Why isn't anyone acknowledging the BS Tim Boetsch went though against C Phillipou

It got mentioned plenty of times. I don't know what you are talking about

Luck wasn't on Tim's side that night. I'm betting he would win that rematch, but probably won't get one.

This was some straight BS.

headbut was accidental but the eye poke certainly was not.
dont care that Constantinos won .
im always gonna root against him since he is a dirty fighter.
Boetsch won the first round btw and could have won the fight had that not happened.

This was some straight BS.

headbut was accidental but the eye poke certainly was not.
dont care that Constantinos won .
im always gonna root against him since he is a dirty fighter.
Boetsch won the first round btw and could have won the fight had that not happened.

And which proof do you have that the eye poke was on purpose?:rolleyes: There's no sign that philippou is a dirty fighter you're just pissed that the guy you wanted to win had bad luck. Shit happens

And which proof do you have that the eye poke was on purpose?:rolleyes: There's no sign that philippou is a dirty fighter you're just pissed that the guy you wanted to win had bad luck. Shit happens

Have you even seen the fucking fight.?
holy fucking shit. if you dont call that a intentional eye poke i dont know what is.

btw i am far from a tim fan. how he fought lombard made me dislike him but philippou definitly eyepoked him on purpose.

Boestsh was lucky against Okami, Okami was beating his ass and tim got in a lucky punch... Tim also lost versus Lombard but was given a gift.. Tim's luck finally ran out, and hes not that good. Couldnt cut it at LHW and is ok at MW...

Hey kid. The fight was all Tim in the 1st and then the eye poke and cut changed the fight.

We've heard many times what an eye poke can do, even to the best fighters. Hell Tim pulled half guard.

Welcome to sherdog, where every win as officiated by the judges is without question.

I feel sorry for Boetsch but that sort of stuff happens in fights, just like Diaz vs Benson.

Except there was no eye poke or head butt, just pure domination. If he couldnt see after being punched into oblivion thats not hendersons fault, by the way terrible comparison

TimBoetsch_Headshot2012.png

images

If Boetsch didn't look so much like James Hetfield no one would care about him. :D

yea it does kind of suck but these things happen - string of bad luck

i think everyoen was expecting boetsch to lose as he was on a really hot streak, maybe that has something to do with it

Boestsh was lucky against Okami, Okami was beating his ass and tim got in a lucky punch... Tim also lost versus Lombard but was given a gift.. Tim's luck finally ran out, and hes not that good. Couldnt cut it at LHW and is ok at MW...

This is the right post

Have you even seen the fucking fight.?
holy fucking shit. if you dont call that a intentional eye poke i dont know what is.

btw i am far from a tim fan. how he fought lombard made me dislike him but philippou definitly eyepoked him on purpose.

He turned away and extended his arm to create distance that's the same thing Jones, cruz, GSP and many other fighters do. Eye pokes happen alot because of this but he didn't do anything other fighters don't do, Philippou never did anything which makes me believe that he would cheat in a fight there's at least no proof. it sucks for Boetsch and there should be a rematch at some point but it was just bad luck

There has been numerous threads on this "BS" . Not surprising by any means Consta is easily the better fighter.

oh yes...I sense a lot of bitterness in your post

I lol'd when someone in the pbp thread said Costa should get dqd

If Boetsch would have said he couldn't continue then Costa would, or at least should have been DQ'd. The same thing happened to Jones, only his illegal elbow wasn't even the reason Hamill couldn't continue.

If Boetsch would have said he couldn't continue then Costa would, or at least should have been DQ'd. The same thing happened to Jones, only his illegal elbow wasn't even the reason Hamill couldn't continue.

no. intentional illegal blows (ie there is no way that Jones' elbow could be misconstrued as anything but a 12-6 illegal strike) lead to DQs, unintentional stuff like the Boetsch headbutt or eye poke lead to NCs.

Even this is on the assumption that the Jones DQ was actually a good call.

Boetsh was clearly tooling Philipou until he had several issues piling up.
Philipou isn't anywhere near top level and will get demolished in his next fight.

For god sake.

He DIDN'T break his hand.

Headbutts hurt both fighters.

Eye poke was accidental.

Sucks for Boetsch, but to brand Costa as a cheat is just ridiculous.

Headbutts hurt both fighters lol. Maybe initially but it's far more severe to the one whose blood is drawn.

Back