Why doesn't Dana want Jones vs. Pereira?

That's fine but I guess casuals also don't know that he has 1 crappy fight in the HW division, yet if he leaves it will never be the same and we'll all be sorry?
They don’t know and don’t care they only know or care about big name

It doesn't make as much money for Mark Wahlberg. The UFC is a plaything for bored actors to look tough

I think its as simple as the UFC knows that the HW division is a mess right now and the last thing they need to create is a bigger mess at HW and LHW.

The UFC is bending over backwards to let Jones fight Stipe. It is what Jones wants and behind close doors I'm highly doubt the UFC wants that fight at this point.

I do think if Pereira defends the LHW title two more times and Jones beats Stipe and then fights Tom and wins I could then see the UFC being very ready to make Jones vs Pereira next fall. Also seems to be a fight Jones is interesting on the surface.

Pereira is the 2nd biggest star in the sport right now after Conor.

Dana doesn't want to waste his new cash cow on a quick and embarrassing loss to a Jon Jones at the tail end of his career.

Only person that does anything for is Jones, it harms Poatan and therefore the UFC.

Same reason as Aspinall: because Poatan would knock him into another universe within a round, shattering his mojo of being unbeatable in the octagon.

Dana doesn't want that because Jones with mystique intact is much more profitable for him than Jones without. Jones doesn't want that because it's bad for Jones, and Jones' cranium.

I feel like if Jonesy gets a single takedown it's over. I doubt the UFC wants to risk Jonesy murking Pereira then retiring.

Back