Why is Cheating 'Accepted' in MMA?

Anderson has taken a ton of shit, WTF are you talking about

Sam Alvey: "I think even in today's UFC most the guys today take them" when asked how many he replied ""I'm saying 90% ... Yeah, human beings don't look like this."
Joe Rogan: “The UFC and MMA in general is a steroid epidemic,”
Renzo Gracie: "Everybody in UFC is on steroids ... except Chris Weidman and Frankie Edgar"
GSP: "If we would do third-party tests, it would scare the steroid users and it would change the face of the sport. Trust me. Entire rankings would change. Whether people want to believe it or not, it's a huge problem."
Nate Diaz: "all these guys are on steroids, so you can’t be surprised when somebody pops up on steroids, you know? You should be surprised when people aren’t on steroids"
Brendan Schaub: "there's just no reason everyone shouldn't take steroids. There's just not. In the UFC there's no reason"
Nick Diaz: "“Most fighters for the most part, they like to do steroids,”

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/6/21/8...percent-of-ufc-roster-is-on-steroids-peds-mma
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/ufc-commentator-joe-rogan-ufc-and-mma-in-general-is-a-steroid-epidemic
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/3/12/8...eroids-except-chris-weidman-frankie-edgar-mma
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/1...-ufc-third-party-drug-testing-program-adopted
http://www.cagepotato.com/nate-diaz...onsors-fighters-wouldnt-be-able-survive-fina/
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/2/1...res-no-reason-not-to-take-steroids-in-the-ufc
http://www.mmanews.com/nick-diaz-fighters-like-steroids/

Because it is hard to stay in shape all year when you are fighting at most 2x a year. In most other sports you have to stay active most days in a year.

Why are fighters able to fight after they have failed drug tests for PEDs? Anderson Silva for example, is about to fight as if nothing ever happened and people will be cheering for him like any other fight.

His career means nothing at this point, he's a cheater and should never be allowed to fight again.

Because MMA fans recognise that if they were to suddenly stop supporting fighters who took PED's that would pretty much involve no longer supporting every hero they had grown up following.

If you are going to hold a grudge against fighters who took PED's you pretty much have to remove the entire history of MMA from your mind.

However, there is a cutting off point, a point a which people think its no longer ok to take PEd's.

Different fans will have different ideas of where that cut off point is, some may have it a couple of years ago and therefore why they dont like Silva being active, some may have the cutoff point at last July, or last October, or January 1st this year, some may apply the cutoff just to active fighters and give everyone from the past who has retired a pass, some have no cutoff point.

My own personal cutoff point is to an extent active fighters. If you get caught now then sorry, your legacy is gone, you dont have me as a fan. But, people do make mistakes a lot also depends on how they conduct themselves in regards a positive test, to they hold their hands up, say i cheated , I made a mistake or do they drag the case out for six months and put up a ridiculous defence.

Personally, I assume that anyone from the early days of the UFC (100 and prior), Pride etc was on steroids. I dont hold it that much against them, there were no tests and if you gonna put temptation in peoples way they gonna take it.

Why are fighters able to fight after they have failed drug tests for PEDs? Anderson Silva for example, is about to fight as if nothing ever happened and people will be cheering for him like any other fight.

His career means nothing at this point, he's a cheater and should never be allowed to fight again.

1. I don't support PED use, but neither do I support draconian punishments for PED use. When it becomes so difficult to catch and prevent cheaters that you need to punish the few you do catch in an overly harsh way, it makes sense to consider whether it is reasonable to question whether the existing prevention policy makes sense.

2. Silva's legacy definitely took a ding the way he lost to Weidman twice, was busted for steroids on his return and then disgraced himself with his petty excuses to the commission all seemingly in a row. But to say his career meant nothing is not just wrong but stupidly wrong. He was one of the greats.

3. Fighters aren't allowed to fight as if nothing happened. Silva had a win nullfiied and then was forced to serve a lengthy suspension. Your post is comprehensively wrong.

Anderson is so over with MMA fans that they don't care.

Because MMA fans recognise that if they were to suddenly stop supporting fighters who took PED's that would pretty much involve no longer supporting every hero they had grown up following.

If you are going to hold a grudge against fighters who took PED's you pretty much have to remove the entire history of MMA from your mind.

However, there is a cutting off point, a point a which people think its no longer ok to take PEd's.

Call me when we reach that point.

For the censors, I'm not refering to the UFC, but how many top MMA fighters don't look like, (at least until USADA and no IV's), they're eating some good horse meat?

I've been lifting on and off for most of my life. Go into your average gym, How difficult is it to pick them out? Eventually most admit to it. It's an ugly reality, but couch fans are the only ones that are uninformed enough to ignore it.

Last edited:
Silva tests positive once = he cheated his whole career? I say not. No proof, no prize.

Why is cheating accepted in bodybuilding? Now that's the real question.

I think era does play a huge part though

was it acceptable to take ped's ten years ago
was it acceptable to take ped's five years ago
is it acceptable to take ped's now
will it be acceptable to take ped's in five years time

the answers might all be different.

Call me when we reach that point.

For the censors, I'm not refering to the UFC, but how many top MMA fighters don't look like, (at least until USADA and no IV's), they're eating some good horse meat?

I've been lifting on and off for most of my life, and go into your average gym. How difficult is it to pick them out. Eventually most admit to it. It's an ugly reality, but couch fans are the only ones that are uninformed enough to ignore it.

Ive certainly reached that point in my own mind.

Doping in 2016 for me is unnacaptable
Doping in 2010, i can live with

Ive certainly reached that point in my own mind.

Doping in 2016 for me is unnacaptable
Doping in 2010, i can live with

I respect that it may be unacceptable for you, however Professional sports and technology do what they do, despite our ethical objections.

You think that's bad.

You should see the cheats in Nascar.

In the words of the great Anderson Silva "You get caughty, no more fighty. Thassit."

If only MMA could take a page out of the Pride handbook and not test for anything.

No one gave a fuck what you were on back then because nothing was tested for.

There were virtually no PED threads going on at the time.

I would challenge you to find another big sports organization that doesn't have a prior cheater on it

If only MMA could take a page out of the Pride handbook and not test for anything.

No one gave a fuck what you were on back then because nothing was tested for.

There were virtually no PED threads going on at the time.
Let's have fixed fights again while we're at it

Our society is way too forgiving of cheaters in general. It's a joke, we try to peddle this sportsman horse shit to our kids and make the exact opposite their idols. we favor winning over winning the right way. It's not just sports.
LOL fucking idiot! u show your kids two grown ass men beating the shit out of each other and u want them to be their idols???? so sad when u cant even parent your kids and show them what to do but instead try to show them fighters to imitate...

Back