Why hasn't Dana and Lorenzo reached out to the Randleman family and offer help?

UFC doesnt support its active fighters why would they support nonactive ones?

They will be forced into a pension fund and so on eventually.

Let them enjoy the snow in their driveways while they can, you goof.

You can always tell how poor someone is based on their anger towards those with money.

Not sure why the TS is promoting theft under the guise of social justice. We have no idea if Dana/Lorenzo reached out to Randleman's family or not. Regardless it's pretty rare for companies of any kind to throw money at families for personal losses. You might get a near useless amount of money from co-workers, but the actual company usually doesn't contribute anything.

Also, if the average funeral runs 20-25k then I am waaaay out of touch. My mother got a perfectly good church service and cremation for just a couple thousand dollars and had her ashes dropped in the ocean off of Diamond Head for free.

The system is definitely rigged in favor of the wealthy, but generally speaking in America you can still do pretty well with hard work, education and being careful with your finances.

I don't know what you're getting at. But yes. A lot of the people at my mom's former place of employment did donate a bunch of money to my mom's funeral. And she didn't technically work for them for years!!!! She got too sick and was forced to quit. I think my mom was already like 4 years removed from the last place she worked at and they donated some money. They loved my mom. But when someone gets sick and can't work anymore. You obviously can't stay employed anymore.

Just so we're clear, Randleman was fighting for Zuffa for a grand total of a single year. And that was 14 years ago. There's no way your mother's boss 14 years ago donated any money. In fact I'd doubt any of her bosses did. Coworkers, sure, due to friendships developed.

Probably because the UFC isn't here to give people handouts. Also, Dana and his buddies only respects people who can make money for them.

Just so we're clear, Randleman was fighting for Zuffa for a grand total of a single year. And that was 14 years ago. There's no way your mother's boss 14 years ago donated any money. In fact I'd doubt any of her bosses did. Coworkers, sure, due to friendships developed.

Lmao. Using your average, everyday situation in comparison to high level athletes, in a ppv model and in the entertainment industry is pretty bad. I am not saying they should give him money but these two are not even remotely under the same category. Bad, bad, bad.

because they are not under any moral let alone contractual obligation to do so. the may but they don't have to.

The Coleman situation WAS a lot more cut and dry... he had made north of 100k in disclosed pay for every pride fight, hell, he was even making 50/50 in his last few fight with the ufc at age 50 or therabouts.

But instead of paying off his house, investing modestly, and purchasing adequate health insurance, he, by his own admission, spent ALL his money on steroids, hookers and alcohol.

I didn't know any of that. Well now it appears the UFC wasn't really in the wrong for not helping either out. Sad but true I guess.

Zuffa now owns Strike force and Pride. So there has to be some kind of ownership from Zuffa. It's like if a company buys out another company. Does that company not give a shit about the employees they just absorbed? Zuffa owns a lot of fight library footage of Randleman and his fights. No memorial? Nothing on UFC.com? That wouldn't cost them a red cent to put his go fund me on their website. And have one of their video editors spend 2 hours of his life creating a little Randleman Montage. I mean youtubers would do that shit for free!!! But would get taken down by Zuffa.

So I write software for a company, then went on somewhere else. I got paid and they have been using it for years and still do. 10 years later something happens to me. Now why the fuck would they help me out???? I dont expect companies I worked for years ago to drop everyhting and help my family out in a time of need, why should they?

Kevin fought exactly twice for the UFC under it's current ownership of Zuffa which was formed and purchased the company in January 2001. He then left and went to Pride their main competitor and later Strikeforce. I suppose they owe him a few million dollars for this?

This whole topic is fairly dumb. But it should be pointed out that the “average” funeral most certainly does not cost $20k-$25k. I’ve been there (and we didn’t have a charity set up for us), that’s a gross exaggeration.

This is why you purchase term life insurance when it is offered to you. It helps protect your family in case of your untimely death. Randleman did not plan accordingly and it is on him.

Back