Why is Cheating 'Accepted' in MMA?

Why are fighters able to fight after they have failed drug tests for PEDs? Anderson Silva for example, is about to fight as if nothing ever happened and people will be cheering for him like any other fight.

His career means nothing at this point, he's a cheater and should never be allowed to fight again.

maybe the fact he paid for his crime?
Besides, what do you want? he was not banned from MMA. As such, you crying because other people like him sounds a bit.... odd.

Was hoping you were talking about eyepokes and fencegrabs.

Every eyepoke and fencegrab should be 1 point deducted. If the fighter cannot continue, he wins via DQ.

Current PED bans are sufficient imo.

How do you view fights like Silva v Hendo, Vitor, Bonnar, Griffin and Sonnen?

Diaz too i suppose.

Our society is way too forgiving of cheaters in general. It's a joke, we try to peddle this sportsman horse shit to our kids and make the exact opposite their idols. we favor winning over winning the right way. It's not just sports.

lolwut

You ever heard of Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds, and Roger Clemens? 4 of the greatest baseball players who ever lived and they were shit on like no other when PED usage came to light. Sosa, Clemens, and Bonds have pretty much been blackballed from baseball altogether. None of them will ever see the Hall of Fame. These are sports idols who weren't held to a different standard and these were some of the most famous athletes of all time, any MMA fighter's fame pales in comparison to these four.

You can even look at this very website to show the same is said for MMA fighters. Anderson Silva was considered the GOAT for the last decade, now any time there's a Silva thread it's flooded with posts talking about how none of his career should even count.

Was hoping you were talking about eyepokes and fencegrabs.

Every eyepoke and fencegrab should be 1 point deducted. If the fighter cannot continue, he wins via DQ.

Current PED bans are sufficient imo.

Just rewatched hunt werdum, i counted 7 fence grabs by werdum.

Lol the guy fails one drug test and all of a sudden his whole career means nothing. How many of your favorite fighters did Anderson smoke?

Zero, I don't support mediocre fighters.

I'm with TS. We need to create a scarlet letter for all the cheaters! It'll be a pair of Reebok shorts with the letter V written on it cause their guy who makes this design of shorts has fat fingers and a really small keyboard, so sometimes he mixes up C and V.

Why are fighters able to fight after they have failed drug tests for PEDs? Anderson Silva for example, is about to fight as if nothing ever happened and people will be cheering for him like any other fight.
His career means nothing at this point, he's a cheater and should never be allowed to fight again.

- they fight because they payed their fines and done the suspension time and took the media hits and took the naive fans hits (like you) and lost a good $ from inactivity and sponsors

- oh something happened alright, he got older and even more distant from his prime fighting shape and in terms of cheers yea he will still have fans and cheers but the naive ones will not be there

- his career is just the same minus the goofy people that don't understand how the world works, also why would you take away his right to work from him if his still able and willing and wanted
PS: the heck you think his opponents the other fighters did ? mostly if not all.. same playing field.. so this "legacy/career" talk is silly to put it nicely.

Interesting point of view... I wonder what other posters think about it.

Alright I'll have a go at it.

Our society is way too forgiving of cheaters in general. It's a joke, we try to peddle this sportsman horse shit to our kids and make the exact opposite their idols. we favor winning over winning the right way. It's not just sports.

To be a good sportsman is a good quality to have and has worth and importance.

Now you confuse sports with professional sports that's your mistake, in pro sports you have $$$ and when you have that you give a different type of importance and worth to what it means to get that win for you, for your family, for your colleagues, for your employees, for your bosses etc you can add and add.. the 'mini-universe' that is around you that affects you and them.. this is about putting food / shelter / healthcare at yours and theirs families table.

So take a step back and take a look and never confuse sports with pro sports.

Winning is important and sometimes maybe its even more important to have it any way you can get it if serious 'grown up / life and death, etc.' type of stuff is on the table.

On the the idea and promotion of 'idols' I'm not down with it at all, I think its wrong to put that into our children.

On morality and ethics again we can have debates over and over but we are in a MMA forum getting our kicks in for other type of reasons but I will leave you with this: 'against a samurai you fight like a samurai against a thief you fight like a thief'.

Let's have fixed fights again while we're at it

It's called WWE.

Whether steroids or not, you're getting real fights.

I believe the only fixed fight Pride had was Takada Coleman.

Because MMA started off as an every-man-for-himself freakshow with almost no rules, and that philosophy still pervades people's attitudes to it.

Most ped cases end up with a punishment in the end. I think it's more the crazy amount of unpenalized in cage fouls that are the problem of "Cheating being accepted". You're allowed at least 1 complimentary foul of any kind basically. Possibly 2 depending how the ref feels before reprecussions actually come in.

PEDS is pretty much a open secret to any professional athlete. The reason they deny any use is because of sponsorship and money. Seriously who gives a shit, PEDS takes a toll on the body if improperly used and abused so it's up to the fighter on his dosage amount and such.

Cheating is what the weak call the will to win at all costs.

I give him the benefit of the doubt seeing as he's never tested positive before and he was coming off a career-ending injury.

it was also his FIRST EVER random drug test, aka not the standard test that is nothing but a glorified IQ test.

Im sorry bro, but you may be a bit naive.

And for the record, I dont really care. In my opinion roids should be allowed to them to use.

there would be no mma if they ban people taking steroids except diablo diaz

i will boo him for cheating

Back