Why is it the onus on Jones to move up to HW

There is NO onus on Jon to move anywhere regardless of how much Bones haters attempt to make it so.

Get F'ing real haters, the real onus is on the fighter making less money to sacrifice to make a fight against a fighter in another weightclass where there financial compensation will increase.

GD I 100% truly believe that Sherdog posters really are the most metally deficient combat sports fans on planet earth by far.

GD A-hats, why is it Floyd Mayweathers onus to move up to fight Gennedy Glovokin? Same GD MFing situation you tards.

Gennedy make 10x more in a fight with Money than he would have made in his career to date. He would be dangerous of course to Floyd.

Gennady wants the payday of a lifetime, it is HIS onus to cut the weight!

Hope I explained it kiddies! You are welcome. (from and adult)

Sherdog isn't that bad. Youtube commenters are even worse.

Wrong, it is the fighter that stands to gain the substantial increase financial compensation for the fight against the other that the "onus" of weight adjustment falls on.

Ninety % the top 10 MW boxers would give their left nut for a chance to move down three weightclasses to fight Mayweather at WW.

LMAO Only Sherdog HW posters could come up with a alternative to the reality of the situation.

I hate busting every single Sherdog HW MMA poster balls here, but Damn the ability to totally dismiss the $$$ as 100% "onus" for fighters of different weight classes fighting one another.

Keep on dreaming. If Brock Lesnar comes back to the UFC, JBJ will be all over that fight! PPV $$$ baby.

Same reason the GSP had zero reason to go to MW to fight Silva. GSP $$$ > Spyder $$$ friends. The onus was on Silva if he wanted GSP $$$!
Three weight classes? I think you mean two.
Historically fighters have moved up in weight to challenge champions not down in weight.
Mayweather also holds a 154lb world title.

Of course there was a good reason for GSP to challenge Silva at 185, that fight would have meant more money for him than a 170lb title defense. Your own reasoning, you can't even follow it.

I have no the F idea who's saying what my friend.

I know my age demographic is extremely uncommon in MMA fans, however I will say that probably less than 5% of us would listen to any of this manufactured horse shit.

I have NO F'ing idea of the "banter" that went on between JBJ & DC. Nor does anyone in my demographic.

I hold even firmer.

I ask honestly: Are there any posters 35 years old+ that has anything to do with listening to pre fight "whatever" is going on?

It is very difficult to seriously take posters that requires watching weigh in's and hype talk shows to be able to "stand" watching a fight.

You're a blackbelt. Do you really need confirmation to this query after all the time you've been on Sherdog?

There is NO onus on Jon to move anywhere regardless of how much Bones haters attempt to make it so.

Get F'ing real haters, the real onus is on the fighter making less money to sacrifice to make a fight against a fighter in another weightclass where there financial compensation will increase.

GD I 100% truly believe that Sherdog posters really are the most metally deficient combat sports fans on planet earth by far.

GD A-hats, why is it Floyd Mayweathers onus to move up to fight Gennedy Glovokin? Same GD MFing situation you tards.

Gennedy make 10x more in a fight with Money than he would have made in his career to date. He would be dangerous of course to Floyd.

Gennady wants the payday of a lifetime, it is HIS onus to cut the weight!

Hope I explained it kiddies! You are welcome. (from and adult)

Because Jones, like Mayweather, likes to go around claiming to be the best. Can't prove that if you expect every one of your opponents to jump through your hoops before they can even fight you.

The other thing is that once you've cleared out your division, you've proven that weight class isn't a problem for you, and it's time to move onto the next challenge. That challenge, in combat sports, is the next weight class up. Floyd has moved up in weight multiple times, as has Manny Pacquiao and countless other boxers over the years. All Jon Jones has to do to make HW is simply not cut weight. According to an article written just before his fight with Rashad, Jones was walking around at roughly 230.

