Why is Cheating 'Accepted' in MMA?

Our society is way too forgiving of cheaters in general. It's a joke, we try to peddle this sportsman horse shit to our kids and make the exact opposite their idols. we favor winning over winning the right way. It's not just sports.

Rousey's no sportsman... and no role model either.

Cause this is closer to WWE than a real sport. Just treat it like WWE and you will be fine.

Steroids dont make you move the way anderson did the man is one of a kind. TS is a stupid idiot most fighters use some kind of performance enhancing drug at some time.

Yes, I am sure the majority of MMA fighters are cheaters and barely anyone is doing it for competition and to be the best on merit. :rolleyes:

Steroids dont make you move the way anderson did the man is one of a kind. TS is a stupid idiot most fighters use some kind of performance enhancing drug at some time.
One of a kind? His technique is basic, at best. Get in touch with reality, in the scheme of things Anderson wouldn't even be an above average martial artist.

As a self proclaimed, Anderson Silva Fan boy, IDGAF if he cheated. I'm willing to bet that out of the 500 fighters, if WADA wasn't in place, 480 of them would be on an illegal substance. It's been plagued with steroids since the company started. It's your favorite fighters cheating ass, vs. my fighters cheating ass. That's the way it works. You all actually believe Weidman lost 20 pounds of mass just by not drinking beer? Walking around at 190, when he usually is over 200 pounds. That's stupid. They're all on something, or trying to find a way of not getting caught so they can take something.

Because it's all about entertainment. There will always be a minority of purists who regard mma as a pure sporting competition, but most of us lowly humans will gladly turn a blind eye to PEDs if that means watching Anderson Silva knocking out Griffin and Belfort the way he did.

He served his punishment, his legacy is going to be questioned for the rest of his life, and you best believe he's going to be tested more than other fighters. I don't see what taking away his livelihood is going to accomplish.

If anything society is often unnecessarily harsh on people who have served their time to pay back for their mistakes, only to have it forever loom over their heads.

And moreover people don't want to admit it but they would rather watch the cheaters. It's more entertaining. If Anderson Silva has been on steroid his whole career, I think most people would rather do it all over again as it was rather than see it clean.

Steroids saved baseball and if you really think football is clean, you're being naive. It's the unspoken rule.

Nobody is punished for doing roids and cheating. They're punished for being caught and putting the illusion at risk.

I see your point, and some things are changing for the better. But there will always be cheaters, always. It's the nature of competition.

Its because he didnt look very muscular when he cheated thats what really counts here in sherdog.

I actually agree with you, as far as I'm concerned, until he does it all again clean. Everything in his career up until now means nothing.

Lol the guy fails one drug test and all of a sudden his whole career means nothing. How many of your favorite fighters did Anderson smoke?

Why are fighters able to fight after they have failed drug tests for PEDs? Anderson Silva for example, is about to fight as if nothing ever happened and people will be cheering for him like any other fight.

His career means nothing at this point, he's a cheater and should never be allowed to fight again.

So either it's perfection or nothing? Life is a little more complicated than that kid. If your life was on public display I'm sure we could find all kinds of ways to disqualify you from having anything good.

Anderson was shamed and punished. Move on.

So either it's perfection or nothing? Life is a little more complicated than that kid. If your life was on public display I'm sure we could find all kinds of ways to disqualify you from having anything good.

Its not about perfection, its about you know.. Not being a cheating piece of shit

Why is it so hard to not cheat?

I don't believe that PED's play that heavily into you being a better fighter. AS is old and had a gruesome broken leg, I don't really hold anything against him if he took something questionable from his trainers in order to speed up his recovery a little bit.

The way I see it, they only give you a short term advantage...in the long run it takes a toll and that is punishment enough for taking that substance.

Because anyone whos not an idiot know that every sport the top athletes cheat. Hard.

It's because MMA has some stupid rules. Some people will blindly listen to authority and whine about ccheaters because they either don't have the brains to evaluate the rules or the balls to speak out against them.

Why are fighters able to fight after they have failed drug tests for PEDs? Anderson Silva for example, is about to fight as if nothing ever happened and people will be cheering for him like any other fight.

His career means nothing at this point, he's a cheater and should never be allowed to fight again.

Cheating is accepted because every fighter is doing it.

The sport is way younger than most of the others, and they are starting to get it right with bigger bans. Besides on the highest level there is cheating in most sports

Back