Why does society look down on single men?

Fortniter33

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Being single is awesome. No one to tie you down. Sure it can get lonely but aside from that i don’t really see any other downsides.

You can bang all the chicks you want. Do what you want and when you want. Go on holidays. More money for yourself.

Seems like some people think you’re a loser if you’re not married or don’t have kids. Why is that? What if you don’t want to tie yourself down in a relationship? I have been in a relationship before and I hated it.

Stop letting other people determine your worth.
My mother in law is independent like you,lots of cats though.
Get yourself some cats.

Society does not look down on single men.
Society looks down on single men who whine about their singlehood.

You can bang all the chicks you want. Do what you want and when you want. Go on holidays. More money for yourself. Seems like some people think you’re a loser if you’re not married or don’t have kids. Why is that? What if you don’t want to tie yourself down in a relationship?

For some of the reasons you listed and others. There are things that are considered normal and accepted in our culture and society, here in the U.S. In other countries it may be different.

Being a single man, depending on age, can mean the following: You have multiple female partners. You have multiple male partners (gay). You are selfish and narcissistic. You lack commitment to things. You are a difficult person or a person with problems. You could also be divorced or a widower. The same applies to women. For women it is worst as they get older.

On the bright side, only 25% of marriages are truly great. The other 25% are out of convenience (no love or sex), and the other 50% finish in divorce.

Marriage and family is basically mandatory for higher government positions. Like being the President, being a Congressman, or being a General in the military.

The government! That’s why.

Real question is - why does society allow itself to be willingly extorted?

And why do we allow most of it go to the politicians’ pockets? Free parking, meals, visits to the zoo, along with the whole family! What if I want to go to the zoo?

why does society look down on people that don’t want to be a slave to money?

Why do we allow society to continue being dumb af? Why does society think working 9-5 their entire life and not being able to actually move up on their own is normal?

Really it’s Because we’re dumb bastards. That’s why.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to turn off the craving I feel for pussy. I enjoy my freedom but I live in So Cal and it's impossible not to think about ass when some of these females are out in their short shorts and yoga pants in the hot weather we had. It drives me crazy. I don't want to think about sex but some of these asses are so fine they can't be unseen.

I know that I don't want to settle for anything less than a 9 or 10 if I'm going to turn in my nuts. Single life does have many positive aspects.

Kramer hit the nail on the head

It looks down on single women worse!

Society looks down on unsuccessful men. One of the most admired characters is a single (yet successful) billionaire with an obsession with bats.

A while back I was seeing a single mother who was trying hard to get me to settle down with her and become some sort of second father to her kids.

As a tactic she was telling me shit like "you know, it is frown upon to be single", or " you are not so young anymore", while I was like 32 at the time. Of course I left and now I am married to a great woman with a beautiful daughter of my own.

Moral of the story: there are multiple forces in society to try to pin people down. Fuck that noise and do things at your rythm on your terms.

That being said, I do feel like there is something off with people pushing 40 and up and without marriage/children. Totally subjective but it s just how I feel.

Because it’s your job to father offspring...

A while back I was seeing a single mother who was trying hard to get me to settle down with her and become some sort of second father to her kids.

As a tactic she was telling me shit like "you know, it is frown upon to be single", or " you are not so young anymore", while I was like 32 at the time. Of course I left and now I am married to a great woman with a beautiful daughter of my own.

Moral of the story: there are multiple forces in society to try to pin people down. Fuck that noise and do things at your rythm on your terms.

That being said, I do feel like there is something off with people pushing 40 and up and without marriage/children. Totally subjective but it s just how I feel.
What is off with them? Why do you feel that way? I’m only 25 by the way. Some people don’t want kids. I don’t ever want kids. Never has appealled to me. Not hating on people that do it. I just enjoy my own interests, freedom, travel too much.

It’s strange that some people (like you) think there is something off with someone who dosen’t have kids or want to get married.

Not to mention the extra time to play Fortnite

What is off with them? Why do you feel that way? I’m only 25 by the way. Some people don’t want kids. I don’t ever want kids. Never has appealled to me. Not hating on people that do it. I just enjoy my own interests, freedom, travel too much.

It’s strange that some people (like you) think there is something off with someone who dosen’t have kids or want to get married.

Well you are just 25, very young. Enjoy life, do crazy shit and don't ever commit at your age. I think there is something off with people that have children at 25, too, btw. It s a question of finding the proper timing.

Maybe your opinion will change in 10 years. I used to think it s awesome to be 45 and free and bang a bunch of women James Bond style, but now, yeah, it means something is not right.

I think it all boils down to life becoming pointless after a certain point when you don't have children. Nobody to pass things to. Just your own self and having fun, but isn't that a bit vain, after a certain age, say 40?

Not sure why but I guess what turns people off is that it signals to others that one takes his fun too seriously and has nothing to give. Essentially it signals being selfish and untrustworthy.

Don't get me wrong, this is very subjective and I know it's stupid but if I try to put it into words that would be it.

Another way to explain it is through some cognitive bias: when you have a child you adore that child and everything else looses importance in some capacity. So people assume that people without children care about unimportant things, since the most important of all isn t there.

I know it s all bullshit though. But trust parents when they say that life changes with a child :)

Don't worry, even if you shack up society will still manage to find plenty of other reasons to look down on you.

Like enjoying Fortnite.

Being single is awesome. No one to tie you down. Sure it can get lonely but aside from that i don’t really see any other downsides.

You can bang all the chicks you want. Do what you want and when you want. Go on holidays. More money for yourself.

Seems like some people think you’re a loser if you’re not married or don’t have kids. Why is that? What if you don’t want to tie yourself down in a relationship? I have been in a relationship before and I hated it.

Dude, you are missing out on the best part of being single. Not having to care what stupid people think or say.

Do you know the last time I wasted an hour of my life listening to rambling about mean girls at the office?

Last edited:
Because single men are disposable.

It doesn't matter to the society if they die because the next generation will be just as big without them. A loss of a woman means the next generation is smaller, loss of a breeding male is a negative due to the support his kids need.

This matters when intergroup conflict is the norm throughout our evolution. It also feeds into the survival of genes through the obvious mechanism.

So people have evolved to be pretty OK with single males dying. Caring less about them facilitate that and allows us to more readily use them as weapons.

Who looks down on single men? I live in a relatively more conservative society and nobody gives a shit that I'm single except for my grandmother
Women have it way worse.

Dude, you are missing out on the best part of being single. Not having to care what stupid people think or say.

You're missing out on the point of being single. There are success and failure conditions.

I think it depends on the person and situation. I met my wife when i was 17 and i wanted to be with her all the time and still do. I'm 28 now and we're thinking of having kids but really i have mainly all i want. I want kids too but I'm not in that big a rush i enjoy my free time and such and i reckon with kids you'll be tired all the time. I have a nephew and neice though and they are both awesome and makes it easier to see the appeal.

I've only come to realise this the last two years. Now my friends are all getting married and has kids, I rarely hear from them and are left out of most activities.

Who looks down on single men? I live in a relatively more conservative society and nobody gives a shit that I'm single except for my grandmother
Women have it way worse.

That's the burden of responsibility. Do not confuse importance with pure difficulty, a greater reward is attached.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back