Why is 4 weeks away considered "out of competition"?

What if I don't have a 'training camp'? You'd need to define a 'training camp' vs regular training. If I have a fight 6 months away, and train 3 days a week am I part of a training camp? If I only start to train two days before a fight is that my whole camp?

'Training camp' doesn't actually mean anything. It's not a specific time period or event, just a broad term for training prior to an announced fight.

You also need to understand if you want 'training camp' to be considered in-competition (let's say you mean it as 8-weeks prior to the fight) the competitors cannot take any pain killers for headaches, nocold/flu medications, they can't drink etc. They'd need to live a perfectly clean life 2 months prior to a fight. That would be very expensive for ACs to test for and kinda unfair to the fighters.

Its not as difficult a problem to solve though.

1. A fighter Has to apply for a license before a set amount of time. After its approved they're considered in competition

2. If a fighter needs medication because they're sick, fill out a medical exemption form. Just write down what medication you're taking and might show up in a test.

3. Don't screen alcohol until 20 hours before the fight, just like they do now for recreational drugs.

4. Don't do illegal shit within that time frame ya goofs

Weed isn't a performance enhancer either yet it's still illegal to have in the system in competition. Hell too much coffee can cause you to fail a test. Over the counter medication can too.

And that's what makes it weirder because weed takes longer to leave the system you can smoke a bowl like 3 weeks before a fight and fail a post fight test but you can do blow less than a week before the fight and probably be fine come piss time. That's kind of an issue I think.

Though honestly, I don't really care if a fighter does a bump or lights up a huge blunt during their camp. I just personally find it strange how the commission handles it and the UFC as well.

A. If cocaine was in his system "during competition", they would have the same issue.
B. Weed doesn't stay in your system as long as you think. Unless you are a habitual user and have a high body fat %. It'll be out of your system well before 3 weeks.
C. The only difference in how they've handled it is if it would still be in their system come fight time. Either way, prior to competition, I dont care if he was doing blow out of a hooker's ass 3 weeks prior. It's not an AC issue, it's a UFC ethics and law enforcement issue at that point

Its not as difficult a problem to solve though.

1. A fighter Has to apply for a license before a set amount of time. After its approved they're considered in competition

2. If a fighter needs medication because they're sick, fill out a medical exemption form. Just write down what medication you're taking and might show up in a test.

3. Don't screen alcohol until 20 hours before the fight, just like they do now for recreational drugs.

4. Don't do illegal shit within that time frame ya goofs

Except that it's expensive as all shit to test fighters for everything.

You could also make the argument that it's an invasion of privacy ie. why is it the ACs business if I take st. john's wort? It's not classified as a performance enhancer. You can also imagine the screw ups with someone filing their forms so they can take an aspirin for their migraine, but then having them misplaced prior to testing.

But mainly it's just expensive as all shit to test people.

What they have now works fine. Why would it matter if I got popped for weed 4 weeks prior to a fight, but was clean on fight night?

A. If cocaine was in his system "during competition", they would have the same issue.

Except that it's expensive as all shit to test fighters for

okay I'm going to be real with you guys, I've had a bit much to drink and I feel like I'm talking out of my ass on this and have no idea what point I'm trying to make.

Fair enough and good game. Maybe I'll be back when I'm making more sense.

Good night and happy New years.

okay I'm going to be real with you guys, I've had a bit much to drink and I feel like I'm talking out of my ass on this and have no idea what point I'm trying to make.

Fair enough and good game. Maybe I'll be back when I'm making more sense.

Good night and happy New years.

Tooroo.

Back