Why hasn't Dana and Lorenzo reached out to the Randleman family and offer help?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The family had to be reduced to starting a go fund me page? Come on man. I know how it works. Unfortunately my mother passed away at age 51 from cancer 3 months ago. We started a go fund me to help cover expenses and I was almost brought to tears for how generous some people were. A typical funeral costs about 20k to 25k. Meaning u get a plot and a tombstone etc. For my mom we had to go a cheaper route and go with cremation. Cremation is about half the price as a typical casket burial. But the funeral is still the same. Picture slide show. Flowers. Access to the forrest lawn church etc.

Why didn't Dana and Lorenzo call up the family and say "Do you need any help?" $$$ wise. I plan to donate 20 bucks or so to the go fund me act. And I didn't even know Randleman personally. And on top of that. I don't make a lot of money at all. 20k to LORENZO Fertita is like 20 dollars to me. And Lorenzo and Dana actually know this guy. KEVIN never burned bridges either and dragged UFCS name through the mud either.

It just goes to show you that these douche bags who run the UFC only care about their god. That God being money. I hope they rot in eternity. It seems the only time they even attempt to help a fighter out is when they can get something out of him. Like when Rampage went on his little Rampage. Dana was quick to help there because Rampage was one of their bigger stars and a draw. Just total scumbags at Zuffa.

It's just a prime example or a microcosm of how bad the fighters get screwed over by Zuffa. From the Reebok deal to the low ball offers. It sucks. I won't support a company like this. So feel free to bootleg UFC ppvs and all of their content. In fact I highly encourage it. Then go out and support your favorite fighter by buying a sponsor they have outside the UFC and their bullshit Reebok deal. That's what u do if you're an mma fan and fan of the true heroes. The fighters.

I don't know why I'm so salty over this. I was hoping for a silver lining and to see some good in people. Yes Even in Dana and Lorenzo. But I was disappointed. I mean that would have been such a huge positive story if Zuffa came out and either donated a nice chunk of cash towards Randlemans expenses or covered the whole thing. Who knows. There is still time. Maybe Dana trolls this website and would read this. Maybe has a change or heart.

I get your sentiment, but it's not really their problem as harsh as that sounds. They don't really have an obligation to do that for him even though it seems like the obvious thing to do.

Why didn't they help out Coleman with his hip a while back? (Maybe the ended up doing so and I didn't hear about it)

The family had to be reduced to starting a go fund me page? Come on man. I know how it works. Unfortunately my mother passed away at age 51 from cancer 3 months ago. We started a go fund me to help cover expenses and I was almost brought to tears for how generous some people were. A typical funeral costs about 20k to 25k. Meaning u get a plot and a tombstone etc. For my mom we had to go a cheaper route and go with cremation. Cremation is about half the price as a typical casket burial. But the funeral is still the same. Picture slide show. Flowers. Access to the forrest lawn church etc.

Why didn't Dana and Lorenzo call up the family and say "Do you need any help?" $$$ wise. I plan to donate 20 bucks or so to the go fund me act. And I didn't even know Randleman personally. And on top of that. I don't make a lot of money at all. 20k to LORENZO Fertita is like 20 dollars to me. And Lorenzo and Dana actually know this guy. KEVIN never burned bridges either and dragged UFCS name through the mud either.

It just goes to show you that these douche bags who run the UFC only care about their god. That God being money. I hope they rot in eternity. It seems the only time they even attempt to help a fighter out is when they can get something out of him. Like when Rampage went on his little Rampage. Dana was quick to help there because Rampage was one of their bigger stars and a draw. Just total scumbags at Zuffa.

It's just a prime example or a microcosm of how bad the fighters get screwed over by Zuffa. From the Reebok deal to the low ball offers. It sucks. I won't support a company like this. So feel free to bootleg UFC ppvs and all of their content. In fact I highly encourage it. Then go out and support your favorite fighter by buying a sponsor they have outside the UFC and their bullshit Reebok deal. That's what u do if you're an mma fan and fan of the true heroes. The fighters.

I don't know why I'm so salty over this. I was hoping for a silver lining and to see some good in people. Yes Even in Dana and Lorenzo. But I was disappointed. I mean that would have been such a huge positive story if Zuffa came out and either donated a nice chunk of cash towards Randlemans expenses or covered the whole thing. Who knows. There is still time. Maybe Dana trolls this website and would read this. Maybe has a change or heart.

