries Roots came out. Much of what I experienced the years I was bussed was negative but there certainly was an integrated student body in Berkeley. If I remember correctly the years I graduated HS the school was 56% AA.

The Berkeley schools were always integrated, I remember looking through my grandfather Berkeley High School yearbook from like 1928-ish and seeing minorities.

For those in the dark, Kamala Harris (born in '64) scored major points by telling a personal story of being in only the second integrated class at her elementary school.

Snopes (lol, I know) tried to claim this as true, but inadvertently proved she lied:
  1. According to data published by the school district, in 1963Negro” students comprised only 2.5% percent of the student body at Thousand Oaks Elementary School, while “Caucasian” students comprised 95.1% of the student body. Due to the district’s integration efforts, by 1969 those figures had shifted to 40.2% and 53.4%, respectively.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kamala-harris-berkeley-busing/

There are published public records, so why isnt she being called out on this? And considering Romney; and to a smaller degree Trump being called out durring debates, should she be?

She likely wasn't lying. Segregation didn't die the day the Civil Rights Act passed. You need to still sue once somethings illegal, after Brown school desegregation was stalled for decades, it's not like the South was just like "ok". Much of the country is still practically segregated or almost segregated the difference is no one is really enforcing it anymore but it's still there and nothing crazy about Harris's claim at all.

And I ain't a Harris fan think she's pro slavery off of her comments on not wanting to free people in jail for fake crimes cause the prisons needed laborers.

For those in the dark, Kamala Harris (born in '64) scored major points by telling a personal story of being in only the second integrated class at her elementary school.

Snopes (lol, I know) tried to claim this as true, but inadvertently proved she lied:
  1. According to data published by the school district, in 1963Negro” students comprised only 2.5% percent of the student body at Thousand Oaks Elementary School, while “Caucasian” students comprised 95.1% of the student body. Due to the district’s integration efforts, by 1969 those figures had shifted to 40.2% and 53.4%, respectively.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kamala-harris-berkeley-busing/

There are published public records, so why isnt she being called out on this? And considering Romney; and to a smaller degree Trump being called out durring debates, should she be?

Lol Snopes is such a joke.

It's early.

Her bullshit pandering will eventually catch up with her. Her bump for a soundbite, did her no favors. Now she's gonna keep upping the ante. She's gonna fuck herself.

When do you think it will catch up with her? Before the democrats make her the nominee? Because the thing is, she’s pretty much unassailable in the hierarchy of intersectionalism. The other Dems may politely agree to disagree with her assessments, meanwhile she’s dropping nuclear bombs of “wokeness” on their milquetoast asses.

When do you think it will catch up with her? Before the democrats make her the nominee?

Yes.

She won't be the nominee. She'll be a radical screaming to the heavens why her skin color was the reason she's not the nominee when Joe Biden is cleaning house, ultimately killing his chances to beat Trump.

• She implied strongly that Brown v BOE was somehow connected to her school's "integration" experience in a state that never had de jure segregation.
  • She criticized Biden (an anti-segregationist) for opposing a policy (federal busing) that she does not even support, and there is no evidence she ever supported it.
  • She gave the impression that she would not have been able to attend a good-quality, mostly white school if not for busing, even though she came from a privileged background with much higher household income than the average white family.
It was an irresponsible attack whose success depended on deceiving the audience into believing that both Biden's and Harris's backgrounds were something they weren't.

I guess you can say she was misleading in that regard. But did she "lie?" IDK, looks like her statement was true enough. She did get bused around. To be clear, I think the whole "that little girl was me" line was dirty. I just don't think this line of criticism will persuade anyone who doesn't already think she's full of shit.

Yes.

She won't be the nominee. She'll be a radical screaming to the heavens why her skin color was the reason she's not the nominee when Joe Biden is cleaning house, ultimately killing his chances to beat Trump.

God I hope Joe Biden is the nominee.
Sadly, I do believe Quamala will end up winning the primaries.

God I hope Joe Biden is the nominee.

I don't. He's the only one who can challenge Trump.

Sadly, I do believe Quamala will end up winning the primaries.

She'll barely be a footnote. When shit gets real, she'll be on the sidelines(likely bitching as to why she's on the sidelines).

Mark my words. She doesn't have a prayer.

I don't. He's the only one who can challenge Trump.

Wow, you really think so? I thought that about a year ago, but now that he's started campaigning I am reminded of how inept he really is. Seems like the only time his polls go up is when he's not speaking or making public appearances.
He is fucking retard.

She'll barely be a footnote. When shit gets real, she'll be on the sidelines(likely bitching as to why she's on the sidelines).

Mark my words. She doesn't have a prayer.

I hope so. But from what I've seen, she is a much better campaigner than Biden. She is also the only minority in the top tier of Democratic candidates. In a party so fixated on race / identity, that's a helluva advantage. That why she's currently leading in CA, and is probably leading in other states with disproportionately high minority populations.

We'll see what happens though. It's still pretty early in the season. Plenty of time for some early "October surprises" LOL.

She likely wasn't lying. Segregation didn't die the day the Civil Rights Act passed. You need to still sue once somethings illegal, after Brown school desegregation was stalled for decades, it's not like the South was just like "ok". Much of the country is still practically segregated or almost segregated the difference is no one is really enforcing it anymore but it's still there and nothing crazy about Harris's claim at all.

