Why is Oleg Taktarov not in the UFC Hall Of Fame!!!??

I might have my facts wrong, but were they not "street racing" when the crash occured?

From what I've read Mask was driving down the road in his Lambo, the Porsche pulled up next to him trying to initiate a street race, Porsche loses control and causes crash. Driver turns out to be drunk and is charged (and convicted) with vehicular manslaughter.

Mark Coleman got in so Dana could bill his fight with Couture as a "Hall of Fame Fight".

Everyone knows what Dana White is truly no different than Vince McMahon.

You could ask that question about a bunch of guys. The UFC Hall of Fame is really just Dana White's Favorite People List. Guys like Taktarov, Pat Militich, and Frank Shamrock all deserve to be recognized for their accomplishments and what they did to help build the sport.

All three of those guys should definately be in there. Oleg was a tournment champion. Fought in three, finals in all three. Ken shamrock, three tournaments, finals in none.

No Frye, no Oleg.

He never demonstrated the brilliant mediocrity of a Stephan Bonnar. That GOAT went 8-7 in the UFC, and never beat a Top 10 opponent (unless Jardine was fringe Top 10, and that was pretty much a robbery decision anyway).

sarcasm detected

Truer words were never spoken re: Dana the wanna-be tough guy.

Mark Coleman got in so Dana could bill his fight with Couture as a "Hall of Fame Fight".

Everyone knows what Dana White is truly no different than Vince McMahon.

On my site, MMADraws.com, we have Oleg as the #4 draw in UFC for the 1993-95 period. http://www.mmadraws.blogspot.ca/2014/05/1993-1995-mma-top-draws.html

The three guys ahead of him are the holy trinity of Gracie, Shamrock and Severn. Going through the top 4 year by year, most guys in the top 4 are either in or likely to go in with the exceptions of Don Frye (surprised he's not in) and Kimo (should be in, IMO).

That said, there are only 10 guys in it right now with an awful lot of still active guys likely to go in. If Oleg's not in already, he probably won't be, which is a shame.

Frye has been very vocal about what a dick he thinks Dana White is therefore the fact he won 2 belts and posted a 9-1 record counts for shit! The UFC hof is a total and utter farce when former champions can't get in but some guy who sold tshirts can

Shame Taktarov wasn't fighting at UFC 1, it most certainly would have been him vs Royce in the final...

No doubt about it! I would even say that Oleg would have won after a long bout againts royce by technical submission since Royce is a warrior that doesn't tap!

HOF isn't a serios thing, its just Dana Whites favourites, nothing more. Plenty of fighters taht will never get in accomplished 20 times what Bonnar did.

He doesn't deserve to be in the UFC HOF and I hope it stays like that.

He's too good of a guy to be part of that.

He doesn't deserve to be in the UFC HOF and I hope it stays like that.

He's too good of a guy to be part of that.

UFC's HoF is a freakin joke. mockery of the sport.

I agree with both of you!

I made this thread in May and seeing how this year turned out and the direction UFC is going. Its better if Oleg doesn't associate with the Zuffas version of UFC.

Why? He gets e-cred?

Being honored would be terrrrrrible. lol hipsters.

Oh whatever man, I am not hear to argue with you and I have to work all night to make Vegan cakes and this news popped in to my head as did the recent mma news that broke in the last few months.

This is bullshit though! Zuffa really fucked up the brand of UFC!

Oh whatever man, I am not hear to argue with you and I have to work all night to make Vegan cakes and this news popped in to my head as did the recent mma news that broke in the last few months.

This is bullshit though! Zuffa really fucked up the brand of UFC!

You know who else had some exciting fights and is also funny... Bonnar and Griffin.

Same resume as Oleg here.

The hipster anger against the UFC HOF I truly do not understand.

Coleman, Randy, Royce, Hughes, Chuck, Mask, Dan, Ken, Tito, Forrest and Ken.

Mask is a builder. Not only athletes get into hall of fames. People who made important contributions to the sport get into HOFs. Mask was a UFC sponsor, putting food of fighters tables when nobody would touch the shit. No sponsor can or will be as important to UFC, they had their backs during the darkest days when they needed it.

Forrest and Griffin, let just forget there is even an argument for them. Let's pretend it's the worst thing ever.

Did it really ruin all the other entries into the HOF? I just do no understand.

Did that one band you not enjoy ruin the Rock n Roll HOF fame?

Last edited:
Everyone has said everything meaningful (HOF is a joke, HOF is DW's personal favorites list, certain fighters deserve to be in/out, etc), so I would just like to add that the HOF is a joke, it's DW's personal favorites list, and certain fighters deserve to be in/out of it.

Also, it probably won't exist in a few years.

Back