• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is it sacrilegious to put steak sauce on a cooked steak or ketchup on fried eggs?

If you're going American you should go all the way with Whiz. Everyone knows that.

Nope sorry you've been outed. This is the kind of misinformation that leads people to believe that Pat's and Geno's have the best steaks.

Nope sorry you've been outed. This is the kind of misinformation that leads people to believe that Pat's and Geno's have the best steaks.

You've been outed. You're the guy who said he only likes steak one way.

You've been outed. You're the guy who said he only likes steak one way.

Nope you outed yourself.

You came into a thread about A-1 and went on a tagent about chip steak and prime rib talking in circles about random ways of cooking steak after saying that HJs are as good as BJs and that you hate gay people.

Nope you outed yourself.

You came into a thread about A-1 and went on a tagent about chip steak and prime rib talking in circles about random ways of cooking steak after saying that HJs are as good as BJs and that you hate gay people.

You're flustered. You should take some time off.

Boiling a steak unless it's part of a soup is plain gross. And there is a difference between blackened steak and overcooked steak. I still think A1 sauce is the best. If you like the natural flavor of steak so much then why put salt and pepper? Why not just eat it plain with no sauce or rub? Because it would be bland otherwise.

Boiling a steak unless it's part of a soup is plain gross. And there is a difference between blackened steak and overcooked steak. I still think A1 sauce is the best. If you like the natural flavor of steak so much then why put salt and pepper? Why not just eat it plain with no sauce or rub? Because it would be bland otherwise.

Salt actually helps you taste other things better.

Lol I'll remember to not put ketchup on my eggs ,even though I like it (del monte ketchup), in public any more. Seems like the general consensus is that your a disgusting person if you do.

Put whatever on your food; you're eating it. Enjoy!

Sure but realizing that most of us have been conditioned to think everything taste better with some sugary concoction poured over it and taking the steps to rediscover, or try for the first time foods without that is not bad thing. In the end go with what you like. But realize everything does not have to be drowned in sugar just because the big food companies want you to think that is the case and convinced your parents to do so since you were a child and now you think that is the only way.

dat garlic cream butter sauce man

lemoncello+ice+cream+-+Rosemary+STEAK+060.JPG

STEAK7.jpg

dat garlic cream butter sauce man

lemoncello+ice+cream+-+Rosemary+STEAK+060.JPG

STEAK7.jpg
See now this is a way to kick it up without erasing the core flavors. Garlic, butter and some herbs to baste in the skillitt will take that steak to another level.

I use A1 because I like it, I use ketchup because I like it. fin

First of all, i fucking hate when people quote that picture. Those are some fucking terribly cooked steaks, especially that medium rare. their method of cooking is so shitty, only 50% of that steak is actually medium rare, and I'd go as far as to say it's actually rare in the middle, well done on the outside.

When I cook my steaks, the ring of well done meat is absolutely minimal and that's how it should be.

That's how shitty restaurant cooks gauge their meat. Thickness does have a ton to do with it, especially if you cook it like they do in that picture. The feel of that medium rare will be a lot tougher than a well cooked medium rare.

That method is literally older than your mom and no self-respecting chef would teach or use it.

If you want to talk about consistency with cooking steaks in a restaurant, high end places will sous vide in controlled temperature baths to get the highest level of control.

So how do you cook your steak and tell if it is done? And it is impossible to cook a steak on the inside at the same rate you cook it on the outside with traditional methods i.e. a grill a skillet or under the broiler without finishing it in the oven which I think sucks.
So what's your badass method?

Cause that's fucking disgusting.

So how do you cook your steak and tell if it is done? And it is impossible to cook a steak on the inside at the same rate you cook it on the outside with traditional methods i.e. a grill a skillet or under the broiler without finishing it in the oven which I think sucks.
So what's your badass method?

Experience. I simply judge by the thickness of my steak (along with which cut) how long I leave it to finish in the oven. The thicker the steak, the lower the temp I use and the lower the temp, the longer I leave it in. Yes it is impossible for it to be the same, but you try to minimize the layer of well done shit meat with your cooking methods.

compare the shit pictures of butchered meat you posted to this

dsc_6405_550.jpg

That's a medium rare on a much thicker steak and the ring of garbage is virtually non-existent even with a nice sear.

Back