• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is Potan moving up to fight such a dangerous fight. Izzy is the easier and better paid fight

1. izzy gifted him the shot. he knows that.
2. brutal weight cut to mw. almost knocked out in first fight with izzy, knocked out cold in second fight.
3. his main training partner beat jan they likely already have a plan in place
4. its a tough match on paper for him but the upsides are huge. he wins he gets a title shot. he wins he did what izzy couldnt.
he wins he proves hes legit because yan is a big dude whos going to use his size and grappling like he did vs izzy.
5. he rematches izzy right away and loses thats that. the train stops. it would be harder for him to grab a fight like yan for a potential title shot if he loses back to back.

it seems like an odd decision. a very high risk ballsy move but when you break it all down imo it makes the most sense

According to you since they are the best fight for each other that pays the most they both should continually rematch for the next ten years. Glad you're not the matchmaker.

Izzy is a popular champ and the UFC is basically fucking pro wrestling. They put the match together because of a storyline and to hopefully have Izzy avenge a loss from another sport but then he got TKO'd. They don't want to risk him dropping the belt to a boring personality, non-english speaking, one dimensional fighter again.

its simple.

The UFC would NOT allow him to fight Adesanya again, because they don't want their Golden Boy Adesanya who they've invbested millions of dollars in to lose (again).

So, once again, the UFC engineer things to get the financial result that they want.

Protect their HEAVILY PROMOTED fighters (Adesanya is one, there are multiple others) by keeping dangerous fighters away as long as they possibly can.

Then why did they rush the Alex fight in the first place?

Jan could just take him down and Potan is done. Izzy is the easier fight
Izzy refused the trilogy. Finally got the win and decided that was enough and is moving on.

Alex should move up anyway. But Jan is a bad style matchup. Unless age has really caught up to him he should have a big advantage on the ground. If he fights smart I’m sure he beats Alex. We’ll see I guess. I just wish the fight wasn’t in SLC.

No controversy and may the better fighter win. But I’m picking Jan.

Who the fuck wants to see him vs Izzy for the 5th fucking time?
I think a poll would be overwhelming for a LOT of people. It’s 1 - 1 in mma. They should have done it. If you do instant rematches which I don’t like. You need to be prepared for instant trilogies. But Izzy is the UFC golden boy. He gets to do what he wants.

Went from courageous fighting Romero when he didn’t have to. To ducking Alex when it’s a no-brainer. It is what it is.

I think a poll would be overwhelming for a LOT of people. It’s 1 - 1 in mma. They should have done it. If you do instant rematches which I don’t like. You need to be prepared for instant trilogies. But Izzy is the UFC golden boy. He gets to do what he wants.

Went from courageous fighting Romero when he didn’t have to. To ducking Alex when it’s a no-brainer. It is what it is.

We need fresh match-ups, not stale trilogies. This goes for Whitaker as well. He's been pretty vocal about wanting to fight DDP. I'd rather see that instead of another rematch.

Izzy isn't wanting any immediate rematch. It's a ballsy move, to be sure. But if he won, it would be pretty solid for his resume. If he loses, hey, he went up a class and gave it a shot.
No shame in losing to Jan. I seem to remember Izzy taking his first L against the very same man. But I do give Alex a bigger chance of winning. He’s bigger and Jan is older. But the advantage on the ground is big for Jan against either guy. But Alex is way more dangerous on the feet. He could pull it off if Jan tries the prove he can stand with Alex.

But that would be silly. Just win Jan.

Because Alex doesn’t want to do the work to EARN a titleshot

Alex would have to fight contenders that could grapple and that was too much of a risk
He earned the first one by knocking Strickland silly. Wasn’t he ranked 3, or 4. And Izzy beat everybody else. Then he beat Izzy. If that isn’t earning it. I don’t know what is.

He got fast tracked but don’t hate on the guy. He EARNED the trilogy the second he beat your boy Izzy.

Cause that weight probably hell for him.. Nobody forcing him to move up. But you see how big that fcker is?

He earned the first one by knocking Strickland silly. Wasn’t he ranked 3, or 4. And Izzy beat everybody else. Then he beat Izzy. If that isn’t earning it. I don’t know what is.

He got fast tracked but don’t hate on the guy. He EARNED the trilogy the second he beat your boy Izzy.

He EARNED it. LMAO.... You can't be serious. Alex got hand picked fights on his way to the belt.

He is a champion with ZERO title defenses.

Go fight an actual contender and get some wins. Whittaker had to do it. If Poatan fans really think he is that good then it should be an issue. Smells like fear

Exactly!!!
So then why didn’t Izzy have to earn a rematch? Your logic doesn’t add up man. What about Usman? He got KFTO too. Why didn’t he have to earn a rematch?

Hypocrisy much? You can’t have two different sets of rules, man. Especially for the reasons you have them. That’s not cool.

So then why didn’t Izzy have to earn a rematch? Your logic doesn’t add up man. What about Usman? He got KFTO too. Why didn’t he have to earn a rematch?

Hypocrisy much? You can’t have two different sets of rules, man. Especially for the reasons you have them. That’s not cool.

Izzy EARNED his rematch by having six title defenses

Usman EARNED his rematch by having five defenses

Alex had ZERO

Long reigning champs deserve rematches. Flashes in the pan should earn their way back

He EARNED it. LMAO.... You can't be serious. Alex got hand picked fights on his way to the belt.

He is a champion with ZERO title defenses.

Go fight an actual contender and get some wins. Whittaker had to do it. If Poatan fans really think he is that good then it should be an issue. Smells like fear
There’s zero fear in me. I always say NOBODY deserves instant rematches unless there’s a draw or real controversy. Alex beat a contender. Smarten up, man.

Pay attention..

And I’m picking Jan to win. The same way I did when he whooped your boy. And I’m not a fan of Alex either. I like him, that’s it. Which is pretty much the same as I don’t hate him. I am a fan of Jan.

But Izzy ducked and you know it. And you’re trying to justify it with nonsense.

Back