And I ain't a Harris fan think she's pro slavery off of her comments on not wanting to free people in jail for fake crimes cause the prisons needed laborers.
Were any California public schools at any time in history ever segregated by law?

No; black and white kids sat side by side and learned together in her elementary school before she was ever born.

And WTF, my great great grandmother is NA and I'd never consider myself, much less Warren to be NA.
Not at her elementary school they didn't. A handful of kids in a handful of rooms isn't the same atmosphere as a near even split between populations. Claiming otherwise is simply disingenuous.

Your argument is that 2.5% of students being black constitutes an integrated school. As in we can't describe the population as white only. Well, if it's not white only then it's mixed, and most people who claim a certain ancestry aren't 100% whatever background they're claiming. Would you allow someone who is 50% Cherokee to claim himself as Native American? I'm assuming you would, so what's the difference in your mind between someone who is 50% Cherokee and someone who is less than 1% Native American?

Can you make a distinction between someone who is 50% Native American and Elizabeth Warren without comparing numbers? I doubt it, and that's why I think your definition of integration here is specious.

At the time it felt like a bigger deal than it sounds now. The mandatory bussing program that began in '68 was not universally appreciated. It meant that although you might live down the street from the school, you were required to be bussed to another school, often across town. So, instead of going to the school my mom, uncles and grandfather went to I was bussed to one miles away.

I never saw any protests while I was at school but I know plenty people complained about the program. When we reflect back on our school days my friends and I agree that it was largely an unsupervised social experiment. Try being around junior high age at a public school when the miniseries Roots came out. Much of what I experienced the years I was bussed was negative but there certainly was an integrated student body in Berkeley.
That sounds horrific. It also seems to have failed as blacks didn't succeed academically or economically in the long run.
There was any way around it?

I get all that, but she wasn't in the south and blacks were going to her elementary school before she was even born. And no one sued Cali, IIRC

At best she overstated/embellished; at worst she straight up lied to score political points. I'll agree that its probably somewhere in the middle, but the way she pivoted to busing it was obviously calculated so I tend to lean toward the purposely lied.

Not at her elementary school they didn't. A handful of kids in a handful of rooms isn't the same atmosphere as a near even split between populations. Claiming otherwise is simply disingenuous.

Your argument is that 2.5% of students being black constitutes an integrated school. As in we can't describe the population as white only. Well, if it's not white only then it's mixed, and most people who claim a certain ancestry aren't 100% whatever background they're claiming. Would you allow someone who is 50% Cherokee to claim himself as Native American? I'm assuming you would, so what's the difference in your mind between someone who is 50% Cherokee and someone who is less than 1% Native American?

Can you make a distinction between someone who is 50% Native American and Elizabeth Warren without comparing numbers? I doubt it, and that's why I think your definition of integration here is specious.

Maybe you can't grasp this, but segregated means blacks/minorities weren't allowed. They clearly were allowed at her elementary school well before she was born.

I don't even know what to make of the rest of your statement. If the area I live in has 3% minorities and they go to the same school as the 97% majority population then the school is integrated,

That sounds horrific. It also seems to have failed as blacks didn't succeed academically or economically in the long run.
There was any way around it?

Not sure how you can draw conclusions on the mandatory busing program, do you have specific information regarding the life trajectory of the blacks that were bused?

I suspect the programs greatest impact was forcing people of different races to be together which promoted understanding and tolerance. Judging by how well rounded and openminded my friends are I would say the program was very successful.

Not sure how you can draw conclusions on the mandatory busing program, do you have specific information regarding the life trajectory of the blacks that were bused?

I suspect the programs greatest impact was forcing people of different races to be together which promoted understanding and tolerance. Judging by how well rounded and openminded my friends are I would say the program was very successful.
No, I have general data that shows that black/white economic disparity didn't change from the 60s to now.
20180707_USC957.png

Maybe they should have bussed more people.
It's great you're now open minded.

No, I have general data that shows that black/white economic disparity didn't change from the 60s to now.
20180707_USC957.png

Maybe they should have bussed more people.
It's great you're now open minded.

Obviously not specific at all to the busing program in Berkeley which was unique in it's day. Perhaps there are other factors affecting their success than busing in Berkeley. That being said I would guess the kids coming out of the Berkeley public schools in my day and now did/do much better than the national average.

No question there is a racial wage gap but I don't find it too surprising given the history in the US. Part of any success I have had and my kids have had has been based on the foundation laid by past generations in my family. It would have been far more difficult had I not had this advantage.

I get all that, but she wasn't in the south and blacks were going to her elementary school before she was even born. And no one sued Cali, IIRC

At best she overstated/embellished; at worst she straight up lied to score political points. I'll agree that its probably somewhere in the middle, but the way she pivoted to busing it was obviously calculated so I tend to lean toward the purposely lied.

Well segregation was and is all over the country. The difference in the South there were direct obstacles to entry. Everywhere else blacks could theoretically go to white schools but many schools just didn't get integrated. While today I don't think there's many "first ever of the school" situations lots of places where schools are basically segregated. No one's forcing that way there's usually a few white kids at the black school and a few black kids at the white school but it's not such a fantastic idea. Now if she was saying she was blocked entry that's one thing but all that requires her story to be true is no blacks to have went to that school. Totally possible, possibly still happening at certain places in the country.

Back