Why isn't Junk Food treated like Drugs?

I've never seen a shootout involving junk food.

So everyone should be punished cos you know a few assholes that didnt know how to live healthily?

Now, i mean this sincerely, fuck off fascist.

All I'm saying is, treat this like it's just as serious as alcohol or drug abuse, cause it is. If you think I'm a fascist for that then I really don't know what more to tell your narrow minded self.

Never seen someone Rob their family and friends for a burger - nor do a bump of sugar before going on a shooting spree

Food actually can affect your mental well being just as much as it does your physical. Sad thing is, a lot of this is common knowledge but how many people actually educate themselves on these kind of things?

You guys are now shooting off trivial shit and ignoring the fact that this is a global epidemic. If it goes against what people are comfortable with or you have just been fed bs for far too long to think any other way, I can see how it would be difficult to get past the conditioning.

Because not everyone is a desperate fat piece of shit that can’t control themselves whenever they get around a Big Mac

People don't understand the grip it has on them until they try to stop eating it.

I am a pretty active person, 30's in fairly good shape (5'9 170lbs). Im not someone who has a lot of cravings, I eat fairly sensibly but not very strict due to how active I am.

A few months ago I decided to stop putting sugar in my coffee. I love coffee one my favorite things. Once I stopped putting sugar I stopped enjoying it and had a lot of trouble quitting. I started to realize it was the kick of sugar in it I liked. It opened my eyes and I decided to cut out all carbs/sugars and go Keto because of the grip I found sugar/carbs had on me. Literally went threw carb withdrawal for a week now feel amazing mind is sharper, way more energy and way less swollen. I suggest giving it a try its pretty eye opening.

In many cases it should be treated the same.
Considering the food industry uses sugar in amounts that are addictive in every single product.
They don't add sugar untill a product tastes good, no they add sugar untill they are at a known addictive level.
Pretyy much every single item you buy in a supermarket ( not just fastfoods) has addictive amounts of sugar, because addicts will be back for more and they made pretty much everyone an addict with the ok from our so called leaders.

embrace Keto.

Today I have eaten

200 gram chocolate bar
1 caramel doughnut
1 strawberry and cream doughnut
1 chocolate doughnut
950ml honeycomb ice cream

600grams Southern fried chicken wings
2 chicken kievs
750grams of spiced potato wedges
150grams bag of crisps

The hot food gets dunked in a variety of sauces loaded with sugar

I never feel full and as soon as I get a taste I want more more more

I have just read sugar is 8x more addictive than cocaine.

I am HOOKED

Im not sure about the extreme of keto, banishing a perfectly fine food group.

I think the best idea is to fast for 48 hours and then simply eat foods with 0 sugar. I think carbs are fine, just as long as there are no added sugars

As relates to health effects from consumption, junk food is treated the same as drugs or alcohol. A doctor will give you the same kind of warnings and assistance in fixing your eating habits as he will breaking your addiction to most drugs, short of inpatient therapy (rehab). So, insofar as these things are similar, they’re treated similarly.

The moral component is different, since most people eat junk from time to time, where most people aren’t doing heroin. As a result, there’s much more empathy out there for people who like to eat steaks and French fries.

drugs were only made illegal to discriminate against poor people, black people, and benefit the pharmaceutical industry.

Look, If anything, kids need to be educated on this. I see too many obese kids nowadays and it's disgusting. I have a niece that has to take insulin shots and manage her blood sugar levels at 8....fucking 8, cause she's like 40 pounds overweight now, cause her parents food ignorance. They passed their shitty eating habits on to her.

Humans just need to own up to their own ignorance and hypocrisy.
Yup.. its sickening. Fucking terrible about your niece.

But junt food gives people an instant reward and they will defend that against logic arguments... because they are addicts

I´m the biggest junk food lover in the world but I had to stop an go full clean diet (maybe 1 bad food per week) because I just can´t function properly on a bad diet.

Sadly a lot of people justify they bad habits... too bad they are never going to know how happier you are once you beat your addictions.

why don't you stop being a fascist and worry about your own shit?
Ok.. then you fucking morons stop being fascist and legalize drugs.

You are 100% on it OP

I am in the throws of a food binging crisis, i didnt touch sugar for 3 months while dieting, had some and now im so horrifically gripped by the stuff its unreal. Im eating a jar of nutella every other day, for reference it is essentially sugar and palm oil, they are the two first ingredients, two of the worst things you can ut in your body. One 400gram tub is 2100 calories and contains about 160 grams of sugar at a guess. Im eating that on top of a days worth of bad eating

I cant stop myself lol Its so messed up, i can stop the nutella but i simply replace it with other chocolate or icecream or sugar laden foods.

I am really addicted and i cant kick it just yet. I tried, managed three days and then binged. I dont fully want to quit tbh, the food is just too good and its giving me too much happiness, i know its so so bad for me though

How about you get some fucking self control.?

How about you get some fucking self control.?

Im on drugs bro

8x more addictive than cocaine

Imagine you can buy cocaine for $2 a pack and you can pop to the store over the road to collect it, 100% purity, and i said im addicted to coke...... you would sympathise with the struggle

Slightly tongue in cheek ofc but the 8x more addictive than coke is true

I had perfect self control up until 3 weeks ago, dieted down, veins on abs, then had my first bit of sugar in months and now im DEEP in the eating game

I dont even want to stop, the dopamine release i get from eating is crayyyyyyyyyy

I do want to stop at the same time for my physiques sake, but obviously it isnt enough

Im on drugs bro

8x more addictive than cocaine

Imagine you can buy cocaine for $2 a pack and you can pop to the store over the road to collect it, 100% purity, and i said im addicted to coke...... you would sympathise with the struggle

Slightly tongue in cheek ofc but the 8x more addictive than coke is true

I had perfect self control up until 3 weeks ago, dieted down, veins on abs, then had my first bit of sugar in months and now im DEEP in the eating game

I dont even want to stop, the dopamine release i get from eating is crayyyyyyyyyy

I do want to stop at the same time for my physiques sake, but obviously it isnt enough

I mean, ok.

Get addicted to running or something. Good luck with that

On the brighter side... USA will not have an army in a couple of decades:

I wouldn't say food in general.

Sugar definitely.

Back