Why is Cheating 'Accepted' in MMA?

I don't like how the system that encouraged it and turned a blind eye to it because it made them money suddenly gets to play to good guy. They should share in the blame. Didn't even the UFC basically try to cover up Vitor's test results?

I have some empathy for fighters who felt like they had to do it in order to have a level playing field because so many other people were cheating. But I have nothing but respect for the guys that do it clean.

Plus I think TS is minimizing the damage to the reputation, suspensions, and fines. Silva may be allowed to fight again but it is hardly like the message has been it was ok. Besides, what others do shouldn't even matter as the clean fighter does it for himself.

If only MMA could take a page out of the Pride handbook and not test for anything.

No one gave a fuck what you were on back then because nothing was tested for.

There were virtually no PED threads going on at the time.
You are somewhat correct, Pride did not test for PEDs but did test for drugs like Cocaine and Marijuana

I don't like how the system that encouraged it and turned a blind eye to it because it made them money suddenly gets to play to good guy. They should share in the blame. Didn't even the UFC basically try to cover up Vitor's test results?

I have some empathy for fighters who felt like they had to do it in order to have a level playing field because so many other people were cheating. But I have nothing but respect for the guys that do it clean.

Plus I think TS is minimizing the damage to the reputation, suspensions, and fines. Silva may be allowed to fight again but it is hardly like the message has been it was ok. Besides, what others do shouldn't even matter as the clean fighter does it for himself.

If you think the UFC is bad, at least they can fall back on the idea that the purpose of their company is to make money, and brushing that under the rug helped them do that. Look at NAC and Anderson's delayed random test results for some really shady shit, given that NAC's purpose is to ensure fighter safety:

http://combatsportslaw.com/2015/02/04/ufc-183-doping-scandal-some-important-questions-for-the-nsac/

You are somewhat correct, Pride did not test for PEDs but did test for drugs like Cocaine and Marijuana
Coke, Marijuana, Opiates, and Barbituates to be precise. And, except for the 2 Vegas shows where 4 guys got popped, *NOTHING* else.

you already know

hqdefault.jpg

mma is so niche a sport that nobody outside cares

If you think the UFC is bad, at least they can fall back on the idea that the purpose of their company is to make money, and brushing that under the rug helped them do that. Look at NAC and Anderson's delayed random test results for some really shady shit, given that NAC's purpose is to ensure fighter safety:

http://combatsportslaw.com/2015/02/04/ufc-183-doping-scandal-some-important-questions-for-the-nsac/
True. I don't even know what the motivation was there. It's kinda sad but I just assume like 95% of businesses, organizations, government agencies, etc are incompetent, corrupt, or both. At least when it comes down to it's interactions with the general public.

maybe the fact he paid for his crime?
Besides, what do you want? he was not banned from MMA. As such, you crying because other people like him sounds a bit.... odd.

I want cheaters like him to never be able to fight again.. If fighters knew getting a positive test meant their career is over and not a BS year suspension, they wouldn't cheat

I want cheaters like him to never be able to fight again.. If fighters knew getting a positive test meant their career is over and not a BS year suspension, they wouldn't cheat
it's as asinine as claiming if every crime was punishable by death, no one would commit a crime...
No one commits a crime thinking they will get caught...

That's besides the fact that I do believe a lot of those who get caught made a mistake, and didn't take a forbidden substance to cheat.
Not saying it is everyone, nor I am saying this of Silva specifically.
But I bet you made a lot of mistakes in your profession. How would you like to lose your job for every mistakes you made?

Back