Why isn't anyone acknowledging the BS Tim Boetsch went though against C Phillipou

1. Fighters get poked in the eye all the the time.
2. His hand did not break.
3. Headbutts happen quite often, Joe Lauzon bled more.

All the things you listed happen to someone like every card accidentally.

How is a head clash which is 50/50 each guys fault and a broken hand which can happen and happens by Tim's own actions BS?

I love how so many got angry and acted like it was 100% Costa fault and intentional that they clashed head. Somehow there's anger towards Costa because Tim broke his hand punching Costa.

Anyways I don't think he eve broke his hand. So you can remove that from your list of "BS"

Against Riki Costa received an eye poke way worse hen Tim. He was in pain, took his 5 minutes and came back angry and even harder winning that fight.

Boestsh was lucky against Okami, Okami was beating his ass and tim got in a lucky punch... Tim also lost versus Lombard but was given a gift.. Tim's luck finally ran out, and hes not that good. Couldnt cut it at LHW and is ok at MW...

Agreed. He wanted out in the third.

Boestsh was lucky against Okami, Okami was beating his ass and tim got in a lucky punch... Tim also lost versus Lombard but was given a gift.. Tim's luck finally ran out, and hes not that good. Couldnt cut it at LHW and is ok at MW...

I think this is the answer.

I, for one, was commenting to my buds during that scrap that Tim was having one very unlucky night... but I also knew that the stars had aligned to make it look like he was on a legit contender's run, so meh... fortune is fickle.

Shit happens. Deal with it.

Owning him as in pressing him up against the fence doing jack shit? Yeah, fucking ownage right there. I'm so glad he broke his hand or whatever he did because that wall n stall shit is so fucking lame.

I wouldn't owning but he was definitely winning. When he clipped Costa with that front kick to the chin I thought it was going to be finished. The bell rang just in time.

How is a punch lucky? Any punch thrown is thrown with the intent of landing and doing damage.
How can this be something people need to ask these days? I'm not saying anything in regards to Boetsch but a lucky punch is when you land something that you're very unlikely to land again, especially if you do it when you're in a bad situation, and that has great effect on the outcome.

Just because you throw every technique to land doesn't mean that it's likely that it will, which goes even more for certain situations. I've heard many great boxers use the term "lucky punch" so it's hardly something that just goes around among fans.

If luck wasn't a part of MMA the better fighter would win every time. That's not the case though (apart from that the guy who wins is of course the better man that night).

The notion that a punch can't be lucky because it was thrown with intent is like a milder version of saying that winning the lottery can't be lucky because the person obviously bought the ticket so he could win. If people just took the term for what it is then no one would have to take it as an insult, which it shouldn't be.

Welcome to sherdog, where every win as officiated by the judges is without question.

I feel sorry for Boetsch but that sort of stuff happens in fights, just like Diaz vs Benson.

yes hes hyped bc he beat lombard and okami, but you have to actually look at the fights, to me the lombard fight was basically a draw and okami was beating his ass. He caught him good in the third though, I dunno what Okami was thinking

Lol at Boetsch "owning him before breaking his hand". For one, if you call that owning a fighter, I don't know what to tell you. Second, he didn't even break his hand. The reason you don't hear people saying what you are saying is because they aren't delusional.

I lol'd when someone in the pbp thread said Costa should get dqd

YIwttst (yeah, I was thinking the same thing). lol will you please start spelling in a proper way, Floyd? :icon_chee

Costantinous is just that awesome. He is a solid top 10.

For god sake.

He DIDN'T break his hand.

Headbutts hurt both fighters.

Eye poke was accidental.

Sucks for Boetsch, but to brand Costa as a cheat is just ridiculous.

Headbutts do not hurt both fighters.

"F*ck no"

WAR Boetsch!

Pretty unlucky night for him. Phillipou is solid, but I'd take Boetsch in a rematch.

For god sake.

Eye poke was accidental.

Not always, if you hit someone's chin with the top of your head it will cause a lot more damage to them.
And accidental eye pokes is kinda of funny, of course he didn't grab his head and stuck his thumb in there but he was waving an open hand in front of his face, it's a pretty low blow imo
It's like Kos "accidental eye pokes"

I'm not saying Costa couldn't defeat Tim without that, but it was a weird fight

1. Eye poke
2. Broken Hand
3. Head butt, bloody face.

wtf? he got jobbed

throughtout all outlets, it just seems like everyones acknowledging like CP went through Tim like none of that shit happened. :\ and tim was owning him before breaking his hand. Yuck.

I see you seem to leave out in your post Costa busted and Broke Tims nose at the end of the first round. Confirmed by medical reports Costa broke Tims nose.

Tim never broke his hand! Stop using that excuse. Stop using the bloody face as an excuse also. Many fighters get bloody all the time. This is just another weak excuse to try to discredit Costa by bitter Tim fans. Eye pokes happen all the time. In fact Costa almost had his eye removed after one of the worst eye poker I hasve ever seen , he was on the mat screaming like a baby in pain, yet Costa finished the fight and won.
The eye poke is just another excuse for the bitter Tim fans who are annoyed their top 5 boy lost to a top 20 guy and asre inturn trying to discredit Costas win. If the eye was so damaged the commision would have not cleared Tim for any contact until he saw an optomologist. His medical reports listed Tim as having a fractured nose.

Well good thing this wasn't some intentional headbutt form one guy to the other and was accidentally head clash caused by and affecting both guys.

I never said it was intentional. And it didn't look like it affected Costa to me.

For god sake.

Eye poke was accidental.

No, no they don't. Not equally.

Back