Have you seen any texts back and forth between Dana/Lorenzo and the Randleman family?

Ps. Sorry to hear about your mother, hope you're all doing a bit better.

how do you know they didn't? not everyone needs to make a donation public. is there some announcement out there that they specifically said "nope i ain't helpin' shit" that I am not aware of or something?

They should, but the UFC is cheap cheap.

How are you so positive that neither did? I would think it to a large degree just for PR purpose if they made a "media" event from support point of view.

Hey everyone, look at us, we are great caring folk(s) here in the Zuffa/ UFC family.

Would you buy that? Yes, I agree, they should help, and hopefully they did, and just didn't go out of their way to cheapen it by going all public.

Any financial help that they provide is for the family of Kevin. If you are not part of his family, I don't understand why you think that Dana and Lo should post on Sherdog how generous that they are!

lol dana does not give a fuck about his fighters dude. don't think any different. they are his employees and nothing more

how do you know they didn't? not everyone needs to make a donation public. is there some announcement out there that they specifically said "nope i ain't helpin' shit" that I am not aware of or something?
I was posting my normal "long winded post" while you beat me to it.

Great point, and I couldn't agree more.

He only fought for the ufc seven times during around four years...He fought way more for Pride, why isn't this thread about Sakakibara?

lol dana does not give a fuck about his fighters dude. don't think any different. they are his employees and nothing more

I have sent flowers and or contribution to EVERY G.D. F'ing employee that has ever worked for me when they had a death in the family.

I guarantee Dana and Zo have hundreds if not thousands of times more money than I do. My company "thankfully" never had ANY push back on this expense.

Have you honestly reached puberty kid?

I wouldn't call Randleman "his fighter". Randleman only fought twice for the Zuffa owned UFC.

How are you so positive that neither did? I would think it to a large degree just for PR purpose if they made a "media" event from support point of view.

Hey everyone, look at us, we are great caring folk(s) here in the Zuffa/ UFC family.

Would you buy that? Yes, I agree, they should help, and hopefully they did, and just didn't go out of their way to cheapen it by going all public.

Any financial help that they provide is for the family of Kevin. If you are not part of his family, I don't understand why you think that Dana and Lo should post on Sherdog how generous that they are!
I don't think Zuffa gave shit. If they did. They would have announced it. And if they didnt announce it themselves. The family most likely would have thanked Zuffa for being generous and supportive in this time of need. Kevin was a UFC heavyweight champion. A legend no doubt. Arguably a UFC hall of famer. He's not Danny Abodi or Andy Wang. Kevin was very influential in the success of MMA and helped build it up. Especially in UFC.

He only fought for the ufc seven times during around four years...He fought way more for Pride, why isn't this thread about Sakakibara?
Seven times for UFC and only twice for Zuffa owned UFC. He fought as many times for pre-Zuffa Srtikeforce much more recently, is there a thread about Coker having to chip in?

Why didn't they help out Coleman with his hip a while back?

I find the Coleman situation much more cut and dry. He sacrificed his body for the sport, and as a result was fucked up. From my understanding, this is not the case wtih Kevin.

I don't see why they DON'T help out after a tragedy like this happens, even if not for selfish gain like good publicity. Look at Coleman though, just goes to show these guys don't give two shits about you. Not saying they have too, but like fuck come on guys, have a little bit of compassion for those that helped build. They'd rather put that money into hiring gold medalists to protect their current investment though.

Dana doesn't give a shit about anybody. The fighters are starving, yet he spent thousands on buying fake snow to put on his Vegas home, lol.

Seven times for UFC and only twice for Zuffa owned UFC. He fought as many times for pre-Zuffa Srtikeforce much more recently, is there a thread about Coker having to chip in?

Zuffa now owns Strike force and Pride. So there has to be some kind of ownership from Zuffa. It's like if a company buys out another company. Does that company not give a shit about the employees they just absorbed? Zuffa owns a lot of fight library footage of Randleman and his fights. No memorial? Nothing on UFC.com? That wouldn't cost them a red cent to put his go fund me on their website. And have one of their video editors spend 2 hours of his life creating a little Randleman Montage. I mean youtubers would do that shit for free!!! But would get taken down by Zuffa.

Back