Why is Potan moving up to fight such a dangerous fight. Izzy is the easier and better paid fight

How do you explain fast tracking Poatan to begin with?
that's easy, Izzy had mw cleared out and there was a big story and history with him and alex.

It was the obvious move and people were calling for the fight after alexs first win. Some retards even went as far to say izzy was ducking alex because they didn't fight immediately after bruno silva.

Izzy EARNED his rematch by having six title defenses

Usman EARNED his rematch by having five defenses

Alex had ZERO

Long reigning champs deserve rematches. Flashes in the pan should earn their way back
BULLSHIT.

Why do long reigning champions deserve rematches when they get finished? I don’t subscribe to that nonsense. I never have.

Usman is a notorious cherry picker and I docked him legacy points for calling out a fucking guy he already beat. So why didn’t Masvidal have to earn a rematch? Your logic is not logical. You just pick and choose when to apply it and we know when and why.

You might want to change your username too btw. You can do it every 30 days. It’s impossible for you to try to pretend you are a fair minded person with no built in biases. But that’s your problem.. One which I don’t suffer from.

Your boy ducked, and every fair minded person knows it.

Moving on..

BULLSHIT.
Why do long reigning champions deserve rematches when they get finished? I don’t subscribe to that nonsense. I never have.

Why? Because they earned it by beating many Number One contenders back to back.

Usman is a notorious cherry picker and I docked him legacy points for calling out a fucking guy he already beat. So why didn’t Masvidal have to earn a rematch? Your logic is not logical. You just pick and choose when to apply it and we know when and why.

Who else was there??? Please name one opponent Usman should have fought but he didn't. I'll

Usman was an active champion that fought 3 times that year. When he didn't have to. He went above and beyond.

You might want to change your username too btw. You can do it every 30 days. It’s impossible for you to try to pretend you are a fair minded person with no built in biases. But that’s your problem.. One which I don’t suffer from.

It's just a fun gimmick. Don't take the name so seriously. Lighten up

Your boy ducked, and every fair minded person knows it.

Please only haters are pushing this narrative

I assume the thinking is that if he loses to Jan it doesn't completely spoil a 3rd Izzy fight because Izzy also lost to Jan.

And if he beats Jan it makes the 3rd Izzy fight that much more likely.

he's right this time though. Alex only had 3 fights in the ufc before fighting for a title. And i agree with you wholeheartedly about usman, weakest move a champion has EVER made in the history of this sport.

Guys like Izzy (specifically) Have already beaten everyone in the top 5 when he lost to alex, what are we to do? give a shot to someone who izzy already beat? or have him fight someone he has recently beaten to prove he's still a contender? Ya gotta remember izzy already had 2 wins against rob and marvin, And just got done dominating Cannonier. If izzy were to lose his next fight at MW, I would NOT advocate for him to get another title fight he'd have to move back and get a solid 2-3 wins.

its simple.

The UFC would NOT allow him to fight Adesanya again, because they don't want their Golden Boy Adesanya who they've invbested millions of dollars in to lose (again).

So, once again, the UFC engineer things to get the financial result that they want.

Protect their HEAVILY PROMOTED fighters (Adesanya is one, there are multiple others) by keeping dangerous fighters away as long as they possibly can.

But they fast tracked Poatan to Izzy in the first place even though he was a stylistically dangerous fight who probably couldnt have earned a title shot the traditional way.

Why? Because they earned it by beating many Number One contenders back to back.

Who else was there??? Please name one opponent Usman should have fought but he didn't. I'll

Colby. The fact that usman fought masvidal twice before fighting colby twice REEKS

But they fast tracked Poatan to Izzy in the first place even though he was a stylistically dangerous fight who probably couldnt have earned a title shot the traditional way.
yeah you have to ignore the fact that he got an underserved title shot for this narrative to stick, it's bollacks. They gave Alex everything because they wanted a real challenge for izzy.

now there is this dagastani ikram whatever they are trying to move into the top 5 right away to make another interesting stylistic challenge for izzy.

they aren't doing izzy favors and im glad they didn't give alex another mw title shot. There are so few situations where I'm pleased to watch the same fight 3 times in a row.

Then why did they rush the Alex fight in the first place?
due to their past history in kickboxing I would think.
But...anyway...Poatan is obviously a very dangerous fighter, and UFC were no doubt looking for bew challengers at 185lbs to Adesanya as he was rapidly running out of credible challengers. So UFC threw Poatan in there, sink or swim, and he got an early title challenge as he as obviously capable enough to warrant it. As evidenced by him winning their 1st MMA fight (although he was losing on points before he KO'd Adesanya).

But he fought Colby twice?

You aren’t making sense
Try reading again, I said the fact he fought masvidal twice BEFORE fighting Colby the second time.

at the time he fought masvidal the second time, he should have been fighting colby. You can't deny this. He took the absolute easiest out he could find and the ufc had to pressure him to take the colby fight. He and his manager wanted to fight luque or Chiesa instead.

Weight cut might be rough on him, also he might see Hill as an easier and new matchup for him, even if he lost to Adesanya he is still up 3-1 to him, who btw, wants nothing with Pereira.

Pretty much everyone apart from you....

I would prefer him going against Hill instead of Adesanya tho, not that i would hate a 5th fight between them.

Try reading again, I said the fact he fought masvidal twice BEFORE fighting Colby the second time.

at the time he fought masvidal the second time, he should have been fighting colby. You can't deny this. He took the absolute easiest out he could find and the ufc had to pressure him to take the colby fight. He and his manager wanted to fight luque or Chiesa instead.

Now you are just grasping at straws. You are better than this.

Usman had already fought twice that year as champion. He didn't have to take the Colby fight. He could have made Colby wait. He decided to take a third fight against Colby anyway. That is the exact opposite of being pressured

And frankly he should have because Colby hadn't earned a rematch. A win over Woodley who was on a 2 fight losing streak is not a title worthy performance

Who the fuck wants to see him vs Izzy for the 5th fucking time?

Izzy vs Poatan 5
Moreno vs Fig 5

Live on PPV for International Fight Week. Cracker of a card.

5febd26a633fe441e804c2c0957ddcf98b1a622c.gif

Back