Why is "Ubereem" so highly regarded on here despite getting KO'd by Bigfoot?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by kezxtie, Jul 31, 2020 at 8:52 PM.

1. BoxerSunny White Belt

@ts I’ll go easy on you junior cause you seem casual..

how much of the forum actually knew REEM was contemplating retirement pre Bigfoot fight due to a career ending back injury?

nevertheless, he called out JDS for his return fight only to accept a title eliminator with Bigfoot

Bigfoot fought on elevated T as per TRT exemption...

REEM actually had dangerously low T levels and would’ve been eligible for TRT had he not pissed hot pre UFC146

https://www.mmafighting.com/2013/2/...stosterone-level-at-dangerously-low-levels-in

Retrospective to the fight -

round 1: all Reem

round 2: the fight should’ve not been stood up with 0:30 to go and REEM doing damage.

round 3: I’m surprised it’s often overlooked that Reem was stunned by the (unintentional) clash of heads at the start of the round. You could immediately see Reems knees buckle and he was on shaky legs thereafter - still managing to slip several punches until getting caught with a head kick that started the combo. also it took several combos to actually drop Reem although this was never good for career longevity.

since this fight Reem has beaten Mir, Struve, Nelson, Hunt, Werdum (who have all KOd, subbed Bigfoot) KOd JDS, AA and fought for the title, almost dethroning the champ with his second strike of the fight - a straight left! Despite catching KO losses Reem has reinvented himself over the years - Ecoreem, Wrestlereem, Wolvereem.

Bigfoot is 1 - 10 since his Reem win.

2H2H, PRIDE - STRIKEFORCE, K1 and DREAM heavyweight champion. 40 years old and gunning for one last title run. Put some respect on that mans name. Bonafide legend sure fire HOFer

Uber fluke by Bigfoot nothing more, nothing less

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 11:19 AM
    King., Harlekin and Kafir-kun like this.
  2. BBMN Pancakes?!

Exactly. TS doesn't know what he's doing. Please delete, TS.

Duke Nightmare and SCTrojans like this.
  3. SCTrojans Blue Belt

That wasn't Ubereem. Go watch all his fights kid.

4. Phisher Gold Belt

Fucking noob.

That wasn't "Ubereem." That was the first fight after he got busted for roids and had a long layoff.

He actually had abnormally low testosterone for this fight and the Browne fight because he'd been cycling for so long.

Also, even at the height of the Ubereem craze, everybody always recognized that Alistair's glaring weakness was his chin, and there were a large number of detrators who were waiting for him to get KO'd.

SCTrojans likes this.
  5. arcadeperfect Purple Belt

That was Overeem's first fight after being suspended so it wasn't Ubereem. Had he taken it seriously he never would've been KO'd by bums like Bigfoot and Browne.

6. RicardinhoPT Brown Belt

It's been a while so my memories on K1 are a bit rusty but beating Badr was definitely a big accomplishment. But a little later in 2010 he actually won the finals in Tokyo which I think was his biggest accomplishment (something Badr never achieved).

Overeem is a legit striker and has been in many wars. Great strikers like Hoost or Le Banner got knocked out too but that doesn't make them bad strikers, they're elite

Richard Fannin likes this.
  7. Phisher Gold Belt

Overeem clearly had no respect for Bigfoot, but he absolutely put it on Browne. That was an amazing comeback on Browne's part.

People have forgotten that Browne was a legit contender before he hooked up with Ronda and Edmond. He made it all the way to a title eliminator against Werdum. I was actually a fan of his before his career nosedived.

Richard Fannin likes this.
  8. Ivancho Amante de las mma

that was deflatereem not ubereem I remember clearly guy has some problems about testosterone levels

9. Kyojiro Purple Belt Platinum Member

He got his ass kicked by Arlovski.

10. Kyojiro Purple Belt Platinum Member

Eh, not a fluke. Overeem is always getting knocked out by inferior fighters.

11. neandertal Gold Belt

He had hubris in that fight, unfortunately.

12. Thepaintbucket Gold Belt

I'd have to agree with the OP in someways.

I think most fans were pumped when Ubereem was rumored to have signed with the UFC and his debut win over Brock Lesnar was just flawless. Then he popped in 2012 and came back to a string of losses to journeymen fighters who he should've beat.

He *reinvented* himself by getting on his bicycle to disengage from danger and thus Ecoreem was born. To see a guy of his stature resort to this was legit disappointing to me.

Overeem's glorious comeback career to get a title shot would've never ever happened in any other division minus heavyweight in it's current state.

Regardless Overeem is a legend. The dude has an insane heart to keep on pushing through all his hard losses in his career.

13. TRYHARD 2001 Silver Belt

Thank you. We only saw Ubereem ONCE in the UFC.

This happened:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Know your history, son.

14. TRYHARD 2001 Silver Belt

And Strikeforce. And Dream. Ubereem had no issues with failing drug tests there...

mjfan23 likes this.
  15. BoxerSunny White Belt

did you overlook or not read the collision of heads? Read my posts in their entirety before quoting me SMHD

16. Caio Blue Belt

So what? He's a veteran with many big wins and titles.

17. JustBleed69 Touch-Butt Black Belt Yellow Card

Not a world beater, but crafty and capable of beating just about anybody on the right night.
    Dude has been trading wins and losses for over a decade now .

18. legcramp I am a handsome, white-as-snow boxer.

[​IMG]

Pretty sure this is why...

19. BoxerSunny White Belt

20. blaseblah Steel Belt

This fight was after he failed a drug test, he wasn't juiced here.

Also he's regarded as a glass cannon. He could beat anyone in the division, and also lost to anyone.