Why is it the onus on Jones to move up to HW

It's not on him to go up, nobody asked him to start calling oit HW's. He did that all on his own. Sooooooo, put up if your gonna talk.

It's basically up to the fighter that calls a fighter from a different weightclass out to make the move. Simple as that.

Wrong, it is the fighter that stands to gain the substantial increase financial compensation for the fight against the other that the "onus" of weight adjustment falls on.

Ninety % the top 10 MW boxers would give their left nut for a chance to move down three weightclasses to fight Mayweather at WW.

LMAO Only Sherdog HW posters could come up with a alternative to the reality of the situation.

I hate busting every single Sherdog HW MMA poster balls here, but Damn the ability to totally dismiss the $$$ as 100% "onus" for fighters of different weight classes fighting one another.

Keep on dreaming. If Brock Lesnar comes back to the UFC, JBJ will be all over that fight! PPV $$$ baby.

Same reason the GSP had zero reason to go to MW to fight Silva. GSP $$$ > Spyder $$$ friends. The onus was on Silva if he wanted GSP $$$!

Because this could break 1 million ppv, with Jon having a chance to prove hes the GOAT. Right now hes only close to LHW GOAT

Because weightcutting is lame anyway. This isn't a bodybuilding competition and I have no idea why we have these weightclasses anyway.

If anything, Jones, Gus, Bader, Cormier, Johnson etc.... should all be in the 220lbs weightclass. Cain, JDS, Nelson, Overeem, Browne should be in the 240-260 class.

Asking these men to continually deplete their bodies because an opponent is too afraid of simply being his weight is absurd.

Honestly, think of the actuality of weightcutting. It is a lie at it's core. You're not 205lbs if you're a LHW. You're a 220-230lbs man pretending to be 205 for 2 hours. What is worse is all your opponents are around the same weight. So this sport is devolving into who has the best science, and who can recover from an unnecessary lying depletion exercise, rather than who is the best fighter.

What I love about this is that the same people clamoring for Jones to move up probably said GSP didn't need to.

The driving force is just an obsession to see a hated fighter lose.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Because weightcutting is lame anyway. This isn't a bodybuilding competition and I have no idea why we have these weightclasses anyway.

If anything, Jones, Gus, Bader, Cormier, Johnson etc.... should all be in the 220lbs weightclass. Cain, JDS, Nelson, Overeem, Browne should be in the 240-260 class.

Asking these men to continually deplete their bodies because an opponent is too afraid of simply being his weight is absurd.

Honestly, think of the actuality of weightcutting. It is a lie at it's core. You're not 205lbs if you're a LHW. You're a 220-230lbs man pretending to be 205 for 2 hours. What is worse is all your opponents are around the same weight. So this sport is devolving into who has the best science, and who can recover from an unnecessary lying depletion exercise, rather than who is the best fighter.

Walk around weight in general life isn't the same as in shape fighting weight duh. By getting in shape they probably lose 8-10lbs. The remaining weight is then sweated off to reach the limit.

What I love about this is that the same people clamoring for Jones to move up probably said GSP didn't need to.

The driving force is just an obsession to see a hated fighter lose.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Except Jones has the frame to move up and has almost cleaned out the division.

And to see if he gets his ass whooped OR truly become the GOAT. Id enjoy either way as a jones hater/admirer

There is NO onus on Jon to move anywhere regardless of how much Bones haters attempt to make it so.

Get F'ing real haters, the real onus is on the fighter making less money to sacrifice to make a fight against a fighter in another weightclass where there financial compensation will increase.

GD I 100% truly believe that Sherdog posters really are the most metally deficient combat sports fans on planet earth by far.

GD A-hats, why is it Floyd Mayweathers onus to move up to fight Gennedy Glovokin? Same GD MFing situation you tards.

Gennedy make 10x more in a fight with Money than he would have made in his career to date. He would be dangerous of course to Floyd.

Gennady wants the payday of a lifetime, it is HIS onus to cut the weight!

Hope I explained it kiddies! You are welcome. (from and adult)

Hey!!!!! DUMBASS! Jones is the one calling out HW's and talking about moving up! It's not HW's just out of the blue saying "oh Jeez, maybe I should fight a LHW". But I'm sure as someone who is "explaining things to the kiddies" you already realize this, right?

What I love about this is that the same people clamoring for Jones to move up probably said GSP didn't need to move up.

I agree.

Just wait (IF) Brock comes back, Bones will demand the shot a HW!

There is current NO F'ing HW in all of MMA that will increase JBJ compensation from the UFC.

That changes immediately if Brock resigns. GUARAN-FIN-ARSE-TEE JBJ moves to HW so fast the haters heads will spin right off their torsos.

Yeah!

Because haters want to see him lose

Or maybe the Fans think he might dominate there as well and want to see him do it.

But he should do whatever the fuck he wants.

Watch Cain move down.

Seriously, he wouldn't. But he probably could.

Edit; and wtf does "onus" mean?

In the time it took you to post that you could have looked it up.

Jesus people. It's called a dictionary, employ it from time to time.

To prove you are GOAT you don't move DOWN to fight guys smaller than you to prove how great you are. You move UP. There's a reason guys like Mayweather in boxing are thought of so well because he moved UP in weight to beat guys.

To prove you are GOAT you don't move DOWN to fight guys smaller than you to prove how great you are. You move UP. There's a reason guys like Mayweather in boxing are thought of so well because he moved UP in weight to beat guys.

To be fair, though. Weidman is as much hiding at MW as Jones is hiding at LHW. I'd definitely give Jones some credit for a win over Weidman.

Another interesting fact about all this "Jones should move to HW" talk is that it implies that Gus is no longer the appointed Messiah in a possible rematch.

Both Cormier and Gus were crucified in one fell swoop.

I hear some Rumble ramblings but the story of the day is really just that Jones is a LHW bully.

Never a dull moment on Sherdog when wound-licking rationalization rears its illogical head.

Hey!!!!! DUMBASS! Jones is the one calling out HW's and talking about moving up! It's not HW's just out of the blue saying "oh Jeez, maybe I should fight a LHW". But I'm sure as someone who is "explaining things to the kiddies" you already realize this, right?

I have no the F idea who's saying what my friend.

I know my age demographic is extremely uncommon in MMA fans, however I will say that probably less than 5% of us would listen to any of this manufactured horse shit.

I have NO F'ing idea of the "banter" that went on between JBJ & DC. Nor does anyone in my demographic.

I hold even firmer.

I ask honestly: Are there any posters 35 years old+ that has anything to do with listening to pre fight "whatever" is going on?

It is very difficult to seriously take posters that requires watching weigh in's and hype talk shows to be able to "stand" watching a fight.

To be fair, though. Weidman is as much hiding at MW as Jones is hiding at LHW. I'd definitely give Jones some credit for a win over Weidman.

Not really. Weidman hasn't cleaned out his division and doesn't call out LHW's that he has no intention of fighting.

Back