Why is "Ubereem" so highly regarded on here despite getting KO'd by Bigfoot?

I suspect actually him always having a weakness in boxing has worked in his favour here, he never really depended much on handspeed/reactions or his chin.

He's been finished many times of course but he hasn't had the wars someone like JDS has or I suspect as brutal a training environment. That's both meant less physical decline and the decline that has happened having less of an impact on his performances.
the guy that trained dutch kickboxing k1 style hasnt had a brutal training environment
the guy that scared jon jones out of heavyweight because of what he did to him in training didnt have a brutal training environment
the guy that rumble hated because he used to beat people in training didnt have a brutal training environment

<mma3>

In 2010 the dude was simultaneously the Strikeforce champ, Dream champ and K-1 world GP winner. He completely mandhandled Brett Rogers who Fedor had struggled with, then in 2011 beat the guy that ended Fedors streak, then he debuted in the UFC and sent Brock back to the WWE. Looking at it within the context of the time its easy to see why he got so much hype, the guy looked like an absolute monster.

Ubereem was just something else, but not built to last.

Got melted by Nevada's joke of drug testing.

Perhaps it was better for his longtime health, anyway.

the guy that trained dutch kickboxing k1 style hasnt had a brutal training environment
the guy that scared jon jones out of heavyweight because of what he did to him in training didnt have a brutal training environment
the guy that rumble hated because he used to beat people in training didnt have a brutal training environment

<mma3>
Glory wasn't everyone training together and during his K-1 run I remember someone there specifically stated they focused his training on avoiding punishment. That doesn't mean he wasn't beating people up training his offence but I doubt he was enduring Chute Boxe style training with essentially live matches in the gym.

As far as Jones goes I think Jon was scared of him because he's a bad style matchup, he doesn't have Jones chin but Jones arguably doesn't have the power to crack his chin and Overeem works the same style going from long range into the clinch and is arguably better at it.

Reem fought after his suspension. He was fighting TRTFoot when this fight happened. + He was winnign 2 rounds till he got caught

Yeah and?

He still got slept by a dude with the slowest punches in the world
That wasn't Ubereem

The Ubereem era ended after Brock fight when he pissed hot before JDS fight. And that was an athletic comission.. not even USADA so go and figure lol. His testosterone levels were through the roof.

Ubereem was unbeaten in MMA. But he lost twice in K-1 rules againt Remy and Badr Hari.

He beat JDS and that is all I needed for me to be a life long fan. As others have stated that was not Uberreem in there that night. If he had already transitioned into Econoreem before that fight he would have won. He just gassed out and his chin let him down again.

Because Bigfoot was also on roids

Or maybe Overeem has a lack of heart and cardio... you know, like he always has. He did well in the UFC because the UFC isn't nearly as good as people think it is.

You are wrong, so next time you are "pretty sure" of something better shut your mouth.

Woah, fuckin tough guy over here!

tenor.gif

Bigfoot literally cant even compete with out mega doses of sauce, so....

yea yea, I know. his medical condition or whatever. lets not be children pretending he didnt abuse it.

Well if he didn't he'd start lactating.
"This is one of the guys that really have authentic technical reasons to be on TRT. He has acromegaly. His pituitary gland overproduces GH (growth hormone) and that unbalances all his other hormones.
When I started managing him, he was actually lactating. He has extremely low testosterone, so he has a real reason to be on TRT."
bleacherreport.com/articles/1941685-ufc-manager-says-antonio-silva-was-lactating-due-to-hormone-imbalance

RealisticDetailedCougar-size_restricted.gif

I see people talking about this guy like he was some world beater when he got slept despite being juiced to the gills.

Is this just some weird fetish people have or what

That wasn't ubereem. The ubereem era was prior to this fight. It was prior to his failed drug test. This fight was after all that.

Last edited:
Comes from the Ubereem days where he legit looked unstoppable. But the horse meat doesn't really up the chin.

Back