Why Doesn't Nick Diaz Comeback, Destroy Matt Brown, And Get A Title shot?

I would tend to agree with the bold part of your post.

Anyone who is being honest can tell Diaz didn't want to be in the Octagon against GSP. He still had brief moments of success too. It's sad to contemplate what could have been. It was only a little over a year ago and it already feels like much longer with both of these great fighters retired.

I think we missed out on a great fight and we're missing out on many more now. But like you said Nick doesn't want to fight any more and he's more than earned a retirement.

Thats because he knew he had no chance of winning and only wanted a pay day. Don't kid yourself with this "what could have been" bullshit. Nick has lost every time he has stepped up to a elite WW and he always will

He seems to expect to get things his way. But all he would need to do is beat Matt Brown on a FOX card, get fans clamoring for him, and he would be getting his money and title shot. He really doesn't have to worry about Matt Brown not coming to fight, so what's the holdup?

because beating matt brown does not equal getting a title shot? lol

Was this before or after he showed up to the weighins for Hendricks?

Either way, Nick making sense again.
Well after.

Here's the full interview, the article is from April 9th of this year:
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/9...-never-loved-fighting-i-never-wanted-to-fight

Some real gems in here:
"I'm not in love with fighting. I never was. That's crazy. I don't love to fight; I don't want to fight. I get my ass beat more when I win a fight than when I lose. I know you don't want to get your ass beat. I feel the same way. I feel the exact same way about retirement. I could give a f*ck."

He wants money and fame on his terms, and he's not willing to negotiate.

as sad as it is, we all prefer to watch Diaz than Brown or Hendricks and if 0-2 streak Diaz fought 7-0 streak(I think) Brown and beat him, he would have a titleshot. that's how self promotion works. that's why nobody(or very few) gives a fuck about Barao and Aldo while a titlefight involving Sonnen or Diaz, no matter how undeserved, will do over 500,000 buys. if the 2 Nova Uniao destroyers learnt english and were talking non stop shit, they'd be selling too.

is that Koscheck in your av?

Anyone who thinks Nick VS Hendricks would do over 500,000 is completely delusional. Sonnen's last title shot did only 550,000 and it was against Jones, plus Sonnen pulls much bigger numbers then Nick

Anyone who thinks Nick VS Hendricks would do over 500,000 is completely delusional. Sonnen's last title shot did only 550,000 and it was against Jones, plus Sonnen pulls much bigger numbers then Nick

Diaz on the main event alone will do 499,000 buys, all Hendricks has to do is get the other 1,000 and that's it. Pretty simple.

Diaz on the main event alone will do 499,000 buys, all Hendricks has to do is get the other 1,000 and that's it. Pretty simple.

youre_serious_futurama.gif

The "Matt Brown has a glass body" talk is ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure he's made it clear e wants $250000 to fight. Quite frankly he should get more. Matt Brown should get $250000 a fight. Why is everyone hating on the Diazs for basically trying to get fighter paid what they are worth.

From that aspect, whys everyone hating on the UFC for paying a fighter what he agreed to get paid? It makes all the sense in the world to ask for more...when you have leverage. In Nate's case, 1/3 wins on his new contract doesn't give him much power at the bargaining table.

At the end of the day, they don't need these two and at this rate, nobody will care much about them...you think a year from now, they're still maintaining their top 10 status? Nope, they'll be worth even less.

Gentlemen, at least take a fight and put on a great performance and then try to hit the negotiating table. This whole attitude is just childish like the little kid who says "I'm taking my toy away because you don't wanna play with my rules"

the problem is that nick is only interested in a hendricks fight or a pay raise to guarantee him at least $500,000.

if he was to headline a PPV, he'd get his $500,000 without the UFC having to give him a restructured contract. the problem is, he isn't going to main event a PPV unless it's for the title. he could co-main against anyone and he could main event on a non-PPV card, but wouldn't get his $500,000.

unless there's an injury. the UFC should just stick to their guns and let him sit out. if some injury comes up, then i wouldn't mind him stepping in to face hendricks down the road.

to get back on track. nick won't fight brown. he won't face rory, lombard or even rematch condit.

Diaz hates fighting, doesn't like getting his ass kicked. So he's not fighting anymore. Incredibly simple answer.

he doesn't deserve to fight matt brown.

This, right here. How does a guy who got beat convincingly in his last two fights and his only win at 170 since 2011 is against a guy who will be fighting at 145lbs get to fight in a title eliminator? The guy needs to learn that he has to shut the fuck up and put work in, or get the fuck out.

I don't know why he wouldn't come back for a fight with Matt Brown, he seems like the easiest stylistic match up of the top 10 guys. He's a brawler like Nick but I don't think he's quite as good though he's got better footwork but he's been submitted a lot for a top 10 fighter.

Nick Diaz loves fighting agressive stand up fighters with questionable submission defense, they are his easiest match ups.

I'm pretty sure he's made it clear e wants $250000 to fight. Quite frankly he should get more. Matt Brown should get $250000 a fight. Why is everyone hating on the Diazs for basically trying to get fighter paid what they are worth.

Everyone should be getting around $250,000 a year at minimum (that's less than half the minimum yearly payout for an NFL rookie who sits on the bench). That's what Diaz deserves, the minimum yearly pay out.

It would be an interesting fight, but seriously neither of them would deserve a title shot with a win.

I would tend to agree with the bold part of your post.

Anyone who is being honest can tell Diaz didn't want to be in the Octagon against GSP. He still had brief moments of success too. It's sad to contemplate what could have been. It was only a little over a year ago and it already feels like much longer with both of these great fighters retired.

I think we missed out on a great fight and we're missing out on many more now. But like you said Nick doesn't want to fight any more and he's more than earned a retirement.

mmhm anyone that has follows nick diaz should know he didnt want too be there that night

Back