Why isn't anyone acknowledging the BS Tim Boetsch went though against C Phillipou

Headbutts hurt both fighters.

Watch prime Coleman and Kerr....

Now Bart Vale vs Bittonio is an example where they damage Borge fighters., although they damaged Bitonio Much much more.....

Can't help the hand injury. I do think the cut from the head but and the eye poke changed the fight though

This isn't CroCop vs. Kongo. TB gets no excuses. Only CroCop does.

With all due respect to Tim, he quit. Plain as day he gave up before the third round even started.

It was just a series of unfortunate events, it's ridiculous to me that people are calling Costa a dirty fighter. None of what happened in that fight was his fault. The headbutt was accidental, and so was the eyepoke.

Hey kid. The fight was all Tim in the 1st and then the eye poke and cut changed the fight.

We've heard many times what an eye poke can do, even to the best fighters. Hell Tim pulled half guard.

Please, Stop making excuses. Your making this eye poke out to be the worst poke you have ever seen. If his eye was in such bad shape Tim wouldent have taken so little to recover from it. The doctor also looked at Tim for 5 secs and determined Tim sight is OK. You guys are making way to much out of this. Maybe Tim looked like he did because Costa busted and broke his nose. You leave that part out though. The medical reports mention a Broken nose and NO eye injury, so the poke couldent have been as bad as some are suggesting. I just think too many fans look for excuse after excuse when their fighter looses, they try to discredit the other fighters win no matter what.

Last edited:
Owning, is what Cain did in the main event. Seriously, people need to stop over-using this term - Boetsch won a round, and not even emphatically.

The hand wasnt broken. The headbutt was accidental. The eyepoke was an eyepoke - we see that happen close to half a dozen times every single card. If its bad, the fight is stopped - it wasn't considered bad enough and Tim said he didnt want to quit.

Fuck..... Tim Boetsch showed us that Johny Hendricks luck will run out and he will lose to Jake Ellenberger. Quick, someone show Hendricks this thread so he can back out of that fight. You can only get lucky twice, that's the rule.

Owning, is what Cain did in the main event. Seriously, people need to stop over-using this term - Boetsch won a round, and not even emphatically.

The hand wasnt broken. The headbutt was accidental. The eyepoke was an eyepoke - we see that happen close to half a dozen times every single card. If its bad, the fight is stopped - it wasn't considered bad enough and Tim said he didnt want to quit.

It's a joke that Tims fans cant accept that Tim a top 5 guy lost to a top 20 guy that all.
The first excuses we heard we his rabbid fans jumping on Joe Rogans claim that Tims hand was broken. Then the excuse was "Tim had blood in his eye so he could not see".
Those same fans kept on going on and on about his hand. When the truth came out that Tim never broke his hand the next excuse his fans went after was the eyepoke which like you said happens half a dozen times in one card, not to mention the eye poke could not have been that bad considering Tim wanted to continue without about a minute and a half after the poke. It coulden't have been too bad. Not to mention the ringside doctor declared Tim fit to fight after 5 seconds of looking at him.
Costa broke Tims nose, yet these same fans discount that. Did it occur to them that maybe Tims busted nose had a part to play in the way he looked, but they wont bring up the broken nose because they are doing everything to discredit this win.

Can't help the hand injury. I do think the cut from the head but and the eye poke changed the fight though

It was confirmed by the doctors and medical reports that Tim did not break his hand. The medical report listed Tims only injury as a Broken nose and he will be suspended 180 days because Costa broke his nose.

Costa fought well and earned a great win against Tim, but you've got to admit that a myriad of unfortunate events severely handicapped The barbarian. Costa hp gets mauled in the rematch IMO

I think the eye poke had a pretty big impact on Tim's performance, not trying to take anything away from Costa tho.

I was rooting for Costa, but I still think after that fight, that Boetch is the better fighter.

The way that played out just didnt convince me that Costa is better.

1. Eye poke
2. Broken Hand
3. Head butt, bloody face.

wtf? he got jobbed

throughtout all outlets, it just seems like everyones acknowledging like CP went through Tim like none of that shit happened. :\ and tim was owning him before breaking his hand. Yuck.

can you source the broken hand, it wasn't listed on the medical suspension list

I like Tim, but his performances have been very lacking as of late, I think he lost his last fight and was getting beat down by Okami, he finally got beat here. I think he got lucky that Weidman didn't fight him because I'm sure Weidman would have destroyed him pretty badly.

shit happens - i'm sure he will be given a good fight next to make amends.

bisping should fight lombard next.

1. Eye poke
2. Broken Hand
3. Head butt, bloody face.

wtf? he got jobbed

throughtout all outlets, it just seems like everyones acknowledging like CP went through Tim like none of that shit happened. :\ and tim was owning him before breaking his hand. Yuck.

I don't like or dislike Boetsch or Philippou, I have no feelings at all on either of them, but from watching that event I don't even consider that a win really, in my mind it was a No Contest, there was too many things going against Boetsch by accident to expect him to keep going against a teak-tough opponent. An immediate rematch is surely in order.

Back