Why isn't Junk Food treated like Drugs?

Ezekiel 25:17

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Bad foods in general, but seriously, why don't we look at things like big Macs and chocolate sundaes like we would cocaine and heroin. Sure, the argument is the latter can kill you immediately, but let's be real here. Studies have shown that junk food, sugar primarily is as addictive as any drug out there. It makes you very unhealthy, leading to an array of different issues that can end your life prematurely. It causes people to have to go on expensive medications and treatments, lose functionality, lose limbs, die.

So why are we so accepting of junk food, processed foods, all these chemically induced foods, but get pissed when we see someone smoking?

I've seen more people die of food related issues then I have alcohol, tobbaco or any drug related ones.

You've seen more people die to food than drugs and alcohol? What did they die of?

Food medical complex. Probably not planned that way but both are cool with synergistic business winnings.

Also the drug war is a control mechanism, they dont give a shit about peoples well being on an individual level. It keeps the police and justice system busy and well practiced, das it.

I'm not sure shutting down 3/4 of the restaurant/food industry would go over very well.

Good point.

Read this article

Most policy driven by greedy corporate profit. Read the jungle. Food industry has evolved to be more crafty not better for you.

People enjoy eating simply put and if something is delicious they're going to consume it. Most people want to enjoy their lives and live in the moment without fear of eating that donut

You are 100% on it OP

I am in the throws of a food binging crisis, i didnt touch sugar for 3 months while dieting, had some and now im so horrifically gripped by the stuff its unreal. Im eating a jar of nutella every other day, for reference it is essentially sugar and palm oil, they are the two first ingredients, two of the worst things you can ut in your body. One 400gram tub is 2100 calories and contains about 160 grams of sugar at a guess. Im eating that on top of a days worth of bad eating

I cant stop myself lol Its so messed up, i can stop the nutella but i simply replace it with other chocolate or icecream or sugar laden foods.

I am really addicted and i cant kick it just yet. I tried, managed three days and then binged. I dont fully want to quit tbh, the food is just too good and its giving me too much happiness, i know its so so bad for me though

You've seen more people die to food than drugs and alcohol? What did they die of?

Mainly heart disease,diabetes and cancers which were traced to poor dietary habits/processes junk. Most of my peers and elders who died of these kind of issues rarely drank, some didn't, and never took drugs, they just had shitty eating habits. What do you guys think eating junk does to your insides?

People enjoy eating simply put and if something is delicious they're going to consume it. Most people want to enjoy their lives and live in the moment without fear of eating that donut

Well people enjoy drinking lots doing drugs too, but people have no problem condemning that.

Look, If anything, kids need to be educated on this. I see too many obese kids nowadays and it's disgusting. I have a niece that has to take insulin shots and manage her blood sugar levels at 8....fucking 8, cause she's like 40 pounds overweight now, cause her parents food ignorance. They passed their shitty eating habits on to her.

Humans just need to own up to their own ignorance and hypocrisy.

I’ve never sucked dick for a Big Mac.

It’s all about education dawgy

Bad foods in general, but seriously, why don't we look at things like big Macs and chocolate sundaes like we would cocaine and heroin. Sure, the argument is the latter can kill you immediately, but let's be real here. Studies have shown that junk food, sugar primarily is as addictive as any drug out there. It makes you very unhealthy, leading to an array of different issues that can end your life prematurely. It causes people to have to go on expensive medications and treatments, lose functionality, lose limbs, die.

So why are we so accepting of junk food, processed foods, all these chemically induced foods, but get pissed when we see someone smoking?

I've seen more people die of food related issues then I have alcohol, tobbaco or any drug related ones.

why don't you stop being a fascist and worry about your own shit?

PS burgers and ice cream are food and drugs are not <-- so we treat junk food like it is food because it is food and we don't treat junk food like it is drugs because it is not drugs no matter what some fucking potato counter says

I've personally experienced some devastating consequences from the ketchup game but nothing close to the carnage produced by the fatal pots epidemic

People should only be allowed to consume water and green vegetables........everything else should be banned.

Mainly heart disease,diabetes and cancers which were traced to poor dietary habits/processes junk. Most of my peers and elders who died of these kind of issues rarely drank, some didn't, and never took drugs, they just had shitty eating habits. What do you guys think eating junk does to your insides?

It's nothing compared to drugs... not even close.

why don't you stop being a fascist and worry about your own shit?

PS burgers and ice cream are food and drugs are not <-- so we treat junk food like it is food because it is food and we don't treat junk food like it is drugs because it is not drugs no matter what some fucking potato counter says

Sure. Stay in your uneducated bubble, son.

It's nothing compared to drugs... not even close.

You have absolutely no clue then. Go read some books, do some research, talk to people who know, not people who are your friends who don't know.

I always find it ludicrous that tobacco and alcohol are taxed so heavily but fast food isn't. They can all kill you but fast food is as bad if not worse than the other two.

Back