Why Doesn't Nick Diaz Comeback, Destroy Matt Brown, And Get A Title shot?

Nick Diaz would be a horrible matchup for Matt Brown.

Every time I've seen him hurt it's with body shots and Diaz is arguably the best body puncher in MMA.

Brown would still take it and go down like a Viking but it'd be fun while it lasted.

Yeah, Diaz is realistically one convincing win away from a title shot. I don't understand why he doesn't just take a fight and earn it.

He's not far off a title shot still.. I love the guy.. But he needs to win a fight or two or three to earn it.

agreed. i came to say the same thing...

Everyone confused as to why Nick wouldn't take this fight hasn't really been paying attention.

If it sounds like it makes sense Nick isn't doing it.

LOL at "destroy Matt Brown"

LOL at you thinking otherwise. Nick would smack him around and you know it. It'd look like Nick's Strikeforce days. You wanna brawl with Nick, you're going to get your ass beat, it's that simple.

hint: because he can't win, and only wants a title shot for the bigger payday.

in this day and age how can anybody think its alright to go 1-2 in the ufc and be one fight away from a title fight having never held a title in the ufc before and having 2 top 10 wins over Paul Daley and Marius Zaromskis?

Matt Brown is actually the perfect fight for Nick Diaz. Brown won't try any gameplan bullshit and he has a glass body so Nick could easily finish him with body shits.
Maybe he was kicked really really really fucking hard to the body by Erick Silva? Maybe that's the reason he fell from a body shot? Erick Silva hits like a mack truck.

As a converted Diaz Fan, I too am annoyed by this. The man has stated he doesn't like fighting. He asked for $500,000 per fight because it's literally he's ceiling for being able to say no to something he doesn't like to do.

I would LOVE to see Nick fight again, but only if he wanted to.

I would tend to agree with the bold part of your post.

Anyone who is being honest can tell Diaz didn't want to be in the Octagon against GSP. He still had brief moments of success too. It's sad to contemplate what could have been. It was only a little over a year ago and it already feels like much longer with both of these great fighters retired.

I think we missed out on a great fight and we're missing out on many more now. But like you said Nick doesn't want to fight any more and he's more than earned a retirement.

Matt Brown is actually the perfect fight for Nick Diaz. Brown won't try any gameplan bullshit and he has a glass body so Nick could easily finish him with body shits.

I was seriously irked at the Condit fight. I was expecting FOTY with all the talking he was doing and instead basically fought like a point-fighter. It wasn't the fact that Condit won that upset me, it was just his bitchass "gameplan" to win.

He seems to expect to get things his way. But all he would need to do is beat Matt Brown on a FOX card, get fans clamoring for him, and he would be getting his money and title shot. He really doesn't have to worry about Matt Brown not coming to fight, so what's the holdup?

I'm pretty sure he's made it clear e wants $250000 to fight. Quite frankly he should get more. Matt Brown should get $250000 a fight. Why is everyone hating on the Diazs for basically trying to get fighter paid what they are worth.

What the fuck is with you people and Nick getting title shots?

How about Nick EARNS a title by stringing some wins together first?

Im with you man. These nick diaz nut swinging fans are out of control. If nick wants a title shot, win some fights then MAYBE he will get a title shot.

Legend has it that Matt Brown becomes stronger each time you punch him, and for a volume puncher like Nick Diaz, that could be bad news, as you'd see the strongest Matt Brown ever, a man with the strength of 12 men.

I don't think fecal matter will beat browne

"The UFC wants me to fight. The people want me to fight. I don't want me to fight. So if we're going to need me to fight, we're going to have to work out the right deal."

That's why.

"The UFC wants me to fight. The people want me to fight. I don't want me to fight. So if we're going to need me to fight, we're going to have to work out the right deal."

That's why.

Was this before or after he showed up to the weighins for Hendricks?

Either way, Nick making sense again.

What the fuck is with you people and Nick getting title shots?

How about Nick EARNS a title by stringing some wins together first?

He'd probably be stripped of his belt anyway due to inactivity because he'd never be interested in defending it.

as sad as it is, we all prefer to watch Diaz than Brown or Hendricks and if 0-2 streak Diaz fought 7-0 streak(I think) Brown and beat him, he would have a titleshot. that's how self promotion works. that's why nobody(or very few) gives a fuck about Barao and Aldo while a titlefight involving Sonnen or Diaz, no matter how undeserved, will do over 500,000 buys. if the 2 Nova Uniao destroyers learnt english and were talking non stop shit, they'd be selling too.

Was this before or after he showed up to the weighins for Hendricks?

Either way, Nick making sense again.

is that Koscheck in your av?

Back