Why hasn't Dana and Lorenzo reached out to the Randleman family and offer help?

Wow, we're already at "It's Dana and Lorenzo's fault"? And how do you know they haven't?

He only fought for the ufc seven times during around four years...He fought way more for Pride, why isn't this thread about Sakakibara?

True. But also he was never a Pride Champion. In the UFC he was. I'm not saying they are OBLIGATED to ANYTHING. But I think it'd be an awesome sentiment and probably a blessing for the family if the UFC decided to help, or pay it off.. one thing, they should always respect their fighters and former fighters. It's another that they should ALWAYS help an pay for their former champions.

It doesn't work like that anywhere in life let alone the UFC.

If you passed away whatever company you are working for currently are NOT going to send your family money. Not to mention Randleman was an ex-employee.

Not how the world works. How much does Roger Goodell give to broke ass ex NFL players, or their families if they die?

Also, if you can't afford a 20-25k funeral, don't have one. Shit like that is why people end up broke.

Did your ex-boss offer to cover the costs?
I don't know what you're getting at. But yes. A lot of the people at my mom's former place of employment did donate a bunch of money to my mom's funeral. And she didn't technically work for them for years!!!! She got too sick and was forced to quit. I think my mom was already like 4 years removed from the last place she worked at and they donated some money. They loved my mom. But when someone gets sick and can't work anymore. You obviously can't stay employed anymore.

You could say this about anybody in need against anybody with money, really.

Why don't the top ten richest people in the world send us all 1000$?

Not how the world works. How much does Roger Goodell give to broke ass ex NFL players, or their families if they die?

Also, if you can't afford a 20-25k funeral, don't have one. Shit like that is why people end up broke.
That's why the world is one giant cesspool today. But compared to other parts of the world. American companies and people are the most generous in a time like this. You go to the third world. No one gives a shit about anybody. That's why they tend to stay in poverty and stay in third world conditions. You start caring about people and putting people first. You can build a better society. A society that is better for all. Even the ultra rich. The minute u only care for yourself. Is when shit goes bad. Total selfishNess.

The family had to be reduced to starting a go fund me page? Come on man. I know how it works. Unfortunately my mother passed away at age 51 from cancer 3 months ago. We started a go fund me to help cover expenses and I was almost brought to tears for how generous some people were. A typical funeral costs about 20k to 25k. Meaning u get a plot and a tombstone etc. For my mom we had to go a cheaper route and go with cremation. Cremation is about half the price as a typical casket burial. But the funeral is still the same. Picture slide show. Flowers. Access to the forrest lawn church etc.

Why didn't Dana and Lorenzo call up the family and say "Do you need any help?" $$$ wise. I plan to donate 20 bucks or so to the go fund me act. And I didn't even know Randleman personally. And on top of that. I don't make a lot of money at all. 20k to LORENZO Fertita is like 20 dollars to me. And Lorenzo and Dana actually know this guy. KEVIN never burned bridges either and dragged UFCS name through the mud either.

It just goes to show you that these douche bags who run the UFC only care about their god. That God being money. I hope they rot in eternity. It seems the only time they even attempt to help a fighter out is when they can get something out of him. Like when Rampage went on his little Rampage. Dana was quick to help there because Rampage was one of their bigger stars and a draw. Just total scumbags at Zuffa.

It's just a prime example or a microcosm of how bad the fighters get screwed over by Zuffa. From the Reebok deal to the low ball offers. It sucks. I won't support a company like this. So feel free to bootleg UFC ppvs and all of their content. In fact I highly encourage it. Then go out and support your favorite fighter by buying a sponsor they have outside the UFC and their bullshit Reebok deal. That's what u do if you're an mma fan and fan of the true heroes. The fighters.

I don't know why I'm so salty over this. I was hoping for a silver lining and to see some good in people. Yes Even in Dana and Lorenzo. But I was disappointed. I mean that would have been such a huge positive story if Zuffa came out and either donated a nice chunk of cash towards Randlemans expenses or covered the whole thing. Who knows. There is still time. Maybe Dana trolls this website and would read this. Maybe has a change or heart.
How do you know for a fact they have, or haven't reached out?

That's why the world is one giant cesspool today. But compared to other parts of the world. American companies and people are the most generous in a time like this. You go to the third world. No one gives a shit about anybody. That's why they tend to stay in poverty and stay in third world conditions. You start caring about people and putting people first. You can build a better society. A society that is better for all. Even the ultra rich. The minute u only care for yourself. Is when shit goes bad. Total selfishNess.
Assuming that you currently have a job, if you passed away and your family was in need do you really think your company will send them money?

Cmon guys, lets all work together and find ways to help the billionaires keep their wealth.

I find the Coleman situation much more cut and dry. He sacrificed his body for the sport, and as a result was fucked up. From my understanding, this is not the case wtih Kevin.

The Coleman situation WAS a lot more cut and dry... he had made north of 100k in disclosed pay for every pride fight, hell, he was even making 50/50 in his last few fight with the ufc at age 50 or therabouts.

But instead of paying off his house, investing modestly, and purchasing adequate health insurance, he, by his own admission, spent ALL his money on steroids, hookers and alcohol.

Dana and the Fertitta's are not the types to go donate some money on a go fund me page.

Dana and the Fertitta's are the types that put money in an employees hand and make them drive to Kevin Randlemans wife's house in California and deliver the money in person.