Besides, Jones has also mentioned that he's likely to end up at HW eventually, so, all things considered, yes, the onus is on Jones. He's got nothing left at 205, forcing HW's to cut to 205 won't prove anything except that they're not used to the weight cut, and he's said it'll happen himself.

I have no the F idea who's saying what my friend.

I know my age demographic is extremely uncommon in MMA fans, however I will say that probably less than 5% of us would listen to any of this manufactured horse shit.

I have NO F'ing idea of the "banter" that went on between JBJ & DC. Nor does anyone in my demographic.

I hold even firmer.

I ask honestly: Are there any posters 35 years old+ that has anything to do with listening to pre fight "whatever" is going on?

It is very difficult to seriously take posters that requires watching weigh in's and hype talk shows to be able to "stand" watching a fight.

This post makes about as much sense as you using boxing as an example of what should happen in MMA. Silly!

You want to equate this all to $$$$ but MMA isn't that ruined yet. This isn't about $$$$$. This is about cementing legacy and proving GOAT'ness.

It's absolutely simple. JJ has almost cleaned out his division and has started calling out HW's. If you can't grasp if he should go up to cement his legacy or demand they come down, then you are truly a child teaching children...... I think there is a lesson to be learned there, ya dig!?

In the time it took you to post that you could have looked it up.

Jesus people. It's called a dictionary, employ it from time to time.

Sure. In the time it took you to reply to me, you could have not replied at all.

But thanks. I'm aware of the existence of dictionaries. I could have looked it up. I chose not to, cause I'm engaging in conversation by being on a forum. I chose not to, cause I found that particular word pretty unusual.

If jones doesnt want to go up, thats not a problem, he has the right to defend his belt as many times as he wants and fight in his weight class, what im against is that fighters challenge other figthers from different divisions but they should come and fight at his weight, to me thats a pretty weak move, if you want to fight another figther do it in his weight class

This post makes about as much sense as you using boxing as an example of what should happen in MMA. Silly!

You want to equate this all to $$$$ but MMA isn't that ruined yet. This isn't about $$$$$. This is about cementing legacy and proving GOAT'ness.

It's absolutely simple. JJ has almost cleaned out his division and has started calling out HW's. If you can't grasp if he should go up to cement his legacy or demand they come down, then you are truly a child teaching children...... I think there is a lesson to be learned there, ya dig!?

Well, to think that everyone's favorite HW pugilist in the UFC also called out Klitschko.

You were NO DOUBT one of the dumb bunnies all over that Wladamir was scurred of Junior.

LMAO numb one. Junior couldn't carry Wlad jock strap and somewhere deep down inside that seriously smarting backside of your you realize this.

So stop with your weirdo angle and say that JDS is a chicken for running his mouth and NOT strapping on 16 ounce gloves.

Well, to think that everyone's favorite HW pugilist in the UFC also called out Klitschko.

You were NO DOUBT one of the dumb bunnies all over that Wladamir was scurred of Junior.

LMAO numb one. Junior couldn't carry Wlad jock strap and somewhere deep down inside that seriously smarting backside of your you realize this.

So stop with your weirdo angle and say that JDS is a chicken for running his mouth and NOT strapping on 16 ounce gloves.

Stick to the subject Numnuts! Your panicking and swerving all over he place.

the onus is on JJ to go up for two simple reasons.....

1. He is the one calling out the HW fighters, not the the other way around. If you don't know this then maybe you should stick to things you know about, like chewing bubblegum maybe.

2. To cement his legacy as GOAT he needs to challenge himself at the higher weight class. That's how it works in our sport of MMA. Maybe corrupt bullish!t boxing is your thing, you should stick with that.

Were they going to have a foxy boxing match?

Not really. Weidman hasn't cleaned out his division and doesn't call out LHW's that he has no intention of fighting.

Doesn't call out WW's he has no intention of fighting.

