• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is it sacrilegious to put steak sauce on a cooked steak or ketchup on fried eggs?

Sorry dude the Denny's you had you grand slam steak and eggs at this morning was not made buy a chef.

Just about every single top steak house in every city I have traveled too has in house created steak sauces and marinades that are actually very good. They are good because they are created by good chefs. Depending on the type of steak and how it is prepared I even use it myself at times.

I understand it is the cool hipster thing to do by mocking but making massive generalized statements that is completely untrue just make you look silly hipster instead of a normal hipster. You don't want you black rimmed glasses revoked or your ironic facial hair now do you?

sauces can be great on steak.

A1 is not one of those sauces.

It is undeniable IMO that A1 is greatly overpowering as a sauce. You could put that stuff on a select piece of beef and a prime dry aged piece of beef and you probably could not taste the difference between the two. It's not a sauce that complements the meat; it masks it.

ketchup on eggs is pretty common. I will use A1 if the steak is on the well done side (ruined). I don't really like A1, but i'll use similar sauces like Peter Lugar.

It's frowned upon because steak is expensive and delicious and it's kind of like dumbing it down.

Only good reason to use A1 on a steak.

It's odd that you say this, because I think of HFCS as being a very flat, sweet taste. Cane sugar Coke has a much richer, fuller, "rounder" flavor profile than HFCS Coke. While I won't turn down a regular Coke when I'm having a burger or a hot dog, I prefer the original cane sugar in a bottle every time.

While it's not a chemically perfect analogy, its the difference in aroma between brown sugar versus highly refined white sugar. It's is definitely detectable.

The glass bottle is tricking you.

The glass bottle is tricking you.

Has nothing to do with it. I usually have mine over ice and I can blind taste test HFCS vs cane sugar within seconds. Even growing up as a kid, I knew Coke bought on US military posts tasted different from Coke bought locally.

In countries where they bottle Coke with HFCS or can Coke with cane sugar, I don't have a preference either way.

Has nothing to do with it. I usually have mine over ice and I can blind taste test HFCS vs cane sugar within seconds. Even growing up as a kid, I knew Coke bought on US military posts tasted different from Coke bought locally.

In countries where they bottle Coke with HFCS or can Coke with cane sugar, I don't have a preference either way.

You're the one who specifically mentioned the glass bottle. See what the glass bottle made you do? When I do drink soda I like it in a glass either very cold or over ice. As a container I prefer cans to plastic and glass bottles.

Do what you like but I typically reserve sauce for lower quality steaks/overdone steaks. If I have a quality piece of meat cooked medium rare then salt, pepper and some other spices are all I need and I let the meat do the talking.

Allergic to eggs so I can't comment on the ketchup thing (I hate ketchup anyways unless I use it as an ingredient to make my own sauce) but where I'm from people put ketchup on everything and having it on eggs is something I have seen thousands of times.

I understand it is the cool hipster thing to do by mocking but making massive generalized statements that is completely untrue just make you look silly hipster instead of a normal hipster. You don't want you black rimmed glasses revoked or your ironic facial hair now do you?
Having them and advocating the use of them are two different things. They will also cook your steak well done if requested. Restaurants have to appeal to the masses.

Also, I know it's the new cool thing to call someone a hipster. I'm about as far away from a hipster as can be imagined. You don't fucking know me so how about keeping your focus on the subject...

My girl's dad had us over for dinner on Saturday night and that man knows who to cook a ribeye. He buys a whole cut at Restaurant depot and ages it for 30-35 days before slicing it up and cooking it. Talk a bout a tender piece of meet.

Back