Why Doesn't Every Car Come With A Breathalyzer?

Think about it for a second. Drunk driving is rampant and always has/will be. We always hear about the government implementing new methods to stop it. Whether it be RIDE programs, increased fines, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Why the hell don't manufacturers of motor vehicles stop it at the source? We have a seat belt to stop us from flying through the windshield. We have strategically placed cup holders that stop our hot coffee from spilling on our laps. We have a fucking computer we can talk to if we ever get lost. How in the shit can't we stop drunk driving? I mean, what the fuck?

The technology is there. It's not that expensive. It's not perfect of course, but it would eliminate a lot of loners driving drunk. And in all reality, loner drunks are the most likely to take the chance. How is this not solved by now?

What say you Sherdog?

Why stop there how bout a blood test for dope? And I mean we have the technology and it would be inexpensive lets put a few cameras in every house to make sure theres no rapes or dometic violence goin on. While were at it lets just have everyone call in to a police officer and check in once an hour cuz we phones are cheap and that would probably cut down on minor crimes.

I betcha with enough big brother implements you could usher in a utopia.

Think of the number of politicians that have not one but multiple d.u.i.s, whose going to write this into law?

Why would it be punishing anyone who doesn't drink and drive? All you have to do is blow and start. It's quite logical. That's like arguing that a seatbelt is punishing those who don't plan on getting into an accident.

Why would you be punished you just pee on this censor to show the whip your not on dope ....

what stops people from disabling it?

Easy...DNA & rectal scanner combo, just to get into the 256 bit encrypted mainframe that's behind a ten thousand ton vault that's in the trunk that uses flesh-light to extract a semen sample, while simultaneously doing a facial recognition scan of your unique f#ch face....cant hake it.

Why stop there how bout a blood test for dope? And I mean we have the technology and it would be inexpensive lets put a few cameras in every house to make sure theres no rapes or dometic violence goin on. While were at it lets just have everyone call in to a police officer and check in once an hour cuz we phones are cheap and that would probably cut down on minor crimes.

JonStewartSnap.gif~c200

Why stop there how bout a blood test for dope?

Gee, I don't know. Maybe because it's drunk "DRIVING", you numpty.

I don't give a fuck if you get drunk. Have at it. I do. I love drinking. Hell, I'm drunk right now. However, this whole "getting behind the wheel while fucked up" thing, is solvable.

If you're on the defense for drunk driving, I'm just going to assume you're a drunk driving piece of garbage.

It's because there is too much revenue that comes from drinking and driving. Michigan is one of the worst states for it. I had gotten a DUI about 10 years ago (lesson learned btw) I had gotten it dropped to an impaired, because my record was clean, and it still cost me close to $3000. A friend of mine had gotten 2 DUI's and he spent over $20,000 on his second one alone.

Since drunk driving tickets have been plummeting in Michigan they came out with the super drunk law. If you get pulled over and blow over a .17 you face double the penalties. What the ts said makes perfect sense, but the states make to much money off of DUI's. It's 10% public safety and 90% business.

Last edited:
Gee, I don't know. Maybe because it's drunk "DRIVING", you numpty.

I don't give a fuck if you get drunk. Have at it. I do. I love drinking. Hell, I'm drunk right now. However, this whole "getting behind the wheel while fucked up" thing, is solvable.

If you're on the defense for drunk driving, I'm just going to assume you're a drunk driving piece of garbage.

Well youd be wrong I just dont want a piece of hardware harassing me every time I get in the car. I was also just running with your idea about all the things we can do to be safer as a society.

I think the road to hell is paved with good intentions is my main problem but way to talk that good shit and disparage my character

Why would it be punishing anyone who doesn't drink and drive? All you have to do is blow and start. It's quite logical. That's like arguing that a seatbelt is punishing those who don't plan on getting into an accident.

Don't bring up prohibition like it even qualifies for this. That's ridiculous.

Im not sure why youre so mad but I wish ya peace of mind.
Even now vehicles start without being buckled up.
I believe in free will and freedom more than safety. So while I disagree with any idiot that drived impaired I still believe it should be on them, their responsibility. If they kill themselves, its one less fool. If they tragically kill someone else frankly they deserve the consequence and sincere condolences to the family of the dead. Choice and innocent until proven guilty is very important.
Like a poster above said what you propose is one step closer to big bro safety over freedom. Im not cool with that at all.
Also mentioned in this thread the things arent tamper proof or glitch proof. Think of the scenario where youre out in the woods, theres no cell reception and someone youre with is impaled on a branch. Its at this moment your breathalyzer decides to glitch out and buddy bleeds to death cause of a technical fuckup.
Knowing the consequences of ones actions is all the deterrent people should have imo. This coming from someone who is personally heavily against driving impaired and alcohol in general.

in Oz if you get caught drink driving you have to have one installed

Well youd be wrong I just dont want a piece of hardware harassing me every time I get in the car.

Too late. Seat belt. You just don't notice it, because it's routine. My car beeps if I don't have that shit buckled. Annoying as fuck, but I get it. And that's just a strap that glues me to the seat if by chance I get in a crash.

Breathalyzer...doable.

But then shouldn't we also install some form of device that can also tell if a person is high on something as well; cant be discriminating against alcoholics only imo.

Too late. Seat belt. You just don't notice it, because it's routine. My car beeps if I don't have that shit buckled. Annoying as fuck, but I get it. And that's just a strap that glues me to the seat if by chance I get in a crash.

Breathalyzer...doable.

Yea guess what im against the seat belt law and think the car beeping at me is absurd. I think the belt law is more about giving the cops one more reason to pull you over and print money than it is about safety.

You see safety I see one more thing that monitors and reports on you to the government. I also seeing something like that as opening the door to other safety measures and more intrusion that I dont want.

I know your talking about drunk driving but take your idea one step further. Date rape is a huge issue should all dorm rooms be under camera if it prevents that ? WHy for one and not the other ? Why is one idea absurd to you and the other seem like a stroke of genius ?

Yea guess what im against the seat belt law and think the car beeping at me is absurd. I think the belt law is more about giving the cops one more reason to pull you over and print money than it is about safety.

You see safety I see one more thing that monitors and reports on you to the government. I also seeing something like that as opening the door to other safety measures and more intrusion that I dont want.

I know your talking about drunk driving but take your idea one step further. Date rape is a huge issue should all dorm rooms be under camera if it prevents that ? WHy for one and not the other ? Why is one idea absurd to you and the other seem like a stroke of genius ?

Date rape example is terrible.

Drunk Driving can be prevented way easier than date rape. So many variables with date rape. Drunk driving is simple. Don't be stupid.

Date rape example is terrible.

Drunk Driving can be prevented way easier than date rape. So many variables with date rape. Drunk driving is simple. Don't be stupid.

Im not being stupid your tap dancing. The comparison is that both could be greatly curbed with an intrusive method but for some reason you think one is a great idea and the other isnt.

I feel like im defending my points and your talking trash and I gotta tell you its making me think you got nothing.

I'm high right now and this post scares me

Im not being stupid your tap dancing. The comparison is that both could be greatly curbed with an intrusive method but for some reason you think one is a great idea and the other isnt.

Tell me how date rape could be curbed. You know, down to a practicality and science, in which drunk driving could be curbed.

I'll wait...

I'm high right now and this post scares me

Yea dude well get some cameras on you or a watch that reads if your wasted through your skin that is mandatory to wear and well take care of you too. Safety first my du.

Yea dude well get some cameras on you or a watch that reads if your wasted through your skin that is mandatory to wear and well take care of you too. Safety first my du.
We could make penis sensors

Back