Why is BJ Penn called the Prodigy?

From Wiki:

The 3 years to get his bb is what I had always heard as the reason.

Bah fuck wikipedia, if you have to look there don't answer. It was because his coach called him that, after 3 years he won like the world championship as a NON BRAZIL guy to win it. I could be wrong, but i know AP started calling him that because he is a BJJ freak, and it was scary how he could dominate guys without little effort.

He is back with his old coach for this camp at Nova Unioa(sp) as well

I don't know TS. All I remember is Baby Jay saying something in the promo leading up to the Rory Mac fight about will see who the real prodigy is.

You saw what happened. Everyone saw what happened.

The BJ hate is strong in this one

Bah fuck wikipedia, if you have to look there don't answer. It was because his coach called him that, after 3 years he won like the world championship as a NON BRAZIL guy to win it. I could be wrong, but i know AP started calling him that because he is a BJJ freak, and it was scary how he could dominate guys without little effort.

He is back with his old coach for this camp at Nova Unioa(sp) as well

Generally, Wikipedia is BS... but in terms of his medal count, years he competed, etc... it's accurate.

The real reason he was coined the Prodigy is:

1: He won Silver in the Blue Belt division with less than a full year of training
2: He won Bronze in the Brown Belt division with less than two full years of training
3: He won Gold in the Black Belt Division with less than three full years of training
4: Won Gold without having his guard passed a single time, nor having a single point scored against him

All of this, and knocking out 2 of the top 5 LWs in less than three minutes combined.... by age 22.

Back