Why isn't Holly Holm better?

Holm is a great fighter.. Womens mma is like an avalanche right now, Ronda, Meisha, and Holm are on the wrong end of their careers for whats coming down the line. Now these young women are going to be coming hard chasing the money.. They may as well be known as ambassadors at this point.

Shevchenko is the only person who can strike with her. Nunes has the power to stick with her, but I don't think she holds a candle to Holly's technique.

I'd say Germaine de Randamie could easily strike with Holm. Her footwork and technique is solid and she hits with serious power.

It's all Jackson's fault, his shitty gameplans are being "GAMEPLANNED" by other trainers.
07-greg-jackson-ufc145-work.jpg

Unfortunately for Holly, she is beyond Loyal, I mean if she had to choose, she'd obviously choose Winklejohn, but these two bald idiots are joined at the fucking hip together
Holly_Holm_coach_Mike_Winkeljohn_greg_jackson.jpg

They are destroying our precious Angel Holly Holm.

I'm serious! Just think back to the beginning of 2015, when Jones basically tried to murder ppl with his car, Jackson/Wink has been losing heavily.

Then the call for Holly comes up, the whole fucking gym is working her to the bone, she is Jackson/Winks darling and everyone and everything is sparring with her.

And after? it's been shit Cowboy got his shit pushed in by RDA, everyone from Jackson/Wink on 195 lost. Every Jackson/Wink fighter is doing bad.

Hell even Jon Jones (PED's or not) was shit against OSP, we all saw it, THAT Jones was NOT going to beat DC.

It's cuz these two bald idiots suck now, i can guarantee you by my guesstimates and if someone does it correctly Jackson/Wink has the lowest win percentages of all gyms, cuzz these two bozos are running it into the ground!

The Diaz brothers also get punched in the face a lot and they don't seem to care too much about it, they're happy to take 5 punches in the face as long as they can punch their opponents back 10 times. They have that zero fucks given mentality and I'm not sure you can teach that to someone like Holm who's pretty much allergic to getting hit. It would be nice since Holm seems to have a pretty solid chin so she can definitely afford to take a few more shots than she does to get into range and unload with combos, but trying to undo 20 years of habits and Jackson-Wink training ain't gonna be easy.
Very solid points. It may be impossible for her to change. Jackson-Wink definitely will keep her tentative. It's holding her back

Lacks killer instinct and doesn't take risks. She sticks to a gameplan and is methodical to a fault.

Looked like a lack of confidence in her last fight. Would not engage..

This is partially it. The other is that Holly is coming up on that age where you lose enough of your speed and reflexes to seem like you're having some "off" fights. Then a year or two later you're "suddenly" old and can't fight worth a shit.

I liken this to the two Chael fights for Silva where he managed to win, but didn't look his best and then by the time the Weidman fights came around he got crushed.

Aging sucks for fighters.

She's the Mayweather of UFC, only not quite as talented - She relies too much on being a counterpuncher and letting her opponents come to her and she's rarely willing to take risks and be the aggressor. I think her victory over Ronda was the perfect example of how styles make fights... Ronda and all her sub-par striking came straight forward just like Holly wanted her to and played right into her gameplan.

When she was champion people forgot that she had two very lacklucstet perfomances before Ronda

No power in her hands and no ground game, so I think she just point-fights from long-distance. Still a great person though.

Back