Why is Johny Hendricks not being hyped up?

Wait till after this weekend then the hype train will ramp up.

he landed his 'one effective' punch plenty of times on condit, i dont know if gsp's chin can take that type of damage.

Because he's been too busy focusing on PEDs, VADA, and WADA instead of promoting himself as a legit contender.

You didn't even know who Hendricks was prior to him being announced vs GSP .
then you jumped into the bandwagon .
Who will you use to bash GSP once Hendricks has been exposed as not the one that will take the crown ?

T'es un imb

I agree I made a thread a month or so ago where I stated Hendricks is probably GSP' toughest opponent in a great while. Hendricks is very dangerous and has a great chance against GSP.

I still think GSP is going to win though.

Hendricks is great and I think has gotten plenty of hype. It's just tempered against the fact that Georges is ridiculously better than all of his peers in the division.

Sonnen made a point showing Anderson had something to exploit in wrestling, a specialty of Weidman. Georges doesn't have a weakness to exploit that we've seen.

Hendricks is great and I think has gotten plenty of hype. It's just tempered against the fact that Georges is ridiculously better than all of his peers in the division.

Sonnen made a point showing Anderson had something to exploit in wrestling, a specialty of Weidman. Georges doesn't have a weakness to exploit that we've seen.

GSP's weakness has always been bodyblows. Matt Serra exploited this.

Weidman was a great wrestler with great jiu-jitsu and good striking

Hendricks is a good wrestler with one effective punch

Hendricks is a better wrestler than Weidman by far. He may not use it as effectively or as consistently as Weidman does in MMA largely because he loves throwing his powerful hands, but in terms of straight wrestling ability and skill, Hendricks has it over just about anyone in the UFC. His collegiate career could be very well be compared to Askren's.

Hendricks is a better wrestler than Weidman by far. He may not use it as effectively or as consistently as Weidman does in MMA largely because he loves throwing his powerful hands, but in terms of straight wrestling ability and skill, Hendricks has it over just about anyone in the UFC. His collegiate career could be very well be compared to Askren's.

Jake Rosholt was a 3 time national champion and a 4 time All American. As it were, he's an average MMA grappler.

This isn't a folkstyle competition. Georges has never wrestled as an amateur a day in his life and is arguably top 3 MMA adapted wrestlers in the history of the sport.

Hendricks is a solid MMA adapted wrestler. I wouldn't put him anywhere near the elite like Georges, Sonnen or Cormier.

Jake Rosholt was a 3 time national champion and a 4 time All American. As it were, he's an average MMA grappler.

But I wasn't talking about MMA. I was talking about wrestling.

To say that Hendricks is only a "good wrestler" is a massive understatement. He is a world class wrestler.

"MMA wrestling" on the other hand isn't really wrestling at all. The other elements of MMA that have nothing to do with wrestling can affect things such as takedowns and takedown defense greatly.

So when Hendricks throws a wild punch and then gets taken down because of it, some would say that Hendricks' wrestling has failed him. But that's not the case at all. What failed him is that he wasn't actually wrestling at all.

Styles make fights. Weidman was thought to have the right style to beat Silva, and it actually panned out. But Hendricks isn't really a stylistic nightmare for GSP. He has a shot, but GSP most likely out strikes him standing and also gets most of the take downs and top control. Hendricks could brutally knock him out cold, but the odds would have to be in GSP's favor.

Hendricks is a great fighter who has more than earned his shot at the title with a lot of big wins. He might have the most big wins of any fighter GSP has faced.

But despite his accomplishments, the manner in which he has won his fights seen rather unlikely to work against the champion.

I don't see GSP getting caught early even though it's possible, and despite his pedigree, Hendricks hasn't been all that dominating on the mat. It more than likely will be another day at the office for GSP

Back