Part of it is that if Jones really is going to be seen as the GOAT he has to be able to place himself in a situation where he is at a disadvantage and not the HWs. Trying to move up to fight the HWs and having them fight at their natural weight would mean significant disadvantages for Jones in terms of the sheer power differences he would be dealing with. HWs trying to cut to LHW might end up losing some of that power; when they cut to LHW they are the ones who are at a disadvantage. If Jones was moving up to HW to fight DC and DC was not cutting weight, their fight would have been at least quite a bit closer than it was. And so for Jones to have the MMA GOAT god status he's been given, he will eventually need to be able to take on guys like Cain, Dos Santos and Miocic and not in a situation where they are losing power and strength by cutting weight.

Stick to the subject Numnuts! Your panicking and swerving all over he place.

the onus is on JJ to go up for two simple reasons.....

1. He is the one calling out the HW fighters, not the the other way around. If you don't know this then maybe you should stick to things you know about, like chewing bubblegum maybe.

2. To cement his legacy as GOAT he needs to challenge himself at the higher weight class. That's how it works in our sport of MMA. Maybe corrupt bullish!t boxing is your thing, you should stick with that.

Wrong again.

Who is/are the current UFC GOAT(s) in his way?

GSP, Spyder, and some mention of Jose Aldo.

Why are GSP & Spyder "considered by some" to be GOAT material over Jon?

Easy Spyder 10 UFC title defenses.
GSP 9 UFC title defenses.
Aldo 7 UFC title defenses (and still active).

2. Jones needs to establish the UFC title defense record in history to seal the GOAT deal before so much as considering moving up to HW for keyboard jockeys fantasy matchups. THAT is how it works in YOUR sport of MMA.

Here is the current pole for UFC GOAT/ Greatest champion.

Jones has about 500% less votes than either GSP or Spyder!

Why exactly does he no longer need to defend his LHW UFC belt to be considered best? How many different weight class belts did GSP hold or even WC's he competed in?
1 (One!)

I get laughed on more than anything singing the praises of my UFC GOAT. You F'ing love a fighter going up in weigh to "test their metal" yet sh!+ all over Randy for going up to HW, taking the belt and successfully defending the Fing thing.

LMAO at you all squelling like stuck pigs in pure butthurt over JBJ. Music to we Bones fans ears.

View Poll Results: UFC's Greatest Champion Ever? (According to you?)
GSP 717 43.06%
Anderson Silva 726 43.60%
Jon Jones 117 7.03%
Other (Please Specify) 105 6.31%

To be fair, though. Weidman is as much hiding at MW as Jones is hiding at LHW. I'd definitely give Jones some credit for a win over Weidman.

I'm not going to accuse them of hiding but say you were GSP or Weidman and you went to LW (in GSP's case) or WW (in Weidman's case) after holding the belt a long time and people look back on what you did like 50 years later...... yeah, you'll look like a bully. A guy like BJ doing that can "get away" with it so to speak because it's pretty well known he PROBABLY should have been at 145 his whole career same with a guy like Caol Uno probably SHOULD have been at at least 135 his whole career.

Because he's a massive lhw, probably the biggest lhw ever.

People who clamor for fighters to move up/down a division have no idea how big that jump is in MMA. In boxing, it's not that huge of a deal, especially in the lighterweight classes. You can move up 3 divisions and still by in large be fighting the same guys, just 7lbs heavier/lighter. Only the jump from Light Heavyweight to Cruiserweight in boxing is greater than 15lbs. The jump between weight classes in boxing is between 4-8lbs.

In MMA, the jump is 10lbs at the lighter weight classes, then 15lbs when you go from Lightweight to WW, from WW to MW, from MW to LHW. And unofficially, since the average HW fights at 235 - 250, the jump from LHW to HW is roughly 35lbs.

This clamor for dominant champions to move up in division is fucking stupid and absurd because that's a huge jump that people who've never done anything remotely athletic or combat sports oriented have no idea what that entails. Especially at the highest level.

Back