Elections Why no complaints about Harris' obvious lie?

PainIsLIfe

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
For those in the dark, Kamala Harris (born in '64) scored major points by telling a personal story of being in only the second integrated class at her elementary school.

Snopes (lol, I know) tried to claim this as true, but inadvertently proved she lied:
  1. According to data published by the school district, in 1963Negro” students comprised only 2.5% percent of the student body at Thousand Oaks Elementary School, while “Caucasian” students comprised 95.1% of the student body. Due to the district’s integration efforts, by 1969 those figures had shifted to 40.2% and 53.4%, respectively.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kamala-harris-berkeley-busing/

There are published public records, so why isnt she being called out on this? And considering Romney; and to a smaller degree Trump being called out durring debates, should she be?

The media protects democrats and attacks conservatives.

The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

For those in the dark, Kamala Harris (born in '64) scored major points by telling a personal story of being in only the second integrated class at her elementary school.

The joke is on you. Kamala was an exceptionally gifted child. And already in the 5th grade by the age of 4.

It's early.

Her bullshit pandering will eventually catch up with her. Her bump for a soundbite, did her no favors. Now she's gonna keep upping the ante. She's gonna fuck herself.

All the information is here.

Harris was born in 1964, and Berkeley Public Schools didn’t fully integrate until 1968, meaning Harris was still a grade school-aged child when the district was in its early years of ending “de facto segregation” by using buses to transport children, according to contemporaneous news reports. Harris entered the Berkeley public school system in 1969, when she began taking a bus to Thousand Oaks Elementary School in an affluent, predominantly white area.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kamala-harris-berkeley-busing/
This year marks the anniversary of a landmark achievement for the Berkeley Unified School District and for racial equity in education nationwide. It was 50 years ago, in 1968, that Berkeley made headlines for its pioneering busing plan to fully integrate the city’s public schools.
https://www.berkeleyschools.net/201...ioneering-busing-plan-for-school-integration/

Last edited:
Are obvious lies a problem now? Feel like that has changed.

Are obvious lies a problem now? Feel like that has changed.

The idea is the media attacks trump for lies. They protect democrats and their lies.

That’s all he is saying.

Obvious lies stopped being a problem after bill Clinton. Let’s remind the press of that.

When I read the same info from the article in the OP I felt pretty confused.

Edit: I guess my browser is being weird or something. This is a reply to post #8.

Harris criticized Biden for opposing federally mandated busing in the 1970s, saying it was "hurtful".

Harris herself doesn't even support federally mandated busing.

Harris even mentioned Brown v BOE (1954) in her emotional answer. Guess what? Brown had nothing to do with California schools, which have never been segregated by law.

@Jack V Savage

Let's see you defend that steaming pile of deceit.

When I read the same info from the article in the OP I felt pretty confused.

Edit: I guess my browser is being weird or something. This is a reply to post #8.

Yeah, I had to switch from my phone to my computer to add links to my post. Something is going wrong.

But her story is accurate, and supported by the school system. I posted the links. I'm not sure what the OP missed, it's all in his own link. I think he was using the first year they allowed black students, as opposed to the first year they were considered fully integrated.

They were fully integrated in 1968, and celebrated their 50th year of integration in 2018. The link is posted. She started in 1969.

There is plenty to criticize about her, but this is not one of those things.

She looks pretty good for being 54. Compare her to Gabbard at 38.

Harris criticized Biden for opposing federally mandated busing in the 1970s, saying it was "hurtful".

Harris herself doesn't even support federally mandated busing.

Harris even mentioned Brown v BOE (1954) in her emotional answer. Guess what? Brown had nothing to do with California schools, which have never been segregated by law.

@Jack V Savage

Let's see you defend that steaming pile of deceit.

Why are you tagging me? I don't agree with her there and don't generally support her primary candidacy.

I am really not sure where the lie is coming from here.

Plenty of legitimate things to criticize her over without making stuff up

She looks pretty good for being 54. Compare her to Gabbard at 38.

I agree. Ol' Willie Brown got his money's worth back in the day, I bet. But they're both political clowns. Gabbard is not ugly, but Harris is a better looking woman IMO. Are we even allowed to say that nowadays? I mean I am, I allow myself. But I'm sure that's frowned upon. Like the American flag...

Kamala Harris is a cop

That's the only thing that should be noted about her

Harris doesn't have any name recognition, and she isn't polished enough to get the obama treatment and rise like a shooting star.

One of these days people will admit that it is unlikely that the human gaffe machine named Biden has staying power, and no one else has name recognition other than Bernie and Warren.

I will say it again. The only real threat here to Bernie and Warren is mayor Pete.

Back