Why is Oleg Taktarov not in the UFC Hall Of Fame!!!??

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So I know he had an uninspiring fight with Ken Shamrock that was billed as a super fight, but aside from that, all of Olegs ufc fights were exciting as hell as well as technical and unorthodox with many finishes in the ufc.

He boats a ufc record of 6 wins, 2 losses and 1 draw, the 2 losses were to dan severn which one of them was a cut and one was a decision. So he was never finished in his ufc career and he has 5 finishes while his 1 decision win was over Marco Ruas who was a very respectable fighter in that era!

With that being said, why is Oleg not in the ufc??? The guy had an amazing style as well as one of the best sense of humors in the entire mma and a wonderful personality!

His sense of humor can be seen in this video:

The Tank Abbott fight was sloppier than a hooker's vag. Was his third fight for the night tho.

You could ask that question about a bunch of guys. The UFC Hall of Fame is really just Dana White's Favorite People List. Guys like Taktarov, Pat Militich, and Frank Shamrock all deserve to be recognized for their accomplishments and what they did to help build the sport.

You could ask that question about a bunch of guys. The UFC Hall of Fame is really just Dana White's Favorite People List. Guys like Taktarov, Pat Militich, and Frank Shamrock all deserve to be recognized for their accomplishments and what they did to help build the sport.
This.

Taktarov isn't in the HOF because Dana doesn't want him to be. That's pretty much it.

I don't really see why he should get in.

Because he's 6-2-1, funny, and Russian?

He never demonstrated the brilliant mediocrity of a Stephan Bonnar. That GOAT went 8-7 in the UFC, and never beat a Top 10 opponent (unless Jardine was fringe Top 10, and that was pretty much a robbery decision anyway).

In all seriousness, Oleg certainly deserves it, though Frank Shamrock is even more deserving.

The HOF is a joke, but I would love to see Oleg get his due.

Because he was an elite fighter in the early days. He only lost to the best HWs at the time (Severn and Shamrock). As the TS pointed out, no one finished him, except by a cut.

How about the fact that he was a technical sambo fighter who displayed sambo techniques in his ufc venture as well as conducting himself in a professional manner and showing tons of heart and courage and finishing abilities!

Is that not a good reason to be accepted to the hall of fame?

Go away and leave this thread...

Oleg is well deserved of HOF... amongst other fighters...

+1. It's really says something about DW that he either doesn't realize, or doesn't care that this denigrates his company.

He never demonstrated the brilliant mediocrity of a Stephan Bonnar. That GOAT went 8-7 in the UFC, and never beat a Top 10 opponent (unless Jardine was fringe Top 10, and that was pretty much a robbery decision anyway).

In all seriousness, Oleg certainly deserves it, though Frank Shamrock is even more deserving.

Oleg also never wore face paint, sold t-shirts, and died while driving like an idiot.

Taktarov, Pat Militich, and Frank Shamrock, Don Frye, even Bas deserves to be there more than Bonnar.

Isn't it common knowledge he was involved in a fixed fight? Pretty sure John McCarthy talks about it in his book

And bas
Ruas
Frye
Militech
Pulver

Arguments can be made for
Sylvia
Barnett
Rizzo
Horn
Kimo
Bustamante
Lytle
Bolander

TS, Marco Ruas deserves better than a "very respectable fighter."

This by a longshot, at this point who gives a fuck about the hall of fame.

Back