Why isn't Holly Holm better?

Seemed like she was caught unprepared fighting such a good striker. With her background she probably took for granted that she would have an advantage on the feet and focused her training elsewhere. Also the Thai style seemed to confuse her a little.

She's also a little old, she's probably past her athletic prime

Womens MMA is in it's infancy. Holly Holm is still a novice to MMA.

Megumi Fujii was the WMMA GOAT. Retired 26-3, should have been 28-0 (2 huge robberies, 1 cut).

The game is evolving everyday. Being really good at one thing, or even a couple will only get you so far. Today you need it all to dominate. And styles still make fights.

And she's not getting any younger.

I'm a fan of Holly and always will be. But Father Time is still undefeated.

tbf, Winklejohn trained her the whole time, it'd make sense for her to cross over and be more centered on kicks as that seems to be more Winklejohn's style

True but youd think shed still be able to be make a significant impact with her boxing but she was getting boxed competitively by Pennington of all ppl lol

She was world champ and beat the women's g.o.a.t.

I'd say a big factor is her camp. Jackson/wink fighters fight safe often and her style will leave room for other fighters to go out and beat her.

She's too nice. She doesn't have the mean "mess you up" attitude like Jones choking Lyoto and dropping him on his face, making Shogun tap to strikes, dumping Rampage at the bell.

There's a bit of truth in that, Jones is the best example but he's not the only one who bends the rules. Aldo & McGregor both grab fences, Silva was grabbing shorts to stop takedowns & unload on Sonnen, Joanna eye pokes almost as much as Jones, and Valentina was clinching and dumping people in kickboxing events where it was illegal to do so. Many of the best fighters are mean mofos who are happy to bend the rules & hurt their opponents.

She has a point fighter's mentality, which has been working against her lately.

Mother time catches up to all girls. She has alot of combat sports mileage and she's old.

She lacks that killer instinct, she had it when she fought Ronda. Tate took her soul and Bullet took what was left.

She clearly is a very good athlete. She comes from a tremendous athletic and combat sports background. She has a tremendous work ethic, in fact she appears to be a gym rat. Comes from a great camp. What's missing?
Desire.

I personally think one of Holly Holm's Biggest problems is that she tries to fight in MMA the same way as she would in boxing and it doesn't work the same.

She was a world champion in two sports. What more do you want?

Not sure if this is a subtle attempt at discrediting the credentials of Shevschenko, but I'll bite anyway: Holly isn't bad at all, she's still one of the best fighters in the world, she just ran into a superior striker, which is the one area Holm excels in.

Back