• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is 28 Days later so special?

Probably because most people have only seen that movie, as far as zombie movies go.

I think you would be surprised just how few horror movies and zombie movies especially normal/average people have seen

if its the only one that they have personally seen/know of its what they are going to mention.

Came out before the Zombie theme got totally over played. So while there were a few classics out there it was still pretty original. But now Zombies have been done so much they boring.

Tell me what I'm missing, why do you consider 28 days later to be one of the best of its genre .

All opinions welcome.

'28 Days Later' is overrated and even its sequel '28 Weeks Later' is an improvement over it.

Too bad we're probably never going to see '28 Months Later.'

Ah, so confirmed racist then.

That's hediculous!

I will show two pics, one of Chinese ethnic another of Korean ethnic, I'm sure none of you can even differentiate the two.

Cy2ic_CXUAA5b4f.jpg

4.-the-Mohawk-Korean-Hairstyles.jpg

Then you take a movie like Hell, which is really well done. But in Hell, the shitty human aspect is the whole movie. That's the whole point.

This is a good recommendation. Very good film indeed.

30 Days OfNight FTW.

Vampire /= Zombie

It's like you don't know your mythical creatures.

I'm glad after 100 posts about zombie films, no one even mentioned World War Z even after naming other "fast paced" zombies films.

28 days later is great. 28 weeks later was fucking awful though.

Top 5 score for the horror movie genre if you ask me. I'll give it at least that much.

The theme is iconic.

It captured the desolation of a wiped out population in a post-apocalypse film better than most movies in that genre. It really felt like there was no one left. It also had a realism and seriousness about it instead of being campy, that made it more impactful when a character you were following would get infected and turn.

I don't know if it's my favorite zombie flick, but it's great. The recent Train To Busan was also awesome.

Well put. Every other zombie movie I've seen has been laughable.

28 days later had much better atmosphere and tension because it was believable. I generally dislike horror movies and I think zombies are among the silliest fads. .

The fact that people in this thread will bring up Shawn of the dead as a superior movie just shows how juvenile the category is . Sotd is a fine movie but its clearly a comedy. It's a parody of the genre whereas 28 days was more a mature exploration of the theme of zombies/undead.

Best zombie movie I've ever seen, but i haven't seen many

This is a good recommendation. Very good film indeed.

Vampire /= Zombie

It's like you don't know your mythical creatures.

I'm glad after 100 posts about zombie films, no one even mentioned World War Z even after naming other "fast paced" zombies films.

That film was fucking terrible...

Top 5 all time worst novel adaptations.

Almost as bad as Congo

Almost as bad as Congo

I never read the novel. I'm more of a picture guy than word guy.

Except for The Silence of the Lambs and Let The Right One In.

{<jordan}

You think train to Busan is better than 28 days later?

That shit was an average movie with some cheesy ass over the top acting.

Almost as bad as Congo
It really was awful with the exception of the overhead shot after the massacre in the snow.

28 days later basically changed the way we view zombies and that's why so many people love it.

See here is why I don’t understand people’s opinions. Another silly Korean movie gets praise. Just like The Host and Snowpiercer, which both sucked. Busan was better, but again with the silly buffoonery and overacting. 28 days later had the scariest monsters, they ran and were vicious AF. The setting was cool, as was the cast. It was a slow burn, but in an apocalyptic environment, that’s how it would be. I thought it was great. And I don’t hate foreign horror...love Rec and Ringu.

Back