Why hasn't Dana and Lorenzo reached out to the Randleman family and offer help?

The family had to be reduced to starting a go fund me page? Come on man. I know how it works. Unfortunately my mother passed away at age 51 from cancer 3 months ago. We started a go fund me to help cover expenses and I was almost brought to tears for how generous some people were. A typical funeral costs about 20k to 25k. Meaning u get a plot and a tombstone etc. For my mom we had to go a cheaper route and go with cremation. Cremation is about half the price as a typical casket burial. But the funeral is still the same. Picture slide show. Flowers. Access to the forrest lawn church etc.

Why didn't Dana and Lorenzo call up the family and say "Do you need any help?" $$$ wise. I plan to donate 20 bucks or so to the go fund me act. And I didn't even know Randleman personally. And on top of that. I don't make a lot of money at all. 20k to LORENZO Fertita is like 20 dollars to me. And Lorenzo and Dana actually know this guy. KEVIN never burned bridges either and dragged UFCS name through the mud either.

It just goes to show you that these douche bags who run the UFC only care about their god. That God being money. I hope they rot in eternity. It seems the only time they even attempt to help a fighter out is when they can get something out of him. Like when Rampage went on his little Rampage. Dana was quick to help there because Rampage was one of their bigger stars and a draw. Just total scumbags at Zuffa.

It's just a prime example or a microcosm of how bad the fighters get screwed over by Zuffa. From the Reebok deal to the low ball offers. It sucks. I won't support a company like this. So feel free to bootleg UFC ppvs and all of their content. In fact I highly encourage it. Then go out and support your favorite fighter by buying a sponsor they have outside the UFC and their bullshit Reebok deal. That's what u do if you're an mma fan and fan of the true heroes. The fighters.

I don't know why I'm so salty over this. I was hoping for a silver lining and to see some good in people. Yes Even in Dana and Lorenzo. But I was disappointed. I mean that would have been such a huge positive story if Zuffa came out and either donated a nice chunk of cash towards Randlemans expenses or covered the whole thing. Who knows. There is still time. Maybe Dana trolls this website and would read this. Maybe has a change or heart.
HOw do you know that they haven't? And if a funeral costs $20,000; don't have the funeral. Especially if the person didn't have insurance. There is no reason to increase the pain.

HOw do you know that they haven't? And if a funeral costs $20,000; don't have the funeral. Especially if the person didn't have insurance. There is no reason to increase the pain.
You have a funeral to remember the person by. You don't have their body just taken to the state morgue like some animal at a dog pound. There are cheaper alternatives. Like I said. Cremation is cheaper. Probably about 8 to 10k for a cremation funeral. My mom didn't want to be cremated when she was alive. But she also didn't want to be a financial burden on us. Thanks to the generous friends and family we have. We were able to cover my mom's funeral costs quite easily.

True. But also he was never a Pride Champion. In the UFC he was. I'm not saying they are OBLIGATED to ANYTHING. But I think it'd be an awesome sentiment and probably a blessing for the family if the UFC decided to help, or pay it off.. one thing, they should always respect their fighters and former fighters. It's another that they should ALWAYS help an pay for their former champions.
That's true, but that was before Zuffa bought the UFC.

What a self entitled thread!!

Any organization that PAID HIM TO FIGHT helped him by giving him a contract and paying him to fight, he then blew his money on NOT HIS FAMILY.
His family knew he was blowing money on drugs and such. Why didn't they step in? Why didn't they go out and get a job like I have to?

This is the problem with people now!! Cry when someone does not make it easy for them. Go on web forums and blast people and talk shit!!

How about TS and all those who agree with him, get the fuck off the forums, get a 2nd or 3rd job and take those earnings and send it to the Randlemans?
I bet you have a reason why you shouldn't!!

It is a damn shame a talent like Randleman went down his dark road and life ended short!! But for fuck sakes people!!

giphy.gif

And the reason why I doubt UFC gave a red cent to Randlemans family is that on their news feed on UFC.com. There is no mention of Randlemans passing. Yet other sites like Sherdog and bloody elbow. It's all over the place. I guess I would believe it more if they even acknowledged his fucking death!! if they sent his family some money in secret. That's wishful thinking to the 10th power.

1) maybe they are, i dunno. (2) maybe they don;t want to do it so often that people expect it of them whenever an mma fighter is in trouble.

Dana and Lorenzo don't even have to give a red cent in order to help. They could have a news feed of Kevins passing. They own all the footage of his UFC, Srtikeforce and Pride fights. Have one of their jack off video editors create a little 3 minute Montage of KR. Put it on ufc.com. put it on their ufc youtube channel and have them link the go fund me account. Boom. That would be better than Dana secretly sending the Randleman family a check for 2000 dollars. It would get a lot of xposure and more ppl would donate I'm sure.

Does no one have life insurance in the states?
We have life insurance but it's a pain in the ass to collect. Contrary to popular belief. Insurance companies don't like paying out claims. Crazy I know. It's been 3 months+ since my mom's passing and the insurance company still hasn't paid up on my mom's life insurance policy. Still waiting.

Because they don't care even a little bit about their fighters, current or former.

Why hasn't Coker reached out to the Randleman family? Or Sakikabara with his yakuza money?

Jesus people, why use an actual tragedy as a vehicle to bitch on the internet about someone you don't even know?

Fucking vultures

UFC have like 500 fighters on the roster. How many fighters have come through UFC over the years? I have no idea, must be 10,000 guys with at least one fight. They are all going to die eventually. Do you want Dana to give them all money when they die?

Back