Why doesn't Hillary release the transcript of the speeches she gave Wallstreet honchos

Sure I am.
Now, regarding your use of the word, describe how what happened amounts to bribery.
Be specific.

heya Overpressure, live long and prosper!

here you go;

The Swiss bank UBS is one of the biggest, most powerful financial institutions in the world.

As secretary of state, Hillary Clinton intervened to help it out with the IRS. And after that, the Swiss bank paid Bill Clinton $1.5 million for speaking gigs. The Wall Street Journal reported all that and more Thursday in an article that highlights huge conflicts of interest that the Clintons have created in the recent past.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...pays-bill-15-million-in-speaking-fees/400067/

that's a specific example, but to speak in a broader sense, don't you think its reasonable to be uncomfortable when someone who seeks to be POTUS has been paid a quarter million dollars for a speech from an institution that she'll one day be tasked to regulate?

if a judge at a UFC event was to have received millions of dollars for giving speeches from a fighter that they were going to render judgement on in an upcoming fight....wouldn't that strike you as rather unkosher?

i'm just talking about the optics of it.

- IGIT

here you go;

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...pays-bill-15-million-in-speaking-fees/400067/

that's a specific example, but to speak in a broader sense, don't you think its reasonable to be uncomfortable when someone who seeks to be POTUS has been paid a quarter million dollars for a speech from an institution that she'll one day be tasked to regulate?

if a judge at a UFC event was to have received millions of dollars for giving speeches from a fighter that they were going to render judgement on in an upcoming fight....wouldn't that strike you as rather unkosher?

- IGIT
Fair point.
I just can't look at things in terms of optics anymore. Being a high office politician is all optics, to be sure. Will sit down and look at that link later on, with thanks.

LOL because she is a two faced bitch, if i was American i would vote for Trump over her.

Go Sanders.
I come from a Dem family who voted for Clinton twice and Obama twice.
I voted for Nader in 2000 and Obama in 2008 and 2012.

I won't be picking Hillary but I know my familt is voting for Hillary and still has a high opinion of her, but then again they are not news junkies like me.

Why is getting paid to speak suddenly wrong?
Not wrong per se but Hillary is running for the highest office and there has been much criticism of Wallstreet and the big banks , and rightly so. These paid speeches calls into question her corruption (perceived or real) and how she will deal with Wallstreet.
If Hillary was a motivational speaker like Tony Robbins, no one would care but when you are running for elected office it matters.

Have you got anything, anything at all?

Nah, we are supposed to believe that a lawyer and career politician holds financial knowledge that nobody at Goldman Sachs have.

We are also supposed to believe that the House of Saud are such philantropists and that all the money they spend on charity has no political goal whatsoever.

How naive are you?

here you go;

- IGIT

Thats just a wild coincidence and since the law says its not a bribe, then its not a bribe. /overpressure

Not wrong per se but Hillary is running for the highest office and there has been much criticism of Wallstreet and the big banks , and rightly so. These paid speeches calls into question her corruption (perceived or real) and how she will deal with Wallstreet.
If Hillary was a motivational speaker like Tony Robbins, no one would care but when you are running for elected office it matters.
I'll have to go over the link IGIT provided, and see if I think it "rises to the level".
I'd be very curious to know if any relevant GOP folks are " guilty " of the same thing though.

Nah, we are supposed to believe that a lawyer and career politician holds financial knowledge that nobody at Goldman Sachs have.

We are also supposed to believe that the House of Saud are such philantropists and that all the money they spend on charity has no political goal whatsoever.

How naive are you?
How much irrelevant shit are you find throw at the wall, hoping some will stick?
Bill had sex with that woman, you know.

How much irrelevant shit are you find throw at the wall, hoping some will stick?
Bill had sex with that woman, you know.

Irrelevant sit? seriously man?

Yes, we are to believe that Hillary carries a larger fee than fucking Taylor Swift and we are also to believe that there is no coincidence between Hillary bailing a Swiss bank and then getting paid 1.5 million to go an speak to that bank.

Ill give you a B for effort at trolling.

It's not about special knowledge, it's about the prestige of having certain people speak at one of your events. Or do you think that commencement speakers, many of whom receive 6 figure fees for their hour long speeches, convey any real knowledge to the graduating class?

Irrelevant sit? seriously man?

Yes, we are to believe that Hillary carries a larger fee than fucking Taylor Swift and we are also to believe that there is no coincidence between Hillary bailing a Swiss bank and then getting paid 1.5 million to go an speak to that bank.

Ill give you a B for effort at trolling.
And I'll give you an A for assertions without evidence.
You're just smearing, based on how you choose to see a circumstance.

And I'll give you an A for assertions without evidence.
You're just smearing, based on how you choose to see a circumstance.

What kind of evidence do you want? Hillary coming forth and saying that she accepts money in exchanges for privileges?

It's not about special knowledge, it's about the prestige of having certain people speak at one of your events. Or do you think that commencement speakers, many of whom receive 6 figure fees for their hour long speeches, convey any real knowledge to the graduating class?

There are far more relevant people they could bring to speak at a financial institution.

There are far more relevant people they could bring to speak at a financial institution.
There are for more relevant people they could bring to commencement than some of the people they bring on for 6 figures. It's not about special knowledge for this sort of thing. It's about prestige and feeling important. They'd bring the pope to talk if they could. If you looked through Goldman Sach's other speakers for similar events, I'd bet they'd be similarly fluffy.

You don't bring hour-long speakers in to train people or convey knowledge. You have actual seminars and programs for that, and an hour is not long enough. You bring them in to boost ego.

Last edited:
What kind of evidence do you want? Hillary coming forth and saying that she accepts money in exchanges for privileges?
You made an assertion. Back it up.
I very much doubt you have anything more than assertion.
And spare me some shit tier conservative outlet.

Back