Why is "Ubereem" so highly regarded on here despite getting KO'd by Bigfoot?

That is a remarkably stupid question.

Why is GSP so highly regarded if he got knocked out by Serra?

Why is Hughes so highly regarded if he got beat by Hallman, twice?

Why is Fedor so highly regarded when he got beat by, lo and behold, Bigfoot?
Right? Like why is Anderson so highly regarded when he lost to Takase and Chonan? Silliness i say.

RealisticDetailedCougar-size_restricted.gif

I see people talking about this guy like he was some world beater when he got slept despite being juiced to the gills.

Is this just some weird fetish people have or what

Michael Jordan lost sometimes. So did Wayne Gretzky. So did Muhammad Ali. And Sugar Ray Leonard. And Usain Bolt. And 99.9999% of all fighters and athletes. People have bad days. That's why they have best of seven series in so many sports -- a team can lose badly one game, and come back and win the series.

Having said that, I think Overreem is kind of overrated on Sherdog. He had excellent offense, but poor defense.

Hes literally fought the who's who of lhw and hw for 20 years reem will always be loved and highly regarded

The thing that was funny about that fight was that Reem was disrespecting Bigfoot in the lead up and sort of acting like he was the cool guy and Bigfoot was the loser and Bigfoot came into that fight with something to prove man, lol, I remember he was saying after the fight he wanted to keep going on Reem after Herb Dean pulled him off. That is where the infamous "scared Herb" meme came from, it was like a fucking effigy with an Easter Island head coming at you as if you were cursed.. Wouldn't have wanted to be Reem that night that's for sure.

Because you are an idiot and a troll, TS. Alistair is a fucking legend.

The thing that was funny about that fight was that Reem was disrespecting Bigfoot in the lead up and sort of acting like he was the cool guy and Bigfoot was the loser and Bigfoot came into that fight with something to prove man, lol, I remember he was saying after the fight he wanted to keep going on Reem after Herb Dean pulled him off. That is where the infamous "scared Herb" meme came from, it was like a fucking effigy with an Easter Island head coming at you as if you were cursed.. Wouldn't have wanted to be Reem that night that's for sure.

Someone shoop this with Bigfoot...

NTaV.gif

The big issue I'd say was actually that Reem couldn't bully Bigfoot in the clinch, that was really his biggest weapon in the Uber years but he couldn't get much going here at all and had to work very hard just to take him down.

Fun fact: Overeem has an equal amount of losses inside the UFC (7) as he did inside PRIDE (7).

Why? Seriously? Take a look at his history, fought everyone all around the world, even destroyed Badr.

K1 Ubereem was him at full power

images

He defeated Paul Buentello and Todd Duffee for those titles... they aren't real belts.

I forgot he beat those guys to win those titles.... I gotta look at the records. Are you sure those belts were that useless? I remember Buentello doing quite well and then he finally started declining rapidly and I'm pretty sure that didnt happen until way after he fought Overeem. And Duffee was just a weird fighter, he was always injured.... I need to go back and watch his comeback fight from last year, I thought he looked good but I could be remembering that wrong. he has really shitty luck, injured for 4 years and then comes back to only get poked in the eye not even 30 seconds into the fight.

Idk wtf he's doing honestly... still hasnt set up another fight in almost a year. His mind isn't in it and he's milking his contract or something. That or the UFC thinks he could potentially be a star and are allowing him to just do what he wants.

I forgot he beat those guys to win those titles.... I gotta look at the records. Are you sure those belts were that useless? I remember Buentello doing quite well and then he finally started declining rapidly and I'm pretty sure that didnt happen until way after he fought Overeem. And Duffee was just a weird fighter, he was always injured.... I need to go back and watch his comeback fight from last year, I thought he looked good but I could be remembering that wrong. he has really shitty luck, injured for 4 years and then comes back to only get poked in the eye not even 30 seconds into the fight.

Idk wtf he's doing honestly... still hasnt set up another fight in almost a year. His mind isn't in it and he's milking his contract or something. That or the UFC thinks he could potentially be a star and are allowing him to just do what he wants.
Both belts were inaugural, which means they didn't exist until Reem fought those two guys, so there wasn't even a history for the belts. Essentially the belts were created to hype up Reem by him fighting some cans.

Because he would tap Gordon Ryan in ADCC with ease.

Both belts were inaugural, which means they didn't exist until Reem fought those two guys, so there wasn't even a history for the belts. Essentially the belts were created to hype up Reem by him fighting some cans.
Ahh I remember that now, thanks for reminding me. I couldn't remember the details of what happened. That was indeed a joke.

Back