The family had to be reduced to starting a go fund me page? Come on man. I know how it works. Unfortunately my mother passed away at age 51 from cancer 3 months ago. We started a go fund me to help cover expenses and I was almost brought to tears for how generous some people were. A typical funeral costs about 20k to 25k. Meaning u get a plot and a tombstone etc. For my mom we had to go a cheaper route and go with cremation. Cremation is about half the price as a typical casket burial. But the funeral is still the same. Picture slide show. Flowers. Access to the forrest lawn church etc.

Why didn't Dana and Lorenzo call up the family and say "Do you need any help?" $$$ wise. I plan to donate 20 bucks or so to the go fund me act. And I didn't even know Randleman personally. And on top of that. I don't make a lot of money at all. 20k to LORENZO Fertita is like 20 dollars to me. And Lorenzo and Dana actually know this guy. KEVIN never burned bridges either and dragged UFCS name through the mud either.

It just goes to show you that these douche bags who run the UFC only care about their god. That God being money. I hope they rot in eternity. It seems the only time they even attempt to help a fighter out is when they can get something out of him. Like when Rampage went on his little Rampage. Dana was quick to help there because Rampage was one of their bigger stars and a draw. Just total scumbags at Zuffa.

It's just a prime example or a microcosm of how bad the fighters get screwed over by Zuffa. From the Reebok deal to the low ball offers. It sucks. I won't support a company like this. So feel free to bootleg UFC ppvs and all of their content. In fact I highly encourage it. Then go out and support your favorite fighter by buying a sponsor they have outside the UFC and their bullshit Reebok deal. That's what u do if you're an mma fan and fan of the true heroes. The fighters.

I don't know why I'm so salty over this. I was hoping for a silver lining and to see some good in people. Yes Even in Dana and Lorenzo. But I was disappointed. I mean that would have been such a huge positive story if Zuffa came out and either donated a nice chunk of cash towards Randlemans expenses or covered the whole thing. Who knows. There is still time. Maybe Dana trolls this website and would read this. Maybe has a change or heart.

I think they did help him but they don't want to make it public because then they will have to do it for any former good ufc fighter who died.

True. But also he was never a Pride Champion. In the UFC he was. I'm not saying they are OBLIGATED to ANYTHING. But I think it'd be an awesome sentiment and probably a blessing for the family if the UFC decided to help, or pay it off.. one thing, they should always respect their fighters and former fighters. It's another that they should ALWAYS help an pay for their former champions.
I can agree with that. It's not like every fucking case Zuffa has to come in to save the day. It goes on a case by case basis. When Mark Coleman needed hip surgery. That wasn't life or death for Mark. And maybe Zuffa felt that Mark could most likely take care of himself and fund raise his own surgery. Ok. i get it . It would have been nice if Zuffa helped but not obligated.

Let's say another scenario where Randleman was caught dead in his hotel room after a drug overdose. I can understand Zuffa saying "Hey he did this to himself." I can understand the rationalization.

You guys are getting ripped off if it cause 20-25k for a funeral?

I full service funderal is about 3000 pounds ($5000) in the Uk and Ireland

I don't think Zuffa gave shit. If they did. They would have announced it. And if they didnt announce it themselves. The family most likely would have thanked Zuffa for being generous and supportive in this time of need. Kevin was a UFC heavyweight champion. A legend no doubt. Arguably a UFC hall of famer. He's not Danny Abodi or Andy Wang. Kevin was very influential in the success of MMA and helped build it up. Especially in UFC.

I would feel bad if they didn't do something for Danny or Andy too. I am not saying that they should cover the entire expense of the funeral costs. I would be utterly SHOCKED if they didn't send "flowers" or some "Contribution in lieu of" for a death in the immediate family of every fighter that has every graced the Octagon.

I had 7,000 employees in my company. If every single employee had two deaths in the family and we did ~ $20 that is still under $280,000. Zuffa/ UFC has been around for how long?

I doubt that they have as many employees as my company.

I will bet you that the janitor that works for the UFC mopping the floors in the UFC HQ gets this from Zuffa/ UFC upon a D.I.T.F.

The dude that won TUF that's father died while the season was being filmed got him "special treatment".

I think the main "issue" is the level of support given. Many would say $20 or a flower basket from Zuffa/ UFC is nothing. I disagree.

I don't see why they would take on 100% of the financial obligation of a funeral for any UFC fighter and or their family.

I don't know if Kevin's family would go out of their way to "blast" Zuffa/ UFC if the general corporate funeral contribution was what was given.

They shouldn't. It would make them look "petty". I also don't see them taking out a personal add thanking the company for the standard.

I will say that some of my employees wrote me a personal "thanks" for contributing, and or HR department. I can't recall any ever going "public" on the company sending our thoughts and best wishes.

Dana and the Fertitta's are not the types to go donate some money on a go fund me page.

Dana and the Fertitta's are the types that put money in an employees hand and make them drive to Kevin Randlemans wife's house in California and deliver the money in person.
I hope that's what they did. It would be nice if they did in fact do that. But I don't know. Doubt it

Believe it or not but every ufc fighter will die someday. That's a lot of grief.

OP...you don't know if they did or didn't, you THINK they didn't. You THINK they didn't because they haven't put out a press release or held a press conference telling the world that they're helping someone that needs help? Since you THINK they didn't you get all up in arms and start what sounds like a SJW campaign against them and your whole campaign platform is they haven't told you they're helping? It's okay to feel upset about his death, I feel bad too. I enjoyed watching him fight but seriously, I feel like the tone of your post kind of makes you come across as someone who would have called them assholes for capitalizing on the death of Randleman to drum up publicity for the UFC if they would have had a press release about it.

Back