Why Doesn't Every Car Come With A Breathalyzer?

Tell me how date rape could be curbed. You know, down to a practicality and science, in which drunk driving could be curbed.

I'll wait...

Cameras in all dorm rooms in frat houses would go a long way dontchathink. WHeres all this college date rape goin down at ? Its not perfect but itll make a dent.

But this isnt really about date rape or even drunk driving to me its about big brother intrusion which im starting to think you dont understand.

Come to think of it date rape and drunk driving have a lot in common why dont we just ban the booze ? How far are you willing to go for some safety my man ?

Cameras in all dorm rooms in frat houses would go a long way dontchathink. WHeres all this college date rape goin down at ? Its not perfect but itll make a dent.

Nope. Still open to interpretation. Drunk driving is not. At least not on an absolute scale.

"Drunk" can be scientifically determined. Sexual assault can not.

I repeat, TERRIBLE COMPARISON.

Think about it for a second. Drunk driving is rampant and always has/will be. We always hear about the government implementing new methods to stop it. Whether it be RIDE programs, increased fines, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Why the hell don't manufacturers of motor vehicles stop it at the source? We have a seat belt to stop us from flying through the windshield. We have strategically placed cup holders that stop our hot coffee from spilling on our laps. We have a fucking computer we can talk to if we ever get lost. How in the shit can't we stop drunk driving? I mean, what the fuck?

The technology is there. It's not that expensive. It's not perfect of course, but it would eliminate a lot of loners driving drunk. And in all reality, loner drunks are the most likely to take the chance. How is this not solved by now?

What say you Sherdog?
Some folks have asthma.

Nope. Still open to interpretation. Drunk driving is not. At least not on an absolute scale.

"Drunk" can be scientifically determined. Sexual assault can not.

I repeat, TERRIBLE COMPARISON.

No it just flew over your head like a paino. I was just pointing out to you that other forms of intrusive activities can also be undertaken to make us safer and I was trying to tell you back to your original point why I dont want that crap on my car. We can dance as long as you like im not busy but were going in a circle and your not grasping what im trying to say to you

3592-Its-A-Breathalyzer-Not-Alcohol-Old-Man.gif

I like this idea. Everyone hates drunk drivers. Make people accountable. Sounds like a thread full of people who love to put on a good show of faux outrage in every thread involving drunk driving, but kind of want to do it just every once in a while themselves - because you all know your limt and calling a cab is just too damned inconvenient... Right?

i've had one on my ride for th elast year. Bout to get it taken off but if i ever reverted back to drinking and driving i would get it installed again willingly. Biggest problem is that if you go hard at some strong liquor it can stay on your breath for like 14 hours after your last drink. You could be hung over but basically sober but your ass aint going anywhere. Plus have to not use mouth wash for like half hour before going to drive and make sure you rinse out well. Ive blown over the .08 limit just by rinsing out my mouth with mouth wash 10 minutes earlier.

Because doing this would do the opposite of make car manufacturers money. I can just see the commercials now "you know your friends at Ford will never force you to have an an interlock device in your vehicle, because AMERICA. Buy Ford"

Think about it for a second. Drunk driving is rampant and always has/will be. We always hear about the government implementing new methods to stop it. Whether it be RIDE programs, increased fines, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Why the hell don't manufacturers of motor vehicles stop it at the source? We have a seat belt to stop us from flying through the windshield. We have strategically placed cup holders that stop our hot coffee from spilling on our laps. We have a fucking computer we can talk to if we ever get lost. How in the shit can't we stop drunk driving? I mean, what the fuck?

The technology is there. It's not that expensive. It's not perfect of course, but it would eliminate a lot of loners driving drunk. And in all reality, loner drunks are the most likely to take the chance. How is this not solved by now?

What say you Sherdog?[/QUOTE
Ok Hitler, please tell me the BAC level at which I am too drunk to drive.
In a lot of US States, the level is 0.8, but that is too low. That level says I can only have about 2 pints and then I cannot drive.
I should be able to have closer to 3-4 pints.
When I was drinking more often, I could have 6-7 pints over the course of 3 hours and still be sober enough to drive, but the BAC would have easily tested over the limit.

How about all those women on cell phones and driving - they are more dangerous in my opinion.

Date rape example is terrible.

Drunk Driving can be prevented way easier than date rape. So many variables with date rape. Drunk driving is simple. Don't be stupid.

only way to stop date rape is to install retina scanners on clits

If all of the companies in all of the world collectively did it, it'd be a thing that's not THAT expensive.

I live in the 2nd most drunk city in the US. I UBER the fuck everywhere.

What if I wanted to drive on private property?

If all of the companies in all of the world collectively did it, it'd be a thing that's not THAT expensive.

I live in the 2nd most drunk city in the US. I UBER the fuck everywhere.
Thing is it would never ever happen without government intervention. Car companies won't increase pricing to add a feature that not only isn't being requested, but would actually piss off a decent percentage of customers. Companies that chose not to participate would jump on this as a marketing opportunity, the auto industry is pretty competitive. It would have to be forced on auto manufacturers by the government, and the auto lobby would most likely prevent that. The government likes making money off of DUIs anyway.

Back